It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really that different ? ( quest for a better understanding. )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
After reading a thread. A post from ATS member Wolf. I noticed almost all replies were showing some similarities.

What I’ve noticed the reason for feeling different is , a different understanding of life . Usually along with the believe it’s a better understanding. Confronted with a different view on life from the world around them. The need for like minded people and a search for answers, probably is the reason ATS exist IMO. Maybe it is also why I believe to see so many similarities.

The reason for this thread is to better understand of how and why people feel different. If my idea what I think that why means is true. Are we really that different ?

I’d like to ask for your personal experiences in life about what you’ve noticed your understanding was so different, you actually felt different then others.

1. What do you believe common understanding is. ( On the issue from personal experience. )
And.
2. What your personal understanding is. ( Regarding to feeling different. )

I really hope to read some interesting stories. However this thread exist because I think they can very well all look alike.

Please proof me wrong ?

Sinter Klaas.

@ Mods. I didn't find a thread like mine. If there is.
Please U2U me and explain the search engine ? I've not found anything with it yet.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I sure hope we are different here...If I ended up in a place where everyone for the most part agreed...on almost anything...that means debate is gone, and thinking is at a minimum.

even stupid things that seem transparent should be debated on and hopefully seen different. It is by sharing our different views where truth may come to surface.

I think that a good 75% of ATS goers are seeking the truth...well, maybe not that many...but lets say a solid 50%...the rest are seeking to further their understanding of their particular illusion, and some are seeking to simply make themselves feel clever or beat up on others of different beliefs to make themselves feel sane.

Anyhow, I guess you can say the things that unites us is our demand for a difference of opinion so we may either alter our own, or feel more secure in it, because once things become the same, then things become boring(unenlightening).

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think that a good 75% of ATS goers are seeking the truth...well, maybe not that many...but lets say a solid 50%...the rest are seeking to further their understanding of their particular illusion, and some are seeking to simply make themselves feel clever or beat up on others of different beliefs to make themselves feel sane.

Yes I agree !
Our differences is what makes life interesting.

I don't deny we are different from each other. I'm interested for the reason what makes us feel different. What is the origin, of some people have a different understanding and when did the first notion of this difference actually presented it self. And what the subject was, at the time.

Looking back in past experiences always helps me forming an opinion in present time. I assume this also works with experience from others and their understanding or consequences of them in present time.

Usually we only get a present time opinion. I'm interested in it's source.

[edit on 13/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Truths and lies are part of the psychological perceptions of humans. These perceptions are based on the memory of of the soul and the memory of the human race. Furthermore, these perceptions are subject to ego interpretation. Why should we look outside of the self to find answers to existential questions we may have? The problem is that most of us are basing our existence on the past for we have no idea how to get the answers from within. Beliefs and doubts are the problem most of us are facing, and it's exactly what keeps us prisoner of the soul's experience.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

Thanks.

I agree. However this isn't what I asked for.

I have only gained my awareness of what you say, makes us prisoner of our own mind. After I was introduced with other opinions an experiences.
Including the total idiot ones, full of BS and lies.

I learned step by step, end understanding what I have now is still under construction.

To say, why should we look outside ourselves for answers ? Because of our perception on life is contaminated with ego, lies and false assumptions. in other words deny what we experience.
I'm sorry to say this but I think it's full of crap and a perfect example of denying ignorance.

It is true we are influenced with our past, education, religious believes. Even our way of sensing reality is by means of secondary organs, only to be deciphered by one, if all goes well, never will see the light of day.

You can't deny we rely on our perceptions and those of others to learn in life and grow as a person gaining more understanding.

If for example you would have been left with a pack of dogs and was raised by them. ( Real story, has occurred several times we are aware of search You tube or wiki for sources. )
The result will be you will behave like a dog. If you missed certain perception and learning in life. It is impossible to learn later in life. Because the foundation is missing.

