It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we done this all Before and Before and Before...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Hiya Amari...I've seen this link before. The images of giants are known fakes. The 1st one even has the shadows completely wrong! The fossilised finger is cool...I actually own one! Found it a few years back whilst shovelling and barrowing 20 tons of expensive gravel into someone's back yard.

The other images really don't help the cause of Creationist beliefs. The willingness to attempt deceit is insulting to believers and skeptics alike.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think the answer lies in our DNA. There is a message there, and I have not read or heard of anybody trying to decipher it in terms of how SETI is trying to pick up and decipher distant probable messages from intelligent sentient beings. There is a lot of information in DNA, and I don't even know if Craig Venter has even fancied this thought. We now know how to manipulate gene information, but do we know how to project and elucidate the hidden information that is contained within? I haven't heard of anyone trying an experiment that pretty much constitutes a SETI project that looks within instead of outward.
But let me suggest and say that perhaps we are the only and most advanced "civilized"
group of beings to emerge on this planet. Perhaps we are the first ones to play with nuclear energy, perhaps we are the first to go to outer space, perhaps we are the first ones to collide atomic particles into each other. I hope there is some group out there (like the ones who built the doomsday seed storage) and are recording all our knowledge on some very permanent media that can withstand the ages and that can be accessible to future generations. Paper and digital media disappear and degrade relatively quickly in time.
If I had the power and funds to start such a project I would. I would place this permanent media (and make updated copies) and place them around the world and on the Moon. I would leave a beacon on the Moon that future generations could easily spot.
Thank you for this post, and allowing me to indulge in my fantasies. This has started to make me think of other things.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

The message will be in fruitflies too? They share 60% of our genes.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Kratos40

The message will be in fruitflies too? They share 60% of our genes.

Perhaps. Every time I look at my Biochemical Pathways posters in my office, I see the outline/shadow of a blueprint and masterplan there. I sit there and I realize that a lot of species have the same "blueprint". Even fruitflies. This is very telling. Just like the Voyager spacecraft has on it a disc with all our information that Carl Sagan and friends decided to put there, our DNA could also be like the Voyager spacecraft and contain media that translates it into a message, and not just a message of the obvious biological processes that drive us day to day.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Loved the read and the interlectual discussion that comes from such a post. First let me state that I belive there have been much more advanced cultures than ours. The Giza pyramid for one still can't be duplicated even with our current engineering knowledge.

Now for the fringe stuff. Most people assume that past civilization were hominid what if they were not. What if one species of dinasours evolved to a point of sentience and advanced enough to go underground before whatever happened to wipe the rest of the dinasours out. Now what if these same reptilian based life came back to the surface after the extinction if the dinasours and engineered humans to rebuild their former cities and civilization. It might be that all the aliens we think are from other dimentions are really the original inhabitents of this planet.

This would also explain why TPTB don't care about the human race or it's evolution. You wouldn't care if the robot you built to do your bidding wanted to evolve or grow. You would simply use it till it served it's purpose and the. Disard it and build a new better one. I have always wondered how or why the people at the top had no sympathy for the common man.

I know it's getting David Ike ish and I know how weird it all sounds. But there are quite a few ancient references to snake people or reptilian humanoids going back thousands of years. The Indians speak of the Naga people who lived deep in the earth.

Certainly is food for thought.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Great post and subject matter! I love this stuff.
One of the best examples of past civilizations that I have seen is Puma Punku, which I know has been discussed on ATS before, it is just unbelievable to me that these stones were made by people with less technology than we have. Whoever/whatever made these stones were very advanced, if you think otherwise just get a piece of granite and try yourself to carve or chip it without a hammer or chisel made of steel, or for that matter try it with a hammer and chisel. I know it sounds simplistic but granite/ stones in general are heavy and hard it is incomprehensible to me that ancient people without technology could have done this.
So I guess my short answer is Yes there's definitely been civilizations before us.

Here's a portion of Ancient Aliens off of the History Channel talking about Puma Punku.

www.youtube.com...

If you haven't seen Ancient Aliens I think it a must see. I realize this an alien theory but to me is the same as previous civilizations.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-2-2010 by 68eric86]

[edit on 14-2-2010 by 68eric86]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe you could be onto something, this is from a thread I started a not long back:

I've been considering the AA (Ancient Astronaut) theory for a while now...looking at all the evidence...I have no doubt at all Aliens have been around since humans existed on Earth...but the one thing which has always stumped me...is the fact that every bit of viable evidence points to most of these Aliens being humanoids...and I'm sure it isn't just me who finds that rather odd and very unlikely...unless they were somehow related to the human race and not from a far off solar system...in the past I've considered two possible options:

1) They are actually time travelling humans from the future.
2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.

