It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
haven't seen timeline change for misplacement of location to any maps of australia and new zealand in my lifetime, though only lately have been noticing how pronounced the great barrier reef has been made out to be and included as geographical area in part to australia and it's continent on some of these..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Whoa that's a lot of pages...

I seem to remember a lot of volcanic activity in the late 80 in the sea to the South / East of Australia. I didn't follow it up but apparently a land mass formed. Cruel terrible place. Don't pay it any mind, I say.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I stated in a previous comment that I think there's a more logical explanation than timeline shifts, like inattention blindness, for instance, and confirmation bias:

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency for people to favor information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses regardless of whether the information is true. As a result, people gather evidence and recall information from memory selectively, and interpret it in a biased way. [...] Confirmation biases contribute to overconfidence in personal beliefs and can maintain or strengthen beliefs in the face of contrary evidence.

I'm not suggesting it's one or the other, just pointing out that there are other possibilities that shouldn't be discounted. I have another equally unconventional and equally unprovable theory that could validate these memories as more than cognitive hiccups, the gist being that we're the ones who experienced a shift rather than reality itself changing, but that's fodder for another post. (Yet another theory - wouldn't it be wild if it turned out that we'd seen blueprints of the planet when we were still in spirit form, and maybe the world we wound up in was a little different from the one we commissioned, but the memory of the original persists?) To be honest, whenever this thread pops up I just wish it would go away. I don't know why it makes me so uncomfortable. I'm generally as intrigued by the idea of our world being a matrix as the next person...

That said, a couple weeks ago my flatmate was teasing me about reading this thread again. I pointed out that I didn't subscribe to the timeline shift theory, but admitted that Australia's location definitely looked different from the way I remembered. (As mentioned before, my relationship with Australia and New Zealand goes back to early childhood, as does my familiarity with maps, atlases and globes.) I pulled up a world map to demonstrate my point and before I could get a word in to explain what looked different to me, he said something like, "Wait, Australia isn't supposed to be that close to other land masses." Naturally my response was, "Exactly!"

However, when I pointed out that South America is way further east than I ever remembered (Brazil, for instance, was always to our far left and now it's below and to our right) he just laughed and patted my head, then said: "It's always been this way." Oh well. To all you believers - I feel your collective pain.

By the way, this is a 'shopped pic of how South America has always appeared in my memory:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28a72313c4ee.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is clearly a reality shift. Everyone experiences them. Most of the time people simply blow it off as a screwed memory or whatnot. But if you begin to take note of them, you will notice that theu happen ALL the time. Michael Jackson died twice for me. Anyone remember somebody named Alan Zimblicky (or something like that) shooting him? Huge Funeral, etc? The pic of his kid that everyone compared to JFK jr.? Totally memorable. No way it was a dream or something, it was in the news for weeks, like Lady Diana's.

When I heard he was still alive, I went and saw a doctor. He eventually said there's nothing wrong with me. The point is that these shifts happen all the time, and they are a normal part of nature. I think our ancestors were in tune with this. After you begin to take serious note of them they won't bother you so much.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daisyglaze

Yes I've noticed this too. Actually it seems that the whole southern hemisphere has shifted east to me. Cuba and the surrounding islands look shifted north as well, I don't recall them being so close to Florida. And I must admit I'm one of those who remember Austrailia and New Zealand differently.

I did some research on the Maori people some years ago (around 2008) and read that they were known to be very good at travelling the seas. The information I read stated that they could "read" the waves and tell if there was land even if it wasn't visible and that's how they first travelled to Austrailia. When I looked at a map then I thought yes they wouldn't be able to see Austrailia from Indonesia because it's so far away, but not on the maps now.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jest3r
Maori people some years ago (around 2008) and read that they were known to be very good at travelling the seas. The information I read stated that they could "read" the waves and tell if there was land even if it wasn't visible and that's how they first travelled to Austrailia. When I looked at a map then I thought yes they wouldn't be able to see Austrailia from Indonesia because it's so far away, but not on the maps now.

Here we have confirmation that the problem is just the yanks ignorance of the rest of the world. WTF do the maori's (from New Zealand) have to do with Indonesia?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The UN voted twice on the no fly zone and it was approved. The first time was right about the 11th, about the time the Japanese earthquake struck.

At least in my timeline.

So I was quite surprised when I read about it happening more than a week later. I was like "They did that a while back."

Weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
This is clearly a reality shift. Everyone experiences them. Most of the time people simply blow it off as a screwed memory or whatnot. But if you begin to take note of them, you will notice that theu happen ALL the time. Michael Jackson died twice for me. Anyone remember somebody named Alan Zimblicky (or something like that) shooting him? Huge Funeral, etc? The pic of his kid that everyone compared to JFK jr.? Totally memorable. No way it was a dream or something, it was in the news for weeks, like Lady Diana's.

