It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I already beat ya to that video on page 5 ;p

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

See, thank you, that's exactly the point I was trying to get across, about how there's a right way to considerately share their opinions instead of picking on someone. This is odd cause even some of the posters doing this are people I never would have thought they'd poke fun or attack a person, perhaps another slight collapse.
Well I remember NZ to the SE but less land near Aussie, and that NZ was smaller if only slightly. In my recollection, there was also bombings in Ireland in the eighties that seemingly never happened in this timeline...still to this day not one of these experiencers has agreed with my recollection of that. So why are some of us remembering those differences and others were always in the origin timeline(the one I am in now)? What the heck is the reason do you think for that? Is it because in this timeline the conciousness remembers the reality that we originated? I mean that we must have a double in this timeline to even be here and that we merge with that double, why wouldn;t we just retain the origin double's memories??

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You just make this up as you go along?

No.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I'm laughing with ya. Don't worry. Stupid people are a Worldwide phenomena.
back at ya.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually, I'm Canadian. And my family was going to move to New Zealand when I was in my teens, so I looked into it quite a lot. We didn't end up doing so, but we had all the paper work.

And I didn't start to play risk until I was around nineteen.

But I'm not willing to put my skin in the game about this one. I have to admit that about 10 years ago it seemed to me that my remembrance of this area did not jive with what was there. And what I remember is that the islands coming down towards Australia were way fewer and the others were further North - more like beside the subcontinent.

And that New Zealand was a bit bigger and was more like mirrored to New Guinea.

I think you guys have to realize something - people who take this stuff seriously are not arguing with you that you are wrong. They totally are willing to grant that what you remember and what you can back up is true.

You are totally correct - New Zealand has always been exactly were it is right now. Always has been. You can prove it - and that is because you are absolutely correct.

No bones about it. New Zealand has always been there.

Interesting that several people seem to remember EXACTLY the same wrong thing isn't it? Without talking to each other. Without ever having met. Such an ODD thing too.

You are arguing the wrong thing with them. Any EVIDENCE of what people remember would obviously reflect the world as it is - not the World as it might have been.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Hehe yeah I just watched your vid, sorry mate lol, I thought mine was different

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

In fairness, I suppose we would not know if what you say is true. No way to prove or disprove it.

[edit on 2/13/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

You just make this up as you go along?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was gold

No that was not gold. This is the sort of post from you that leads many to doubt the worth of anything you have to say on this forum, and that is a real pity.

But for me it is enough to place you on Ignore from now on.

Cheers.

[edit on 13/2/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Correction: Rotuma isnt a country on its own. Its part of Fiji as a whole. Which means you'd, in fact have to relocate Fiji as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Link about maps.

Perhaps this is about confusing the different type of map projections?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Actually, I'm Canadian. And my family was going to move to New Zealand when I was in my teens, so I looked into it quite a lot. We didn't end up doing so, but we had all the paper work.

And I didn't start to play risk until I was around nineteen.

But I'm not willing to put my skin in the game about this one. I have to admit that about 10 years ago it seemed to me that my remembrance of this area did not jive with what was there. And what I remember is that the islands coming down towards Australia were way fewer and the others were further North - more like beside the subcontinent.

And that New Zealand was a bit bigger and was more like mirrored to New Guinea.

I think you guys have to realize something - people who take this stuff seriously are not arguing with you that you are wrong. They totally are willing to grant that what you remember and what you can back up is true.

You are totally correct - New Zealand has always been exactly were it is right now. Always has been. You can prove it - and that is because you are absolutely correct.

No bones about it. New Zealand has always been there.

Interesting that several people seem to remember EXACTLY the same wrong thing isn't it? Without talking to each other. Without ever having met. Such an ODD thing too.

You are arguing the wrong thing with them. Any EVIDENCE of what people remember would obviously reflect the world as it is - not the World as it might have been.

If there was ANY credence to this "belief" of geographical change as being expressed by certain members, one would have to assume that this "belief" should also be shared by a wide range of individuals from many, many nations around the world.
This being so, that would also have to include a statistically similar number of reports coming from Oz and NZ ... but so far we're seeing zip from these 2 locations ... now why do you think this is so ?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hi, I signed up to Ats, just for this thread. I live in New Zealand, was born and raised her, have never left the contry. and around a year ago I had a debate/argument with my Aunty (who lives in Aussie). I swore and declared that NZ was to the west of aussie. Right now i can not think of why i thought that at the time, it seems perfectly clear to me right now that Nz is to the east, and I cant remember it being any other way. but during that debate i was adament, i really was, I was shoked to discover I was wrong.
I also remember Nz and aussie being further away from any other landmass. Nz and aussie are close in our relations, and I thought one of the reasons for this was we were the closest contry to each other. but i now see that aussie is closer to those contries up north of it than it is from NZ. I dont understand that, im sure NZ and aussie were isolated from everyone by water.

Kiwi

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The whole 'alternate timelines' theory is a lot like the 'Arthur C. Clarke' phenomenon of a couple of years ago...where some heard the writer had just died and others had sworn he had been dead for years. Anyone else remember that?