I've always gone with option 2 because I believe there are in fact structures on the dark side of the moon and on or under the surface of Mars...and I personally think time travel is impossible...if Aliens did in fact create us and the Earth is nothing but an Alien ant farm...it could explain why we are both humanoids...that word should technically be changed to "Alienoids" because we are made in their likeness, not the other way around...

But then a 3rd option grew on me after watching the AA documentary...I have previously read about and considered this option...but didn't take much notice of at the time as it seems very unlikely...

3) Humans have once before reached highly advanced levels of technological development, even more so then our current level, and eventually left Earth becoming a spacefaring civilization.
source

Option 3 is quite possible in my opinion. It's between option 2 and 3 for sure...but option 1 still holds some weight...in any case, I'm certain there has been an advanced race on Earth before

[edit on 14/2/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
reply to post by UberL33t

I thank you for practically reading my mind!

Quick answer. Yes.

When scalar weapons were evolved, the end soon follows.

Here's a hint. If everyone threw their phone away today, then tomorrow there would be a law to have one. That is just the beginning. I will be back. Thank you for the most relevant thing I have seen another person contemplate in days. S & F

Totally agree with you.

Read the Vedic documents and the Veda's of Indian Lore.
They practically spell out how advanced it was back then.
They probably didn't have mobile phones and the petty bs tech we have.
But civilisations were advanced.
In one of them there are descriptions of a lance that kills by sound and another of flying craft/chariots.
Nuclear fall-out is also present.
Even some of the old Irish / Celtic myths have references to germ warfare.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I believe you could be onto something, this is from a thread I started a not long back:

I've been considering the AA (Ancient Astronaut) theory for a while now...looking at all the evidence...I have no doubt at all Aliens have been around since humans existed on Earth...but the one thing which has always stumped me...is the fact that every bit of viable evidence points to most of these Aliens being humanoids...and I'm sure it isn't just me who finds that rather odd and very unlikely...unless they were somehow related to the human race and not from a far off solar system...in the past I've considered two possible options:

1) They are actually time travelling humans from the future.
2) We are in fact engineered beings created by the Aliens and placed on Earth as an experiment.

I've always gone with option 2 because I believe there are in fact structures on the dark side of the moon and on or under the surface of Mars...and I personally think time travel is impossible...if Aliens did in fact create us and the Earth is nothing but an Alien ant farm...it could explain why we are both humanoids...that word should technically be changed to "Alienoids" because we are made in their likeness, not the other way around...

But then a 3rd option grew on me after watching the AA documentary...I have previously read about and considered this option...but didn't take much notice of at the time as it seems very unlikely...

3) Humans have once before reached highly advanced levels of technological development, even more so then our current level, and eventually left Earth becoming a spacefaring civilization.
source

Option 3 is quite possible in my opinion. It's between option 2 and 3 for sure...but option 1 still holds some weight...in any case, I'm certain there has been an advanced race on Earth before

[edit on 14/2/10 by CHA0S]

I go for option 2 and 3. We're the ones 'left-behind'. The departed have 'already' *made it*

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have contemplated this same theory briefly before. I do not take all of the Bible literally, especially the creation story in Genesis. However, there is something written in the story that is grossly mistranslated, according to a personal source of mine who reads Hebrew. Look at the following verse from the KJV of the Bible:

"Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

According to my friend, it should say: "And the earth was MADE without form, and MADE void..."

As in life on earth was destroyed at some point. Also look at this verse, that is translated correctly:

"Genesis 1:28 - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

That tells me that God wanted mankind to RE-fill the earth with human life. If you refill something, it had to be full before, and at some point made empty. Right?

That is just my thoughts on this matter. Like I said, I take this portion of the Bible mostly symbolically, but that stands out in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What is history, except a fable agreed upon. (napoleon)

and knowing the dire influences all organised materialistic religeons had on the earth, i doubt very highly we have anything that even resembles the full picture.

so all bets are on boys

on topic and constructivly, i think human life has definitely been influenced by a party that has no stake, or responsobility's toward human life. be it elitists or E.T's

my two pence

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Now THAT is a great idea. Instead of just a time capsule, we should put together a library (as condensed as possible), outlining our scientific knowledge, architecture, laws, achievements, arts, history, religions, etc. That way, if we go under and most of our civilization (if not all) is destroyed, there is something somewhere that can remind our descendents of what we were.

Here is an interesting site that discusses various ooparts:

www.antiquescopes.com...

The idea of a time capsule or library might have already occurred; we don't know
yet if we will discover one off world or whether we will find one buried (remember
the Dead Sea Scrolls?).

I think we, as a species, are far older than we have been taught; perhaps our Earth
is far older...If prior civilizations were lost due to catastrophes, and most humans destroyed, we would have had to start over again under dire circumstances. It would have been extremely difficulty to rebound from the trauma.

This is a subject of interest to many, such a Gordon Hancock who has traveled the world in search of this quest (see his many books). Check out his website:

www.grahamhancock.com...