When I heard he was still alive, I went and saw a doctor. He eventually said there's nothing wrong with me. The point is that these shifts happen all the time, and they are a normal part of nature. I think our ancestors were in tune with this. After you begin to take serious note of them they won't bother you so much.

Interesting. I remember Michael Schumacher dying in a car crash in the 90s (not confusing him with Ayrton Senna either - I was a big F1 follower), yet I know it's impossible because I saw him in Monaco enough times afterward that I had to 'accept' that it must've been a memory glitch. Yet it was so convincing. It wasn't even that I thought he was dead and saw him later on and realized my mistake. I'd been seeing him all along, yet the memory of his prior death was freakishly strong, like I'd suddenly slipped into the twilight zone.

The worse for me was last year while reading similar threads on other sites and trying to mentally discount them; someone mentioned thinking that Jack Klugman (from "Quincy") was dead, and I thought, "Ok, that one's easy - I KNOW he's dead." I looked him up and I'm still puzzled. I distinctly remember seeing it on the news, and because I'd been such a big fan of "You Again" where he played daddy to John Stamos I wondered out loud what it's like for a young actor to lose a tv-parent. It made me sad for some time - I'd really liked the character he played and used to tape the show whenever it was on. This 'glitch' also occurred in the 1990s. I never thought about it again until I saw the thread. Freaky for sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The worse for me was last year while reading similar threads on other sites and trying to mentally discount them; someone mentioned thinking that Jack Klugman (from "Quincy") was dead, and I thought, "Ok, that one's easy - I KNOW he's dead." I looked him up and I'm still puzzled.

Whoah! It just happened again! He died of cancer. He most definitely died of cancer. Jack Klugman most definitely died of cancer, it was all over the news. He was nominated posthumously for an Emmy. Now he's alive again.

(calms self)

Like I said, these reality shifts are a part of nature, and I believe our ancestors were really in tune with this sort of thing. I see minor ones all the time, and once a year I notice what seems like a major one, such as a celebrity death, geology change, or political change.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woghd

When I read your post about Jack Klugman I thought that he died back in the 90's. There was a piece on the news and they showed his picture. Just looked him up and he was making films up to 2005 and is still alive.

Whats going on!!

Gary Coleman died in the 90's too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Obviously the big shifts affect your sanity more than the little ones. A missing sock that returns is almost an ongoing joke, but a celebrity death, election result, or major disaster that plays the here-again-gone-again game is much more unsettling. I believe that "What is going on" is the same thing that has gone on forever, and I think that the more you try to see it as a natural process, the more you can be in tune with it. There are reality shifts. Sometimes, especially the small ones, are known only to you. But the larger ones seem to be shared more often by multiple people. I don't know how it works. Look at all the people who misplaced New Zealand. For me, new Zealand is right where it should be. But I have spoken with others who remember the HUGE MJ funeral just like I do, and now the Jack Klugman thing. How can multiple people who have never met, all share the same memory detail for detail?

Because it happened.

Somewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
How can multiple people who have never met, all share the same memory detail for detail?

Because it happened.

Somewhere.

Very well put. I'm surprised (maybe not all that surprised, given the circumstances) that the Jack Klugman reference is not so isolated. I tried to tell myself over and over again that I'd made a mistake, but hearing others say the same, no way can I be skeptical anymore.

As for New Zealand, I honestly can't recall ever picturing it elsewhere on the map, BUT in recent years, before I found these threads, I was constantly baffled each time I looked it up. I always got a slight mental jolt and a sense of it not looking 'right', like it had somehow changed location, but try as I might I still can't picture it anywhere else. So... what does it all mean? Who tore a hole in the fabric of space/time? And what's next on the (ever-shifting) horizon? I can hardly wait to see...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Are you sure you are not confusing Jack Klugman's death with that of Tony Randall (his co-star on "The Odd Couple") or that of his ex-wife Brett Sommers? When both of those people died, Jack's name and picture popped up in the news along with the actual deceased actors because of his famous association with them. Is it possible that is how Jack got associated in your mind with news of a passing? Jack has also publicly and famously battled cancer and sometimes the media sensationalized his health problems in that vulture way they have of counting down to a person's demise while that poor person is still fighting to regain their health. Anyway with Jack, at least, I can think of very mundane plausible reasons one would mistakenly recall him as deceased.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Are you sure you are not confusing Jack Klugman's death with that of Tony Randall (his co-star on "The Odd Couple") or that of his ex-wife Brett Sommers? When both of those people died, Jack's name and picture popped up in the news along with the actual deceased actors because of his famous association with them. Is it possible that is how Jack got associated in your mind with news of a passing? Jack has also publicly and famously battled cancer and sometimes the media sensationalized his health problems in that vulture way they have of counting down to a person's demise while that poor person is still fighting to regain their health. Anyway with Jack, at least, I can think of very mundane plausible reasons one would mistakenly recall him as deceased.

