It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by AdAstra

And you guys won't hear anything about the multiverse theory

Hypocrisy runs rampant on these boards, man.

I've been hearing about the "many worlds" theory from well before I even joined this site, from people who have studied Everett's original thesis, and from the likes of Michio Kaku.

Which is why I know how incogruent this "theory" really is.
It's all a matter of perception, map projections and, yes, faulty memory. It has been explained several times earlier in the thread, but like I said, those who do not want to hear are and will remain stone-deaf.
I am not referring to anyone in particular, it is a general observation.
And I think it is this, most of all, what irritates people.
Had some of these people more receptive to the other possibilities listed, instead of flatly ignoring them, a different discussion might have ensued.

(I'll skip the hypocrisy part as I honestly do not feel it applies, or could apply, to me.
Not that there is anything wrong with it!
)

edit on 10-10-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
I've been hearing about the "many worlds" theory from well before I even joined this site

Ah, then why feign ignorance? (I know why, to make "us believers" look stupid when we can't properly explain what is going on. Really? That is below the belt for sure.)

From that small source you gave me? A blog! That is peer reviewed work for sure!

It's all a matter of perception, map projections and, yes, faulty memory. It has been explained several times

Please, explain how MY memory is faulty. You seem to be a memory expert or something.

It has been explained several times earlier in the thread, but like I said, those who do not want to hear are and will remain stone-deaf.

Oh, too lazy to re-post? Too lazy to give a post link? SOURCE?

You have no right to claim these things about me without evidence. So, gimme the evidence or shut the fingers.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
New Zealand hasn't moved. Gene wilder and rip torn are both still alive?????

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Andy(Uk)

I would say that is my stance!

Oh, and I say AU has moved as well.

(Would it help if I confessed to Acing geography? I might be able to dig up the report card to prove it...assuming I didn't leave it in my old universe
)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Andy(Uk)

I would say that is my stance!

Oh, and I say AU has moved as well.

(Would it help if I confessed to Acing geography? I might be able to dig up the report card to prove it...assuming I didn't leave it in my old universe
)

Seams its time too go back to school.

All report cards from other earth are null and void, now if you do find a report card that says you aced geography take it with you, you never know they may give you an honors degree in mulitverse geography seen as though you are the resident expert.

Just as a thought exercise imagine "is it everybody else that is wrong or just you".

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Ah, then why feign ignorance? (I know why, to make "us believers" look stupid when we can't properly explain what is going on. Really? That is below the belt for sure.)

When, where and how have I feigned ignorance of this subject?

(No, please - it's just a rhetorical question, no need to answer.
And of course it has been my intention all along to make people look stupid.
Because they cannot achieve that effect without my help.)

From that small source you gave me? A blog! That is peer reviewed work for sure!

It's a blog I happen to have bookmarked, so it is handy - and had you but cast a glance at it, you would have noticed very, very visible links to Everett's original thesis -not some predigested paraphrase- and to other very interesting resources about his theory.

Please, explain how MY memory is faulty.

Why should I explain how YOUR memory is faulty?
I know nothing about you.

Oh, too lazy to re-post? Too lazy to give a post link? SOURCE?

Source of WHAT?

Anyway, yes, as a matter of fact I am too lazy for that (or, from my perspective, too happily engaged in other things).
They are very easy to find and impossible to miss.
Wouldn't my pointing them out make other people look stupid (again)?

You have no right to claim these things about me without evidence. So, gimme the evidence or shut the fingers.

Claim WHAT things about YOU?

This is the second time in a few hours that I've found evidence of rampant paranoia on this site.
I am not surprised so many valuable contributors have left it.

edit on 11-10-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question why
Seams its time too go back to school.

Hmm, normally I would not point out spelling and grammar errors but this seems like an exception...

"Seems it's time to go back to school."

All report cards from other earth are null and void, now if you do find a report card that says you aced geography take it with you, you never know they may give you an honors degree in mulitverse geography seen as though you are the resident expert.

What?

Oh and it is "Earth".

Just as a thought exercise imagine "is it everybody else that is wrong or just you".

You need to practice what you preach. Learn about the multiverse theory. The only one saying someone is wrong, is you. And the other posters who seem to know nothing of the theory.

Anyway, I don't really care about spelling and grammar errors. I make them all the time. Just thought the hypocrisy was kinda funny.