Knowledge and understanding is usually not punching you in the face, without provoking it.

Understanding comes only when learned how to look past true and false.
see why true and false are what they are. Learning from the context true and false are presented in. For this to succeed. Hiding in a closet isn't an option.

How can a person not be influenced ?
Anyway, thank for you time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

How can a person not be influenced ?

How to not be influenced? well, for this to occur, one needs to have identity, meaning, transmuting personality to identity. It's knowing that, as an evolving species, we are manipulated in every way, shape or form. Identity, to its strongest expression, is the best way to not be influenced. When humans will learn how to live in the present of their consciousness, then, they will start the process of setting themselves free from any and all manipulations, either from visible or invisible spheres of reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ah well I can agree it makes sense.

However just like ideology can create a Utopia.
First the people, every single one of them has to accept the same ways.

It looks to me your explanation requires the same.
I'm not going to put money on it happening in my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Well, this process has started for me in this life time. It's no ideology to my point of view, it's my own reality. I for one cannot impose my reality onto you. You will know what i mean when you experience it on your own.
As long as people will have emotional attachment to their own soul memory, they will be stuck in the infernal cycle of life and death. When a human being is ready for a change in his vibrational status, and ready to see the bigger picture, meaning, breaking the rules of his own astrological program, he on the path to total freedom. Manipulations is the greatest threat to mankind's evolution. Right now, most of humanity is still in the "involutionary" stage of their soul's experience. For the few who started living according to the spirit, or if you prefer, according to their own light, they started their "evolutionary" progression to higher states of consciousness, for they are not be subject to any kind of manipulation whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, this process has started for me in this life time. It's no ideology to my point of view, it's my own reality. I for one cannot impose my reality onto you. Well, this process has started for me in this life time. It's no ideology to my point of view, it's my own reality. I for one cannot impose my reality onto you.
No need to worry ! To read what your say is in the matter. The reason to thread in the first place. It is greatly appreciated !

So.
If I understand it correctly.

Not letting yourself act on emotions ( Influence ). Will lead to the end of fear, hate and all evil emotion lead loose in your mind.
If achieved, there is only understanding. Seeing it's never been about you, as you are just one of many. Like drubs of water in an ocean. At the same time realising The many is one. You are one.

If so.
It still makes no sense to me to realise you are one or many and to live in harmony with the rest for a all to be one. You need IMO learn first to even be able to have an opinion in the matter.
Excepting the many will automatically know because they are one.
Would be the same as an ant becoming self aware. while slowly make others aware. Eventually their society will fall apart.

Not being influenced, could also mean you would seize contributing to society. Influence goes both ways.

For all best moments of mankinds proudest moments are done in the most dangerous and catastrophic situations. When all influence shot down, only the need to help to love and to comfort remain.

Now I don't remember if I'm commenting your post or my understanding of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Not letting yourself act on emotions ( Influence ). Will lead to the end of fear, hate and all evil emotion lead loose in your mind.

Emotions are the ego's interpretations of thoughts "received" in the mind, in other words, it's a psychological interpretation based on our own memory of soul experience. The desires are the canal used for influence and manipulation. These desires come in many forms: Quest for power, knowledge, love, spirituality, money, etc. All of these by-products that stems from desires keeps us in ignorance of our true identity.
In order not to be affected emotionally, one needs to truly discover all the inner workings of his own psyche, and discover the role of cosmic forces actively involved in his own physical experience. For this to take place, we first need to know that we are in fact multidimensional.

You need IMO learn first to even be able to have an opinion in the matter.
Excepting the many will automatically know because they are one.
Would be the same as an ant becoming self aware. while slowly make others aware. Eventually their society will fall apart.

An opinion is based on insecurity within the mind, it's the inability to know for sure. If you know something, without the shadow of a doubt, you do not need an opinion, for opinions are based on egoic psychological analysis.

Not being influenced, could also mean you would seize contributing to society. Influence goes both ways.

