It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Winnuting

NZ isn't even on those maps. The land north of Australia is Papua New Guinea. Which is pretty much in the right spot.

Nope

NZ is in the place of the Indonisia. Iknow because i playesd that game too much.

The continents are showed in colors. Oceania was represented by the red color. NZ, NG, Autralia and Borneo.

If i find a image in better resolution i show you.

Not saying that the world map is wrong, but in that map it is.
edit on 13-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So you played a game made by complete retards... Good job, buddy!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Well, what i supposed to do?

Blame then not me.

Good job, buddy!

AND

edit on 13-11-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As some one who remembers New Zealand being north of Australia I think it is time that we start discussing why these time shifts are occuring. Are they just a recent phenomena or is it the fact that because people can now read about other people experiencing the same thing on the internet they are not more likely to come forward and say that 'yes it happened to me'.

Anyone who keeps on about faulty memories and maps please just go and discuss that on another thread as it has already been done to death and that is not what people are recounting. They are recounting a time shift or a multi dimensional shift. Its hard to give it a name as it seems to be a new phenomena and obviously something that science has not investigated fully.

It would be nice though to know if anyone has any theories as to why this has happened and if there is anyway of proving it to yourself, never mind proving it to other people. Also is it a one in a life time change or do some people have multiple shifts, that they may or may not be aware of as they may be small incremental changes.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Awkward.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
to the op

coc aine is a hell of a drug.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Glad to see this thread is still alive, for I am one that KNOWS that the maps are off. Look, I am college educated in the sciences (biology), I search for proof, but, how do you prove something like a temporaral shift?

I am going to relate what happened a few days ago, I posted this on another thread but it really relates to this one, more or less.

This past week my boyfriend was telling me about a story he heard on a radio show that he thought was incredible, while we were talking in our living room after a long day at work/school. I looked at him and said, "you told me this story months ago, word for word, right here in the living room". He looked at me like I was insane, vehemently arguing he just heard this story that evening on his way home from work. I KNOW he told me this story months ago because I remembered it in detail. After trying to jog his memory about the previous conversation, I gave up. He has a great memory, so it was pointless.

I know I experienced this event months ago, and then it was repeated again. I don't know what this means or how to explain it, and I don't care if anyone that is a skeptic calls me a crazy liar. I don't do drugs, a beer lasts about 2 hours around me, I eat a healthy diet, exercise daily, blah blah blah... I take care of myself and have excellent coginitive functions (I have a 4.0 gpa in college). It happened. And the maps are different. There is so much weird phenomenon occuring on this planet, it's unsettling. I think we all need to learn/study up more on metaphysics and quantum physics, to try to reach an explanation for all of this.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I almost think there may be something to this. I remember when I was younger I traveled from the UK to Florida and was amazed how big the US was. Florida alone was the size of the UK, I remember taking the atlas that I had and comparing the 2, taking my rulers and measureing the sizes.

Now however the UK is alot bigger than Florida. I also remember being taught that Texas was the biggest US state, however looking at the map now Alaska is and it seems to be horribly big

However as pointed out by other I think some of this is atleast explainable due to different map projection types. For example if you use the Gall–Peters projection then Alaska is a lot smaller, I would think that some of this would be our memory playing up and combing several different map projection types in our mind over the years.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan
Hi all,

One of the shockiest timeline changes I have noticed is the changed location of New Zealand and Australia on the map. They have dramatically changed their places and we are now talking about paranormal/supernatural events as it looks like those land masses have almost "jumped" to other location.

There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side).

But if you go and check the current location of NZ and Australia with your Google Earth you may start to see something really weird. NZ seems to be jumped on the other side, to the south-east of Australia. On the other hand, Australia seems to be shifted a lot to the north, very close to Papua New Guinea so it almost touches it. Where is the Australia which was far away from other land masses? Something seems to be also wrong with the form of Australia. When did the Australia get that spike that is pointing to the Papua New Guinea.

