It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting the Infowar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Fighting The Infowar: How the people of ATS can change the country

There is an epidemic of ignorance, still, even as we, as anti-NWO colleagues, celebrate major victories over the mainstream lies. Our country still lives and lays within the jaws of the dictatorial two-party system, and will not see itself through without outside support.

We, as educated individuals, have a social and moral responsibility to spread the information we have collected. We, as American citizens, should not simply watch five documentaries about the NWO, listen to our favorite anti-NWO music and then go to sleep each night, fine with the idea of simply living with the "secret" knowledge that the rest of our posterity does not possess. I am afraid that we, as a movement, expect everyone to follow the path that took us to the movement, and don't care if everyone else falls by the wayside; this is not an intelligent way to wake the rest of country up, and it won't work by lazily typing on forums, which, admit, almost all of us do.

I know what you're thinking; "Well look at this guy, lecturing us on something he's not doing himself." I won't lie, I haven't done much. I'm in High school, and I only speak on these topics when I get the chance; but, that is what caught my attention. I got a rare chance to (essentially) lecture on one of the less connected issues of the NWO: fluoridation. I'm not meaning to brag, but I'm a pretty good public speaker. I presented ideas that if they were presented in a normal conversation, would be laughed off or basically ignored.

Why mention this?

Because the people, these students, completely responded.

It occurred to me then and there that the issue was not whether they were "keeping us down" or stopping the movement; the US government (or any other organization) most definitely has zero power over that, regardless of what one likes to think.

No, the reason we were making such headway now, and how we could doubly, triply and exponentially increase our numbers and popularity was through the simplest of tactics; by being seen and getting into the country's face:

-Make flyers: This has been the staple of our movement from the very beginning, and really, all information regarding anything is most effectively spread via the paper, pamphlet, flyer, and printout. We should, collectively, on ATS, decide what the best selection of information regarding what we're doing and why we're doing it.
I would really appreciate any moderators to, at least, consider making something to this effect official, that would give us a solid base to work off of.

-Speak Up! The US was not founded on the idea of a quiet, passive populace, people. We shouldn't reflect that. Anyone in this movement should be loud like Alex Jones, clever like Mark Dice, and measured and thoughtful like Ron Paul. I know, that's asking a lot, but I'm tired of idiots in this movement. We need to stop stupid crap and stupid people who thoroughly discredit us as a whole. Goals? Denounce the traitor Glenn Beck, for one. 9/11 Truth is staple to our movement, if he doesn't like it, he can stick with the neo-cons. Really, the ultimate goal would be to denounce all agenda media outlets, which includes, but is not limited to; FOX News, CNN, and MSN. If you are lecturing, be sure to keep at least three examples of their two facetiousness in mind, so as to quell or stunt any sort of reactivation of ignorance amongst the group.

Another issue under this umbrella is the problem of right wingers half baking our ideas and leaving out key motives, reasoning and, most importantly, evidence. We should not allow such things to occur, and if you see such a thing occur, and say nothing, what does that make you?

Don't fool yourself into thinking you can't do anything. Break out a printer, print 20 of a good flyer, and post them on poles, give them to a gas station. Whatever.
Just get the message out.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but the main problem is the vast majority of the public is so duped by MSM they think you and I are nuts!

I'm not saying that can't be hurtled, just makes it more difficult.

There's a fine line between preaching and attempting to wake someone up.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I know, preaching is annoying, I completely understand...it's just, I'd rather have someone preach than no one say anything, this thread is to basically convince people to speak up and move forward with our efforts. We can't afford to stagnate.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've gathered my closest friends and played catalyst.
So far its about all I've found thats really effective.
Just prove to them they've been lied to and hope they pay it forward.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Exactly, but it's not enough to stop with your close friends, who will hear you out and think logically (hopefully.) We need to break out of that, into the more public arena, sorta like the tea parties, but without the partisanship.

It could simply start as a flyer campaign. Then, if you notice a shift in public perspective, or just notice more talk around you, you could hold a small get-together. It can expand from there. We just need a first step.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi!
I consider myself to be an "info-warrior" as I'm sure most of us on here do. I'm always thinking about how to wake people up and get people to be more aware of what is REALLY going on around us. The best and only way I can think of is talking and spreading the word. Most of my friends totally agree with me when I show them proof of what's really going on, but my parents and brother just wont budge...I, in my house am considered a crazy. Not that I ever let that bother me but it's annoying to have people who are blood related to me believe the official 911 report!

It's all about how you open the conversation up. I find when you throw subtle facts out there that leave people wanting more is the best way to approach what I like to call "intelligent conversation". Start with the obvious, like you said fluoride. That topic can keep me talking for days. And, actually at my job most of my co-workers are anti-fluoride, anti-vaccines and anti-GMO's.

We need to keep spreading the word, know your facts so you can give them to the world!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Great start(s).

It takes a certain type of person to do this in a careful way for it to come across well. I'm fortunate in that I don't care what people think. Yes, some think I'm a loon but they do have to question their beliefs a little bit as I'm fairly well grounded and I present simple evidence. Sound sure of yourself but not preachy. Listen to yourself and try not to sound too `loony'.

Get out there and spread some truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Its great to speak out and be passionate about ones ideals and hopes but the reality is that truth to us all is subjective and a matter of perspective.