For someone who is not influenced in any way, he can very well contribute to a society, according to his own vibrational status, without attachment to the values of this society. In other words, if someone is in his own identity, it wont even show in the eyes of the people around him, for he has a very strong center of gravity.

For all best moments of mankinds proudest moments are done in the most dangerous and catastrophic situations. When all influence shot down, only the need to help to love and to comfort remain.

Pride is also part of the manipulation we are subjected to. Pride is the direct result of a desire.

Do not take seriously what i've wrote, for it stems from personal experience and understanding of life. But maybe one day, when an event of importance will happen in your life, you will remember some of these words.

Light to you my friend

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Emotions are the ego's interpretations of thoughts "received" in the mind, in other words.
This funny. As my thoughts definitely do influence my emotions.
My emotions occasionally act to something I'm clueless about. Not even the slightest thought tells me what just hap pend.

An opinion is based on insecurity within the mind, it's the inability to know for sure. If you know something, without the shadow of a doubt, you do not need an opinion, for opinions are based on ergodic psychological analysis.
I'm sorry to say this but my believes thoughts ideas opinions and understanding. They are all formed from countless analysis true, false, fiction and reality. Everything my understanding has become is due to a bigger picture what after a while sort of appeared.

It looks like I'm not even doing bad.

For someone who is not influenced in any way, he can very well contribute to a society, according to his own vibrational status, without attachment to the values of this society. In other words, if someone is in his own identity, it wont even show in the eyes of the people around him, for he has a very strong center of gravity.
You say it's so important, but is it really worth losing your humanity for.
I like being human.

Pride is also part of the manipulation we are subjected to. Pride is the direct result of a desire
I disagree. I put pride at the top. As for pride makes feel we are better then others making it possible to desire what they have.

Don't worry ! I'll absorb yours just like I absorb others

Thank you for the light, I'm more then willing to share it with you.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The reason for this thread is to better understand of how and why people feel different. If my idea what I think that why means is true. Are we really that different ?

That was part of this thread I started here not long ago:
In the beginning, define a wall...

This thread approaches the issue a bit differently.

1. What do you believe common understanding is. ( On the issue from personal experience. )

Mainly two large groups on at conscious level. Those that feel more need to have organized sense of self (95% of individuals). Those that feel more need or just let themselves be completely disorganized sense of self (5% individuals/elementals/entities).

From there (in a different view):

Auditory 60%
Visual 30%
Kinetic 10%

2. What your personal understanding is. ( Regarding to feeling different. )

Recent topic, I think sex, gender, and emotions are still misunderstood too much. Maybe we lost truth along the way. One thing I like about the bible is the psychological aspects the seem to often get overlooked. I think it is not meant to be notice by the many that really don't need it, yet for the rest of us that do need it, it connects deeply to help us not feel so alien.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

My question was actually asking why people here, came to a point they began searching for answers. Leading to ATS for example.

It turned out to be a little different.

You go even further on this.
I'll will read it. But first. Dinner is served.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I began to search for answers because what I was given seemed woefully inadequate to explain the vast range of my own feelings and truths. There is always that inner voice be it heart, soul, spirit, higher self that knows the truth when it hears. Some things that out never imagined could even be possible as a child sometimes wind up as core beliefs as an adult.

I believe you find mostly two types of people in the search for answers. Those that have been led by there parents teachers elders guides, and those that have been misled and lied to. The vast majority falls somewhere in between and never finds nor feels a reason to question what was given them. For most people sleeping is quite fine for them because they don't want to do the work of finding there own answers, because it is work, and more answers lead to more questions.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
I began to search for answers because what I was given seemed woefully inadequate to explain the vast range of my own feelings and truths.

Thank You ! This was what I initially intended with the thread.

I believe you find mostly two types of people in the search for answers. Those that have been led by there parents teachers elders guides, and those that have been misled and lied to. The vast majority falls somewhere in between and never finds nor feels a reason to question what was given them. For most people sleeping is quite fine for them because they don't want to do the work of finding there own answers, because it is work, and more answers lead to more questions.

