It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we done this all Before and Before and Before...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Well the figure I came up with was 23,000, but a quarter of that from the original equation in the post would still be 1,150,000,000. That's a lot of years.

Scientists could of course be wrong

Most of what they know about the Earth this long ago is primarily built upon theories, most of which, if not all, are debatable. All in all, we weren't there, so we can only speculate.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Very much thanks to the OP for the thread and SaturnFX for the very interesting videos. This is much more evidence than I knew existed to support the theory.

I'd like to take it weirder and throw the possibility of time travel in there. I know this is a rad Sci-Fi idea, but imagine your planet is dying and you have this technology. It may be more efficient to go back to a younger Earth than to find a suitable replacement.

But either way, what I don't understand is what does this say about Evolution? Were all the other life-forms evolving except for humanity?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Welcome to planet earth. Planet earth is a planetary mining and drilling operation. That is the basis of what we as humans do here on earth, we dig, mine, and drill for resources.

Gold and oil are chief amongst them.

Oil is made out of fossils, it is known as a fossil fuel.

Here is the recipe for oil, take six billion humans and bombard with nuclear weapons! Radiation from the nuclear weapons will grow and mutate an assortment of lizards into man eating reptiles. Grow human fed reptile population to 1 billion. Deep freeze and let cool 10,000 years! Extract and repeat process as often as necessary.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
what I don't understand is what does this say about Evolution? Were all the other life-forms evolving except for humanity?

Here's a thought, it's been studied that we have evolved in such a way to no longer need parts of our anatomy in our current evolutionary state. However, let's say our population get's reduced significantly. Oh say, to a mere 100,000 or so people that somehow survived the event spread periodically over the globe, or even in one central location, either way.

They would effectively be starting from scratch. In that case the human body may evolve in reverse, turning the anatomy that we don't need currently back on so to speak, as the new civilizations evolved over the years they would re-evolve to where they were before the SHTF. Surely there would be genetic mutations along the way, for example blue eyes, which just showed up after years and years of brown eyes.

To give a good analogy, picture evolution in the shape of a "U", now add that to the theory in the OP and human evolution would look like this UUUUUUU with 1 "U" representing 200,000 years or so.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Extract and repeat process as often as necessary.

I think the over-all theory has validity. The question is...and usually always is, Why?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't have the time to contribute content to this post though I will say, these kinds of posts are the most important since one's foundation of Being is dependent on the Truth itself.

If one has a false foundation, their pyramid of being, so to say, is not a pyramid at all.

Those 'huddled' masses.....all standing in line.....waiting.....for the inevitable.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I believe the Earth has a rince and repeat cycle

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If I was a human with a 'time maching', I suppose I would start from here, Quasar and go forward, though that still wouldn't answer the most important questions.

Not to worry, As a human being, the mind, is not designed to fathom the answers to questions the mind is not designed to answer in the first place. There is much sensory input from the cosmos our minds are not capable of processing. Our scientific instruments of measure help, though are desinged by those limited to the sixth sense, the same sense, many continue to deny altogether. ATS is rare exception of course. Too truthy.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Well, it Is burned in stone.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The new paradigm by which archeology and biology base their assumptions is that planet earth settled from it's chaotic birth much faster than earlier thought. Shown by research:

Scientists have been able to reconstruct detailed information about the planet's past. The earliest dated Solar System material is dated to 4.5672 ± 0.0006 billion years ago,[16] and by 4.54 billion years ago (within an uncertainty of 1%)[12] the Earth and the other planets in the Solar System formed out of the solar nebula—a disk-shaped mass of dust and gas left over from the formation of the Sun. This assembly of the Earth through accretion was largely completed within 10–20 million years.[17] Initially molten, the outer layer of the planet Earth cooled to form a solid crust when water began accumulating in the atmosphere. The Moon formed shortly thereafter, 4.53 billion years ago.[18]

Full Page

So. The moon was forming at 4.53 billion years ago. Tidal activity began almost immediately, forming sedimentation as well as amassing large quantities of various minerals and nutrients in certain regions. A perfect set up for bacterial life that was brought in initially through the impact between Terra and Theia.

If the new information about panspermiatic origins proves accurate, and many major players in the science community are openly discussing and endorsing this idea, which is saying a lot considering science's inherent skepticism; than we are looking at a shift of view. A shift from the idea that bacterial life took a billion + years to reach even its infancy, to the idea that bacterial life arrived fully formed. Merely adapting to our environment and progressing along evolutionary pathways. If this IS the case, and I'm not saying it is, than our whole timeline needs to be redrawn.

The dinosaurs were around for millions of years, we've been around for a hundred thousand give or take another hundred thousand years, at least according to current anthropological opinions. And even before the dinosaurs, how much time was there for other types of life, perhaps mammals rose first and died off making way for the dino's. All I'm saying is, look what we accomplished in such a short span of time. Don't rule out the possibility that we are 'unique' in our intellectual capacity for reason, understanding, and culture. I cannot fathom a world where the ONLY life was trilobites for a couple of eons. There was definitely continental life, since i doubt plants crawled from the ocean.