In this thread we could gather all your memories of NZ and Australia, especially if you have memories of NZ located to the NW of Australia. If there are New Zealanders on ATS it would be very interesting to hear their take on this subject. Then we could think about when was the last time you remember seeing Australia in the middle of blue or NZ to the NW of Australia on the map. Mine was 2005 when I was exploring the map of NZ with Google Earth and I think the change must been happend somewhere between 2005-2009.

I have just joined ATS, and I have lived in New Zealand all my life (decades) and am still here, and I can assure you that I have no memories of New Zealand ever having been anywhere but where it is right now! (As you describe it.) I have no idea what 'north west' is (I have visual spatial issues) but I have to ask - Americans are known in other countries for not being very aware of other countries... Could it be you're remembering wrong?

Vicky

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA have you ever looked at a map before??? i live in new zealand and its always been to the SE of australia

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I studied Travel and Tourism at college so was regularly looking at maps and learning about different countries, i do have to disagree about New Zealand moving as i have always remembered it being in the same place but Australia does seem to me like it has "moved" i never noticed it until i just checked but i agree i always remember it being surrounded but water and not near other land but now it seems very close to New Guinea, maybe strange or maybe i just wasn't paying attention in class

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Does anybody remember Chris Farley being in dumber and dumber? For some reason I have the imaage of him with his tongue stuck to a pole.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

I heard since the CHCH earthquake, NZ moved closer to Australia by 10 inches.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is pretty freaky, first reading the post thought OP was crazy..

But having looked at the map of this thread, although I never remember NZ being NW of AU, I do notice some odd things about the map to me. I always thought NZ was NE of AU and closer, and agree with OP that AU/NZ was surrounded by more water. Looking at map now, its almost a short boat ride from AU to New Guinea and Indonesia???? WTF? When did this happen? Going from New Guinea to AU is a shorter trip then from NYC to Philadelphia now??? This is shocking to me.

Something of a WWII history buff here, so familiar with this area (Japanese invaded New Guinea with eventual plans to possibly invade AU, conquered Solomon islands to disrupt US/AU supply routes, etc.). Or at least I thought I was familiar!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

NZ is in the place of the Indonisia. Iknow because i playesd that game too much.

Repetition: It's not on that map, not in the images you linked....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here are some interesting "memory imprints" I found from the Internet. Bad memory, sucking at geography, or people from different timelines? You decide

"Hi I am from New Zealand, below and to the left of Australia down in the cold southern hemisphere as we drift into winter." (May 29th, 2008)
www.therantpage.com...

"I live in new Zealand - - and I can't belive some people haven't heard of n.z - - look on the world map were down to the left of Australia." (June 18th, 2010)
nz.answers.yahoo.com...

"I come from the land down under - - New Zealand is a country to the southwest of Australia consisting of two islands. I'm going there in September." (April 25th, 2006)
www.serebiiforums.com...

"Is New Zealand to the left of Australia?"
"Been a long time for me."
"Yes, very much to the left as I understand it." (May 20th, 2005)
www.freedominion.ca...
www.freedominion.ca...

"This has been an interesting discussion to one from outside the US. The experience in New Zealand (just down to the left of Australia)..." (September 18th, 2009)
www.blueavocado.org...

"New Zealand, a country I've always thought of as being "to the left" of Australia." (May 17th, 2004)
www.fortwaynereader.com...

“New Zealand lies in the SouthWest Pacific Ocean 1,600 km to the west of Australia.” (2001)
www.actahort.org...

"Oh and New Zealand is to the west of Australia and has a population of 4,000,000" (December 17th, 2008)
filmdrunk.uproxx.com...

"Captain Cook literally put New Zealand on the map. The two islands, about 1,000 miles long, divided by a narrow strait, lying some 1300 miles to the west of Australia."
Wherever Green is Worn: The Story of the Irish Diaspora (page 489, 2001)
books.google.fi...

I know that many don't buy the timeline explanation for NZ and OZ because they can't explain it with the current science but the more I have read testimonies of secret government projects the more I have begun to see the mess they have created in their black projects.

Project Montauk created over 200 separate timelines and these timelines stress reality today causing all kinds of earth changes.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I had a look at a few of the links and to be honest I think you have misinterpreted them. The forum that you quoted, with the question "is New zeland to the left of Australia" which is probably a geographical question, but the answer "very much so" is actually in a politcial sense, and if you read the thread you can see the people are discussing their reasons based on government policy etc for moving to different countries and whether they would move there or not.