Another organization which puts on great conferences each year is CPAK, Conference of Progression and Ancient Knowledge, where respected researchers in this field meet and present their findings, and which is open to the public.

www.cpakonline.com...

Great post.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"...All of this has happened before...and will happen again"

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

This is what made the whole 're-imagined' BSG series so compelling for me. Especially the final few episodes; it made you think...not just great FX and space battles. It had much more thought put into it.

Who knows, maybe Moore and Eick were closer to the truth then they know?

S&F...great reading.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A human being ages and dies. So can a family. A neighborhood, community, city, ethnic group, nation, society, civilization, species, planet, galaxy, universe.

For each coming generation, if they cannot bear the burden of civilization (and of survival) and "progress", decline and decay approaches, before the inevitable... The important part, as enlightened awake beings, is to carry the torch for future generations. If we fail, all is lost. (Remember the The Lost Decade.) The light will be extinguished. There will be chaos and darkness.

Just look how the map has changed in the last 3000 years.

Everything has its season.

As much as The Great Mother accepts fall and winter, she also accepts spring and summer.

The only hope for humanity is a united quest for discovery, learning and exploration.

PS - Noah's ark was a space-ship.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.
perhaps we were created by a previous race? much like the halo story with the forerunners and how they populated worlds with various DNA samples. (not saying halo is real but giving you an idea of what im talking about)

We were created in thier image, but we have free will we are not like them.
Perhaps they control our goverment(s)? or do not wish to interfer with our own development?

What ever it is, humans are being watched (ufo sightings etc) something wishes to keep an eye on us, perhaps the next jump into evolution which humans will realize that violence isn't the answer.

and that we are suppose to build a peaceful socitiy, i am all for that.
However the biggest probelms would be "america" and thier war-mongering ways, i have spoken to people from texas, at least 30, every last one of them believes you should judge by the color of someones skin, and that war is the right answer.
But why would a nation teach thier people such a false perpective? Violence is illogical, war requires rescoures, and we we limited for rescoures, and yet they presist with thier countless "war"

This might not be easy for some to accept, but what if america was really trying to doom the human race? you all must admit, that in the last few years, alot has happened, and most of which done by america, a once loved nation which slowly started corrupting the world.

If you stand for a war-breathing world, then you should know if "aliens" (as you call them) were to "wish" the human race away, i would agree with them, because it is the logical answer

earth dies humanity and all life die, humantiy dies the earth lives

final notice: either humanity rids of warand lives in peace, or they (we) will be destoryed

do you want to be destoryed because a bunch of rich powerful basterds want to control your lives? answer is NO!

if a rebellion for freedom arises join it, fight for peace with peace, OR else time will do a 180 # up, and we will all die

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it's time we develop a planet x-ray machine. Like that'll ever happen...back to star trek. goodnight.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

When we are not drilling and mining, we wage wars - we go out there, and we kill millions of people, during which we kill lots of our own people and we leave people in total misery, or dead.

I am sick and tired of this.

Stop killing people.

It is time the world rulers realised that it is time to stop killing people - not that that time ever existed.

"Some people need killing".....William Munny, Unforgiven.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Humans are an amazing species, we are capable of survival in the most extreme of environments. Logic tells me that civilization has risen and fallen before and most likey will occur again, when though is the question (and not not referring to any 2012 theories). When great destrucution occurs humans must adapt and all that exists are stories which become myth and then legend, the bible itself is a collection of stories from a time long gone.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by relap0]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LaMadameDuval

Here in America the greatest treasures were left behind by highly ancient

intelligent beings for humans today to find. We pass by these treasures and

yet there they are right in front of our faces and eyes in the open and still we

do not see.

No one will believe it until they are lead by the hand and shown the truth

because man has been blinded by others including experts saying it is

something else they are seeing. ^Y^

[edit on 15-2-2010 by amari]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

The Air is Heir between you and I, the last breath out is the newborns cry.

The gas is the pressure, no gravity involved, just the density of the cavity, with you filling it's walls.

Matter is finite of which we are in, so we trade molecules in an act seen as sin.

Better explained, by apostles known as the beatles, who the whole land spun under it's needles.

Helter Skelter, the long and winding road, yesterday and tomorrow never knows

Decay is time, or the meter their of, everything scaled below to above.

Space is eternal, no mind can comprehend, head meet foot all over again.

Like Jesus telling the guy on the right, with me in paradise you'll be tonight.

When you are the last in your family, you are the first, you undertake delivery of your own birth.

You watch as a shadow saying "NO", SCREAMING a whisper you can't hear at all. 10 Generations watching each descendant break, on the 11th of Nin you got your take.

But there is only one thing, you see there is a catch, entering flesh leaves no memory in tact.

That is 3 days later, you start to recall, this is the pit in which we all fall.

Ashes ashes we all fall down.

Happy Ground hogs day...

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join