I stumbled by accident on it and I thought it was hilarious. I found it to be ridiculous. It took a while for me to start reckondnising in real live,what I read. Only after this change of mind, I found my own doubts and troubles in everyday life answered. But before it, I was completely unaware.
Now you can definitely see me hunting for it all. I always was curious, it lead me to this all. I needed to re define what I was teach ed and now I'm here.
Always finding more questions and only little truth. Understanding life however has gone trough the roof.

The only real doubt I started with very soon in life was about religion it didn't make any sense to me. This feeling has been growing ever since.
It lead me to denying religion as a whole. Evil is how I see it control people.

Only 'evil' as duality. If you like you can read all about it right Here There are some interesting thougts on it about evil.

Peace !

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If we hold one ideal above all others, it is that life is good; it is a product of the cosmos, whose visible manifestation on earth is the source from which we all originate. We believe in living for the sake of life, a view that is probably best described in the writings of existentialist and Romantic writers. We believe that life as a whole is good - meaning that death and defecation are as natural as birth and eating - and we praise food, friends and love alongside war, debauchery and eugenics. These factors cannot be separated from one another and are essential manifestations of life (which, in turn, is inseparable from nature and the cosmos).

A wise man once said, "Proof is in the eye of the beholder." He was not implying that proof does not exist, only that it will not be recognized, especially when it is unpopular to do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Beautiful explanation !
But it seems to be a little of topic

Are you mistaken Or do I not understand where you're applying to ?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I was raised by a pack of dogs! I have always challenged the big dogs authority and motives while the bitch spent her time trying to keep the peace by finding a compromise on our different stances. She kept reminding me that it was ok to be different the world would be a sad place if everyone was the same, but has never stopped judging me in my adult life now my path has taken me further away from their blissful utopia. If it wasnt for me im sure that picture would be perfect for them.

My grandfather lied to the authorities about his age when he was 14 so he could be a part of WWII and his sons and daughter (my mother) all have a wild streak in them. However, my grand mother died when my mother was quite young and obviously impacted on her life greatly as to say she was left to deal with the grief on her own as her brothers stuck together. She had my father whom she went on to marry but never got on with her family.

My fathers family is a bunch of ass kissing homophobes and are complete opposites. So for my entire upbringing he took it upon himself to break my spirit. The only problem he had was his lack of awareness of the situation and was dealing with someone blessed with some decent qualities. I dont talk to them they have past their used by date for me and have wronged me in many ways and still go out of their way to do so because (i believe) they believe they owe it to me.

Once upon a time people used to work hard to survive and appreciate each other, people used to unite when the rich guy came around and started bullying them. Not anymore, everything is taken for granted there is no substance in our existance or it is beaten out of you at an early age. That is why we have similarities because we understand consequence, that is why i truely believe that no lesson worth learning is easy to learn.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by M3T4LH34D

Wow.
Powerful ! It's sad, you had to go trough all this.

Respect for you

You look like you have risen above the ones causing your hard life.

Thank you for sharing.
Your story is definitely one to think about !

Thanks !

[edit on 22/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think diversity is the key to Human devolpment.
I wouldnt want everyone to be the same, which is what I think is the plan by the PTB.
I feel different all the time to people who are closer to me by that meen people in real life.
Many have different views on things but I've realised that most of them have the same view.
They believe in the matrix. They believe the lie. Everyone is under some form of mind control.
There is mass hypnosis going on I believe, im not stating this as fact.
Why do I believe this?
Well if I see it, why dont they?
I feel different when we discuss things, family, friends, they tend to not think outside the box and ridicule.
People are scared. Anything that involves talking about youre whole life maybe be a lie, they are using you, you could loose your money, it could be better.
People are afraid of change. This is where I feel different.

join