Misery loves company and while much of the populace might be entirely disenchanted, miserable, increasing impoverished and fearful and angry the fact of the matter is they have a lot of company in these regards and the comfort through it that leads to complacency and the kind of false hopes and optimism that is the epitome of what leading a sheep like existence is all about.

When setting out to save the world, one must first have a world that wants or will at least consider being saved.

More importantly knowing what you are against, is not exactly the same nor as helpful as knowing precisely what you are for and having the logistical wherewithal and capability of bringing that about.

Anyone can look at their watch as the train pulls into the station friend and decry the fact that it is late. Yet very few people will have the overall aptitude of logistical and disciplined mind and then acumen to make the train run on time.

Ultimately the hardest part of what you are selling, the we you keep wanting to be a part of is the fact that people have to have a reasonably assured idea of what comes next after the being against something that despite its limitations and fallacies is sustaining to them results in that existing system going out of business, and there is a real, identifiable, logistically workable, well thought out, detailed and itemized way for life and the quality of life to be appreciably better.

Now here is the sad truth, most of the ‘awake’ crowd is more akin to being semi-awake. They have some elements of the vast array of shadow governments, secret societies, and power that be players that are working to control the world and to contrive to limit their quality of life and freedoms.

Few if any understand how many tentacles there are and how deeply they are entangled and interwoven through every permeable facet of life and existence.

So the reality is for them success would still leave a whole host of unknown players and agendas still on the field and chances are what ever success they did have at eliminating or curtailing some elements would only have ended up enabling some other elements to even achieve more power and control and become more deeply entwined.

Even still though, in the absence of a real alternative that goes beyond abstract ideas and ideals and notions and incorporates practical mechanics and logistics to create a better society at best you end up creating a void that some other assortment of well prepared despots steps into.
Saving the world won’t happen over night, evolution is a slow and laborious process, one that is requires those who would be teachers themselves to be not only continually learning as they teach, but open to learning the very things that ultimately they would have to know but truly don’t to not only change the existing order but create a better one.

I have been fighting the powers that be since I was 13 years old, and I am 46 now. Its not a struggle that is winnable in the way you likely envision, it is an ongoing battle, and I mean its always been a battle from time immemorial between the forces of light and love, and darkness and self serving.

You know a lot, but what you know is just the tip of the iceberg.

The real challenge the real battle is not to just help other people and the world to evolve to become a better place, but for you yourself to evolve and continually become better, wiser, more loving and compassionate as well.

The world, like life itself, like you, like me, like us all, is a work in progress!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ATS is here to deny ignorance, yes? Then why should we keep our information to ourselves? We even keep it hidden from each other sometimes.

While I do agree that the word should be spread, people "on the outside," so to speak, will not be receptive to the types of ideas that are on ATS. And, if they are, as so many of my companions are, it will become another reason to vouch for the world sucking that much more. I wonder, though, if we should look at the ATS community itself as a basis for how more people will react. Certainly, we have a broad range of opinions.

But I wonder - instead of random communities far and apart from each other being the ones to start this collective revolution, could it be possible to gather the ATS-community at large, off the internet? Not at one location - I don't live anywhere near any major cities, and I'm certain I'm in that boat with many a good member. Perhaps a good community rally, or a convention.

First, get ATS to talk to itself. Then, if we can agree that we want to see some kind of change (no matter what that change is, there just needs to be an agreement to want to make change), if we can spark those same fires in plenty of members, when they return to their communities they are far more likely to stir the mix and cause something akin to results to be found.

Just my thoughts. Heh...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thebluevalentine

I would suggest an ATS convention in a major city at a luxurious hotel. We can all wear name tags with our user names on them. You bring Thorazine and I'll bring restraints.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

First you should know is that not all of those coming to this forum are even American.

Then most that are Americans coming here don't vote or participate in the democratic process..

The most they do is come on to this site to belittle others and appear that they are something they are not.

Change the country? Most don't even change their underwear daily.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
the reality is that there are no enough proofs and there are no enough people with balls to do scientific studies about 911, about whats happening around the world, about what the US is doing in iraq and many other countries

the reality is that most of the things we see everyday is being controlled by the people that control the most important facts about this world, so, a lie may become true if you keep talking about it

the reality is that nobody knows whats happening around this NWO subject, you just cant take everything Alex Jones says and take as a way of life; you just dont know why is this NWO being implemented, neither how they are doing; maybe its something good, who knows

the reality is that most people in this world dont have an opportunity to use their brain, they are dumb and I dont think it will ever change

since the first religions, we were told to not use our brains, to believe what the "elite" was saying, and thats a big problem, because people just prefers not to use their brains and for centuries everyone is living their lives without using their brain, so, I really doubt it will change now; its not something you can change in one day, it will take time

well, what can we do? try to educate people you know, try to teach them that to question things is good, to research about everything, to not follow a specific religion in every ways, to try to find your own beliefs and that, no matter how u think you know something, it may not be true, so keep your mind open

but I agree that a lot of things happening around the world are kind of obvious that something is wrong, a lot of things: H1N1, 911, wars, iran being talked as an enemy, people that question things are crazy, religion as a way of life and if you dont follow one you are a freak

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Faiol]

top topics

join