I considered other possibilities - see my previous posts on the subject. It wasn't just a passing interest I had in Jack Klugman - I was an actual fan, not so much in the 'Quincy' days but since my mom was, I was familiar, then when he co-starred with John Stamos in the late 80s in "You Again" I got on board. I watched taped re-runs of the show well into the late 90s, long after I thought he'd passed. He was one of my faves and it genuinely saddened me, and last year was the first I heard he was alive. Think of it in a modern context, but without the media coverage afforded by the Internet. Say you hear someone with Bruce Willis' level of fame dies, then over a decade later you realize he's been alive all along and everybody but you knew it. You start to feel like you're in the twilight zone. That's how it's been for me - in terms of familiarity Jack Klugman was the equivalent of Bruce Willis. That's why it's hard to imagine confusing him with Tony Randall, for instance, or not realizing pretty early on that the news report I remember was spurious. I've played both sides of the reality shift debate - skeptic and believer - and I'm none the wiser. I'm just gonna stop thinking about it now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I don't know if you understand the magnitude of these memories. They can span months or years of an ongoing chain of events, and then one day, it's like none of it ever happened. Yes Jack Klugman died. A lot of us were like, wow, he was down to one vocal cord, etc. a very sad story. I watched the awards show weeks later JUST to see him get the nomination. There is a speech. The next day I talk about it with people at work, etc.

Years pass.

Now I find out it never happened. It threw me for a loop and I consider myself to be fairly used to these things. The impact is even more-so, when an event like this introduces you to this phenomena. It is not dejavu. It is not a memory hiccup. It is the rewriting of your personal history, and trust me, it us unsettling even if you are used to it. Fortunately, for the larger shifts, you can usually find at least one person who shifted with you, and shares the same memory that you do, so you know you aren't going insane.

edit on 26-3-2011 by woghd because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh trust me, I understand, and this reply is also for woghd. I do understand as I have the same issue with Nelson Mandela and Kevin McCarthy from the Invasion of the Body Snatchers movie. I know this sort of thing happens. I'm just trying to put out some possiblities impacting Jack Klugman specifically since I am also a fan and recall how much his name was back on the front burner when Brett and Tony died. The weird thing though, for me as a fan, I don't have ANY recollection of Jack doing a show with John Stamos, another actor I like and had a bit of a crush on in my younger days. It must have been on the air when I was working long hours and lost track of tv for awhile. I was a tv junkie though most of college but once I got into the workforce that pretty much ended.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Thanks for clearing that up. I had assumed that you had never experienced a reality shift. Apparently a lot of people go their whole lives without experiencing one, although I very strongly suspect that they are simply playing mental games with themselves to explain away inconsistencies when they encounter them,
edit on 26-3-2011 by woghd because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I actually had this happen to me as well.... its beyond insane how much the map moves and change.... its still going on... the falkland islands and greenland still keep moving

I made my own thread as well Changes I've noticed to the World Map

1)Antartica just got huge beyond belief
2)The pacific ocean shrank
3) the Aluetian Island of the Coast of Alaska are no longer leading to the tip of Russia
4)Australia Moved up
4)New Zealand Flipped around and was NE of Australia
5) The Bahama Island have been displaced, Florida did not have these islands of their East Coast
6) North Atlantic and South Atlantic Oceans got smaller, North and South America are now Closer to Africa and Europe.
7) South America looks like a wave pushed it
8) the Falkland Island moved down from where they were or South America moved up.
9) Puerto Rico moved.
10) England moved closer to France and shifted.
11) Greenland is way to close to Canada, it was never that close.
12) The Pacific Ocean Island looked squished as does Indoneasia and New Guinea
13) Africa moved up and the Meditteranian got smaller
14) Sweden and Norway looked as if they shifted down
15) Denmark was never that close to Sweden and Norway
16) A chain of Islands that were never by Antartica and South America, looked like water bashed right through.
17) Cant confirm this one but wasn't Sri Lanka on the other side (Anyone varify)
18) Long Island is now really close to New York
19) Japan is smaller and not as streched out.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

This should be moved to the hoax bin, the op is ridiculous, he completely made up false facts and has not got a clue, it sounds like he has never seen a real map before. I'm from Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand are exactly where they used to be. The Papua New Ginean's used to sail here in canoes its so close. Australia is also exactly where it was always, give or take a few centimetres for continental drift.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

Don't make up stuff its ridiculous, if you remember New Zealand somewhere else your imagining an imaginary map.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join