In my humble opinion, its foolish to believe we jumped from blue-green algae to dinosaurs without other life leading TO the dinosaurs. Nothing comes from nowhere. That being said, it would also be arrogant to assume that this life would be anything like us. The earth may as well have been an alien world to what it is today, life would have been different, and as such it would not exist now, precisely for the same reason. Anything is possible when you realize that 1/2 the last 4.3 billion years, the earth really wasn't sitting there bubbling away and cooling, and that this process ended much much much much MUCH earlier.

However back to the topic at hand, human civilizations rise and fall. Always have, always will. To think otherwise is to be unprepared for change. No doubt that about 10 000 years ago something knocked civilization off it's axis. We forgot our bond to nature, we forgot our languages. The earliest civilizations in Egypt, Sumer, and South America (Peru, Nazca etc.), carried immense knowledge that was 'preserved' and not learned. The Egyptians for instance emerged as a full fledged civilization, rather baffling to most archeologists. Perhaps because we are looking at it the wrong way, maybe they weren't building, maybe they were re-building.

Food for thought!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

When we are not drilling and mining, we wage wars - we go out there, and we kill millions of people, during which we kill lots of our own people and we leave people in total misery, or dead.

I am sick and tired of this.

Stop killing people.

It is time the world rulers realised that it is time to stop killing people - not that that time ever existed.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I would ask all to consider this simple truth... The Bible says the world was created in 6 DAYS, and the Bible is in fact… Correct... The only problem with the story, its been told wrong. How can I say that... 24 to the 6th power.

24*24*24*24*24*24= 4,586,471,424
4.5 Billion Years...
(explain this simple truth to your friends if you want to freak them out!)

If you thinks that's interesting... You should see all the truths that can be found within the numbers 144,000 and 6, 6, 6.

--Charles Marcello

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I definitely think its plausible that humanity has reached an advanced level previous to our own on Earth. I mean, there is not one single reason as to why this isn't plausible. A lot of what is left to be discovered on our current main lands has been, but the final archaeological frontier is the ocean. Marvelous finds have already been achieved with the Bimini road and the ruins off the coast of Cuba, but a wider international archeological effort to search the sea floors would take a lot of effort. Let's hope one day we do venture this far as the Earth may still have some secrets for us.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think most geologists agree that features like the Bimini road are natural and a result of beachrock erosion. You don't have to be a scientist to see that sedimentary layers are often laid down parallel to one another. If tectonic activity turns them on their side and layers of different densities erode at different rates you get more-or-less straight "roads."

I liked the "alphabetic message" article though. I don't know if it's possible here but given the universe is 3X (three times) older than Earth, it seems clear that intelligent life somewhere else most likely exists. It would truly be a miracle if that weren't the case. 200,000 years out of 13.73 billion is but a blink in geologic time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

my idea...energy lifeforms...and we would return the earth back to nature and perhaps even grow and watch yet a new species gain intelligence.

Interesting, this could be the intended cycle. Earth get's a clean slate and once we've advanced to this energy level, we restart the cycle. I just hope we're not the batch that breaks the cycle. As of now, we have a looong way to go.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Not sure what I believe but thanks for posting this as its a reall intresting read.

All things are possible, I guess, no matter how improbable. Also they said the earth was flat one day and look at us now so who knows.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Really interesting topic, thought provoking too! This is something I've pondered too and something else I like to consider too, based on the evolutionary theory. The question of why there are still apes and humans. Could that be natures contingency for when the humans leave/die off?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I strongly believe that we have done this all before. Great thread. As for many, books like Fingerprints of the Gods were a big eye-opener for me, but also my own spiritual beliefs about our eternal spirits being incarnated here to learn have contributed to my belief. The material plane is like a big university - our souls come here to grow and to learn. Civilisations rise and fall and I just can't accept that when this one falls, there'll be nothing afterwards. The same logic applied retrospectively indicates the strong possibility of cyclical advanced-civilisations.

I've heard it said that all life works i cycles, or 'pendulums'. Both on a cosmic and individual level. We all have periods of fortune and growth followed by periods of misfortune. The difference between us all is the length of each 'swing'. For some it's daily, for others it's near-enough a whole lifetime. Same goes for wider civilisation.

I think it'd be arrogant to insist ours is the only civilisation across space... or across time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Since Squirrel Nutz posted this idea I have been fascinated by it and certain it is true.

The 'spared' races who make it through apocalypse will be seemingly advanced and can annihilate any other groups and install their own beliefs into others' cultures... I think the Sumerians and all were like this and probably all civilisations we consider 'advanced' for their time.

Its like Star Wars, didnt happen in the future but in the past, only seems futuristic because the method to make was lost.

I believe the Nazis were searching himilayas and middle east to find Vimana technology, which ancient 'elites' would use to harrass people and create the idea that they were divine. Who could argue?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

I believe 'littlebunny' may have something there with the '6' logic.
Words, words, words often defy logic for the truth. I never paid them much notice. One can only See the truth, then attempt to put it to print.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join