It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If this is true then this may explain why most of America thinks everything has moved

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Is this thread for real???

Because I traveled to NZ last Nov 2010, ending in Jul 2012. I've encountered quite a few temporal anomalies there, not just deja vu but simultaneously seeing the present and the near future.

My trip to NZ literally turned my life upside down. I was a totally changed man coming from NZ not from the supernatural events but chains of mundane events that led from one thing to another until my profound discovery of the Truth or the lies in organized religion. It got me closer to God but far far away from organized religion.

It's like I was fated to be there to make the huge discovery (in my perspective at least). I initially intended to immigrate to NZ but later on, I realized, I was there for a different purpose.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ha, funny that this thread is back - I asked around when this first came up and every person I asked, including myself, believed NZ to be SE of Australia so guess we live in different reality than most in this thread (or maybe we had better grade school education?)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What a stupid thread this is.

Ignorance is indeed well ingrained into our modern psyche...and it seems to be well accepted too, by the young ones!
Being an ignoramus is NOT cool.

I give up...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

www.upworthy.com...

Maybe this has something to do with it??

Maybe the ones remembering the old way DID have a good memory after all??

And ones flipping out saying it never changed were the ones with poor memory??

Just reaching for straws here, straws for myself, lol.
edit on 19-1-2014 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2014 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

LastStandingMan
One of the shockiest ...

Well there's a new word..

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

I remember them being swapped on the map when i was a kid in the 80s.
It's always bothered me that my memory is of these two being swapped.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.
I wonder if there is a "bad batch" of maps that made it into all of our classrooms back then?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
haha gosh cant believe this thread is still alive, NZ has always been to the right of australia

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Wow I am a dummy, I posted the same video on the same PAGE without realizing it! lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

its all sweet, I just hope it gets attention and the education systems around the wold constantly get updated as science progresses and documents get discovered.

It seems some education departments use the Mercator while defense departments use the Peters Map

Mercator Projection World Map

Gall–Peters Projection Map

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 21/1/14 by Whateva69 because: map links

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I just started reading about this yesterday, I was shocked and surprised. I remember looking up NZ when the movie "The Piano" and it was NE, much closer and larger. Also Australia was in the middle of nowhere. I asked my husband where he thought Australia was and he said NE.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just discovered this thread and I find it extremely interesting since I also remember New Zealand and Australia swapping their current positions now. Although I haven't been to any of the said countries, I think I have a decent memory...though I admit it may be erroneous but it's just interesting to know a lot of people thinking the same thing.

Weird...

Awesome!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LastStandingMan

Oddly i agree there must be alot of people here from the wrong timeline where apparently geography was not taught in schools. But than again maybe will just blame it on bad schools who apparently didnt teach students well. After all we have Americans that cant tell you where another state is much less another country. I saw a report where they were asking locations of countries and Americans were the worst. It asked questions like where is Slovenia or Azerbaijan and well let us say it was quite sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

FFS this little mind worm .... People who remember New Zealand in that "other place on the map" must have seen a RISK map from the 1980s. The Risk map got it wrong, and people remember that. As a Kiwi, I know we area small nation (population wise) but we're fairly large islands, and we've not moved.

To reiterate. New Zealand (ignoring tectonic drift) is where it always has been and shall be (again ignoring a geological timescale).

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words Stacey. When I was younger I was upsessed with world geography. I knew my geography extremely well, and for me, New Zealand has always been North west of australia, and Australia was much more secluded, further south east. When I finally noticed te geography changes a few days ago it literally shook me to my core. I don't know how to explain what has happened. I've also noticed many changes to the current world that are incompatable with current reality, that apparently many others have noticed as well. The first thing I noticed was that the berenstein Bears are now called, and apparently have always been called, the berenstain bears. I just don't understand what has happened. I am afraid to bring these things up to my friends and family cause they will definitely think I'm crazy. Again, thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt. reply to: StaceyWilson

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LastStandingMan

There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side). Text

I remember new Zealand being where you say abouts, its like them actors you remember having died and then to find out they are still alive and well

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RectusNine

I have never seen it as Bern STAIN bears either.... Bernstein bears, well, really, now I have to look it up, bernSTAIN sounds flippin weird.....

Looked it up...... I feel sick again... that is not right, seriously something wrong here....

edit on 23-3-2015 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RectusNine

Did you ever play Risk? Because the 1980s map had New Zealand out of place (I will keep repeating this). I grew up here, I am a 4th generation New Zealander, beyond tectonic drift. Its not moved,

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow I can't believe this thread is from 2010! I was just looking at Google maps for something completely different, and I was shocked too at the way Australia and New Zealand looked. In fact that whole area. After careful thought, I think what someone mentioned above is true about the proportion of Africa. If Africa was as large as it should be maybe the map wouldn't look so congested.

I agree the Google Maps does look slightly weird, but nothing that would suggest a timeline change, dimensional slip. Maybe some form of propaganda, what that would accomplish by having Google maps be fractions smaller in proportions would mean...what? I don't know. Just wanted to be in agreement with a few others it did look odd to me too.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OzWeatherman

Mate this stupid meme of a conspiracy has been dated back to an old Risk map which DID have NZ out of place
It is amazing how peoples minds hold onto these things. LINKY LINK LINK

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join