I find these misconceptions---or out-of-place memories---pretty interesting.

On topic, the world map seems as it always has to me, although thats really not the point of the thread IMO. The point being, some people apparently truly remember perceiving things differently than reality reflects.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/333f5e47550f.png[/atsimg]

Abel Tasman's map of exploration of Australia and New Zealand, 1724.

[edit on 13/2/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There isn't a wide discussion on this phenomena.

The two areas you are talking about are probably the two countries with the most people on the web. Their countries people are very connected. Canada's population is the most internet connected, and computer using populace on the planet. I think that I saw a figure that even had more than half of our old people web-connected with personal computers.

And high standards of education that allow intercourse in writing as a primary communication tool. And the money with which to use that.

Not EVERYONE will have experienced this either. Therefore there would only be a few people noting it. Of the people who do, most of those people would NEVER put themselves out to be ridiculed about it and would just drop it. Life is what it is. Of the others some would just convince themselves they'd always been wrong somehow and drop it so as not to call attention to themselves.

Only a very small minority of the population would ever dare to be so far out there, so out of the norm, so willing to be non-conformist, AND live in an area with ubiquitous internet access, resources, literacy, to discuss it. Even knowing that actually crazy people will glom onto it.

Frankly, I'm surprised to find any people at all who'd be willing to admit or discuss it.

[edit on 2010/2/13 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

In my recollection, there was also bombings in Ireland in the eighties that seemingly never happened in this timeline...still to this day not one of these experiencers has agreed with my recollection of that. So why are some of us remembering those differences and others were always in the origin timeline(the one I am in now)? What the heck is the reason do you think for that? Is it because in this timeline the conciousness remembers the reality that we originated?

My hypothesis is that a stable timeline is arising with the most stable energy systems that form our consciousnesses aggregating with the most stable time line. I do not have enough information to know if there is a who behind this or if this is some sort of universal natural healing process when Time figuratively has a nervous breakdown.

My thought again is that the most stable forms in the time confusion are coalescing together and that means some will have our experiences or some or none. The good news is that we are here, and we can continue to work together to puzzle it out with a floating hypothesis that we can test and alter as time rolls on.

P.S. I recall bombings in Ireland in the 80's no one else remembers at all. I for one am glad that they did not happen in this timeline or there would never have been a Good Friday Accord in Ireland.

[edit on 13/2/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Explanation: I fully agree with you.

My previous post went exactly to that issue and how to possibly resolve it.

If...it is just individuals that are being "dimensionaly displaced" then we can only rely on their word for it and thats just not going to cut it on ATS unfortunately...RE:
HOAX bin this thread...or maybe skunkworks?
I'd also be investigating if a forum gang organized this.

But if it as I hypothesized i.e. WHOLE locations that are "dimensionaly displaced", then there is a better than 50/50 chance that pre-internet era non-fiction books [pre 1990's] may be able to be video'ed and the evidence put online for all to see.

Such evidence would seriously bolster this threads OP claim and also the claims of other members who have voiced likewise.

Personal Disclosure: Is there any HARD evidence for this ...or is it all just CONJECTURE?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
The whole 'alternate timelines' theory is a lot like the 'Arthur C. Clarke' phenomenon of a couple of years ago...where some heard the writer had just died and others had sworn he had been dead for years. Anyone else remember that?

I find these misconceptions---or out-of-place memories---pretty interesting.

On topic, the world map seems as it always has to me, although thats really not the point of the thread IMO. The point being, some people apparently truly remember perceiving things differently than reality reflects.

Exactly the point of this thread, but even though there's a similar one some 17 thousand posts to it, people are calling to close this one as a hoax? Number one, nobody is saying that it couldn't be human error, but it's quite phenominal in that there are many with the very same displaced memories, for lack of a better term, that's what I'll refer to them as.

There are also some not shared by others. There's even a web site and a book by Cindy Sue Larson... there are many people all over the world experiencing this phenomena.

Ok, the thread is actually only 1442 posts, but you all scoffing here take a look:
something has changed, timeline?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Aeons

If...it is just individuals that are being "dimensionaly displaced" then we can only rely on their word for it and thats just not going to cut it on ATS unfortunately...RE:
HOAX bin this thread...or maybe skunkworks?
I'd also be investigating if a forum gang organized this.

But if it as I hypothesized i.e. WHOLE locations that are "dimensionaly displaced", then there is a better than 50/50 chance that pre-internet era non-fiction books [pre 1990's] may be able to be video'ed and the evidence put online for all to see.

Such evidence would seriously bolster this threads OP claim and also the claims of other members who have voiced likewise.

I think it is not a question of material artifacts but rather the bothersome question of consciousness.

I have not personally found a material artifact though there may be some. The kind of artifact I have -- which some others have -- are photo albums of holidays when one has never been on holiday in the location shown in the photographs. Were it an isolated case an individual would rightly contact mental health professionals. But what we have is "testimony", "deposition", or the potential for both, and in the past in some courts of law multiple attestation could be entered as evidence. I suspect the same obtains today as well in some nations.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join