Another one of the links, where you've quoted "oh and new zealand is to the west of Australia" is clearly a misunderstanding on the poster's part, as they then leave a wikipedia link that clearly states it is to the south east of Australia, but starts off by saying that New zeland is in the south western pacific ocean, so I really do think the person just made a mistake.

I'm sorry but so many posters have given genuine environmental factors such as climate etc as to why it is not possible that the same new zealand existed in a different location in a different timeline, as well as the improbability that an individual could experience both timelines in a cognitive way.

As such I still believe that it is most likely a misunderstanding, people skim over information all of the time, with the result that mistakes can be made and incorrect assumptions formed, and when there is no real reason to correct those mistakes, i.e. something you've posted on a forum, that misunderstanding can remain until there is a reason to challenge it i.e this thread.

Most people when challenged about an incorrect assumption like the location of a country will normally think "oh right, not sure why I thought that", and of course there could be many reasons, not listening properly, skimming over a wiki article etc but as soon as they see the correct information they accept that for whatever reason, they were mistaken, as it is a massive leap to assume that you have existed in a different timeline where the location of the country was different, yet everything else remaind the same!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

I had a look at a few of the links and to be honest I think you have misinterpreted them. The forum that you quoted, with the question "is New zeland to the left of Australia" which is probably a geographical question, but the answer "very much so" is actually in a politcial sense, and if you read the thread you can see the people are discussing their reasons based on government policy etc for moving to different countries and whether they would move there or not.

Thanks for the correction, that's was a tricky one as English is not my native language, but good to know that NZ can be to the left of Australia at least in a political sense.

Yes it's a massive leap to believe in timelines but when you yourself have seen changes kind of which you couldn't have ever believed to see it's not such a massive leap anymore. I don't expect anybody to believe anything more than bad memory or personal mistakes. It's a way too long journey to understand how reality works and convince other people that something really happend. Personally nowadays I try not to think too much about timelines or my disturbing memories because of course you've got to live your normal life and it's not actually very funny to talk about "crazy things" all the time.

Have a nice day to all of you

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Another one of the links, where you've quoted "oh and new zealand is to the west of Australia" is clearly a misunderstanding on the poster's part, as they then leave a wikipedia link that clearly states it is to the south east of Australia, but starts off by saying that New zeland is in the south western pacific ocean, so I really do think the person just made a mistake.

I'm sorry but so many posters have given genuine environmental factors such as climate etc as to why it is not possible that the same new zealand existed in a different location in a different timeline, as well as the improbability that an individual could experience both timelines in a cognitive way.

As such I still believe that it is most likely a misunderstanding, people skim over information all of the time, with the result that mistakes can be made and incorrect assumptions formed, and when there is no real reason to correct those mistakes, i.e. something you've posted on a forum, that misunderstanding can remain until there is a reason to challenge it i.e this thread.

Most people when challenged about an incorrect assumption like the location of a country will normally think "oh right, not sure why I thought that", and of course there could be many reasons, not listening properly, skimming over a wiki article etc but as soon as they see the correct information they accept that for whatever reason, they were mistaken, as it is a massive leap to assume that you have existed in a different timeline where the location of the country was different, yet everything else remaind the same!

Sorry but you have to be kidding yourself.

His links provided clear and concrete evidence of more people realizing something strange is going on. how can you possibly call

"new zealand, to the west of australia"

as a political inference?

I just dont see it , in any way, shape, or form. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Sorry but you have to be kidding yourself.

His links provided clear and concrete evidence of more people realizing something strange is going on. how can you possibly call

"new zealand, to the west of australia"

as a political inference?

I just dont see it , in any way, shape, or form. So

So you didn't read the links then? Obviously not, because that was not what was said...

And demonseed, you have still to provide me the links I asked for on the other thread...and don't say these will do, because if they are not misunderstandings as I've pointed out, then they have been posted by teenagers on an anime forum...

edit on 11-2-2011 by destination now because: to ask question

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join