It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JonX1

I definatly feel for you, losing your friend. In this timeline I had the opposite, a few friends are back whom had died. One who commited suicide is back, and one whom had overdosed.

The changes have happened to me a few times now. Yes a lot of differences in music and shows.

I LOVE this timeline though....

In the old timeline, all the turmoil was in my personal life, and on the inside.

But on this timeline, it feels like all the turmoil is made up BS roleplaying in distant lands that may all be just mostly made up media stuff or something.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OzWeatherman
And OP

Perhaps you would like to point out where New Zealand is on this antique world map, circa 1920 ish

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80a077e1c262.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, New Zealand is still where it is and always has been....need I show you a map of Pangea to show where continental drift broke New Zealand off from the east coast of Australia (where it fits perfectly into to I might add)?

My Readers digest world atlas of 1990 shows NewZealand in the same place, Tibet has vanished though, its now part of China, only Lhasa remains, the old capital of what was Tibet.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
yep, the land down under....is now about belt high.......

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah nah,

Its not changed, timelines would make zero difference, its called Tectonics. End of story.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Yeah nah,

Chur bro!

The "Yeah Nah" was enough to place you in a position to know what's up...

Wishing you and yours the best for the Festive...albeit weatherman says Dunners is gonna be overcast on the day...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Hi

Wow that's great that they're back to life, I hope that you've been able to take them out to lunch or dinner & tell them how much you appreciate having them as a friend. Maybe possibly tell them what happened if you're that close? I've been looking through my friends who have passed at their RIP pages. All but 2 are there, he's unconfirmed currently. I have search as I don't want to go around asking hey did such or such friend pass away here? Their RIP page pics are different. Not all of them, but some of them are like what the hell? Next month would have been Nick's birthday. Hard time of the year for me.

I think I was more at peace on the other timeline. But starting to get there again. The other timeline had this thing about it. It's hard to find the right word. I remember seeing a video a few week ago about a guy who does Star Wars immitations. In this timeline they changed the movie & the scene when Darth Vador told Luke that he was his father. The original on the home timeline was much better. Makes me miss that timeline.
edit on 22-12-2015 by JonX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

LOL thats funny, I'm going remember that one & use it one of these days when I'm talking about the home timeline. I'll be like yep in the home timeline the land down under was in it's proper spot. Now it's belt high.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alien

originally posted by: Noinden

Yeah nah,

Chur bro!

Weather is looking up for Christmas, and after Monday's heatwave, an overcast day will be a welcome respite.

I just hope it's fine over New Years, especially in Central Otago.

All the best for the Summer Solstice and a cool Yule!

Noinden is correct: Tectonics rules this crazy notion out.

I'll play though: what shape was New Zealand in the 'other' timeline?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

Well I do need to change my location to Wellington from Dunedin but yeah. Despite a ten year OE, I am in place to know the plane still takes the same time to fly back here

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Mate Yule is in June here

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Damn that timeline shift

I knew it wasn't correct, but I liked the rhyme, and it is appropriate for our northern hemisphere cousins.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah timeline shift aka the equator
After all Yule is the Germanic Pagan festival for midwinter. Just being a picky SoB. I could have ignored the misuse of the term for Christmas, and let it go. But this thread needs some sort of make over, before those timeline wankers come back.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yes, in this timeline they say "No I am your father", instead of "Luke, (pause) I am your father".... that one reallllly freaked me out...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Basically picture it being on the left of Australia, & in 1 piece in stead of 2. I remember it didn't really have that pointed piece at the top, that it was more smooth rounded with the direction facing moreso right instead of left (to face Australia from the left hand side).

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

That was so weird to watch it on that video on this timeline as being "No I am your father". Definately like it better as "Luke, (pause) I am your father". I have such real memories of this scene. I've lost count of how many times I've watched the movies.

I think that this timeline is roughly 70-80% parallel to the home timeline with all the differences.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think the problem is that the earth is round
And is difficult to display on a map

This issue is not new
There was talk of changing the map

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

No, the problem is people for whatever reason remember a 1980's Risk Map which had NZ out of place. It is a known phenomena, so its nothing to do with the shape of the planet (its an ellipsoid, not a sphere (which is what you mean by round). When people are wrong, then people are wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
75 pages of "What is wrong with you people". Nice.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I recently saw a youtube video of a scene in the Movie Dazed and Confused which showed a close up of a globe. In the clip you can see that New Zealand is no where to be found and on the left side of Australia you see a large land mass which is not there today.

Could the timeline have changed for everything else but the Movie? I personally remember New Zealand being one Island to the top right of Australia, but I'd like to know if anyone remembers it like in the video below?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LastStandingMan

Sorry mate, they have always been in their current places. If they weren't, a lot of things like wild life, climate and history would have been different -- and they are not, they are consistent with them being in those places for millions of years.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that you might just be bad at geography?

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join