When, where and how have I feigned ignorance of this subject?

Ah, you will find me a bit more difficult.

Here is where you feigned ignorance:

Anyway, don't bother.
I've seen people try to talk some sense into those who advocate this delusion, but you know what they say....
Nobody is as deaf as the one who does not want to hear.

(Again I chuckle at the hypocrisy...)

Then you say:

It's all a matter of perception, map projections and, yes, faulty memory. It has been explained several times earlier in the thread, but like I said, those who do not want to hear are and will remain stone-deaf.

(About the multiverse theory)

Now you folks clamor for my evidence, my proof that I am from a different universe. How come you don't have to post your proof that my memory is faulty? Do you have those brain scans that were never done on me? Or is it your crystal ball?

Also, please, go into detail on how you made an informed decision about the theory from a blog. Do you have any peer reviewed sources? You know, real evidence? The kind that is demanded from me, and if is not available, well then I become some "stupid schoolboy".

Why am I not surprised? I have a "different" perspective, and humans hate difference.

(No, please - it's just a rhetorical question, no need to answer....

Of course not, then the readers might actually see your actions for what they are.

And of course it has been my intention all along to make people look stupid.
Because they cannot achieve that effect without my help.)

Hey takes one to know one, right?

It's a blog I happen to have bookmarked, so it is handy - and had you but cast a glance at it, you would have noticed very, very visible links to Everett's original thesis -not some predigested paraphrase- and to other very interesting resources about his theory.

Forgive me, I was treating you like you are treating me! Funny how it feels, isn't it?

Please, explain how MY memory is faulty.

Why should I explain how YOUR memory is faulty?

What did you say?

Did you forget this?

It's all a matter of perception, map projections and, yes, faulty memory.

HOLD UP!

Who has the faulty memory? I thought you knew nothing about me? Or do you know my memory is faulty? If you know the latter, PROVE IT. (Oh wait, you can't because this is a speculative subject. Check the paragraph at the top of every page in this particular forum.)

Anyway, yes, as a matter of fact I am too lazy for that (or, from my perspective, too happily engaged in other things).

Like being a hypocrite? Evidence is demanded of me, my sanity is called into question, and much more. But you are too lazy to provide evidence that I am delusional? Isn't that a bit delusional?

Claim WHAT things about YOU?

Did you forget already? And MY memory is faulty

It's all a matter of perception, map projections and, yes, faulty memory.

PROVE my memory is faulty. If anything it is WAY BETTER than yours.

edit on 10/11/2010 by adigregorio because: To fix BB code, I didn't shoot my eye out.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I found this quite appropriate, given the topic.

Photo of a map from trade show in Guangzhou

Cheers
Shane

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I did think Gene Wilder was gone as well, which is odd.

Whilst people aren't being nice about it the human brain does make some epic short cuts to get from A to B to C and it is very possible this is all just versions of that. Either that or perhaps everyone has seen the same false reports of people passing away etc which happen fairly commonly.

Really for the idea to be proven we would perhaps need a piece of technology or something that existed in one verse and not the other then we would have something 'new' as proof but I guess if they're similar places that won't happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

That is so awesome!

(Now I am not saying "PROOF!11!1" I just thought it was awesome.)

-------

And folks, I want to say this again:

1) I can accept that you disagree with my stance.

2) I do not need my mental state questioned in addition to the disagreements.

If you want to refute me, that is awesome! But can we do it without claiming I am "stupid"? At least until we establish it as fact...

And I am open to the possibility, but I need evidence. I don't just "follow blindly"...that would be stupi---hey!

EDIT--
Pinke,

Thank you for your post! THAT is what I am talkin' 'bout!

For me, speculation is half of the fun. Especially with things of this nature.
edit on 10/11/2010 by adigregorio because: insert something witty here

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i think its an imporent thread , as it prove that reality depends on preception.

its not just inaccurate maps and new , its everyhting real.

all those that thing we had bad memories or didnt study the matter , should check with themselfs for their own reality "shifts".

yes NZ is in east as far we know (the same way that we know otherwise before) , the difference is in the evidence we have.

i used to think people in the Middle Ages thought the earth is flat , but now i know they didnt. (and many other things about the past).

i even thought that the tree of good and bad of the bible was of apples..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I'm on a whole heap of pain medication right now, forgive me if my grammar is off.

I'm trying to fathom how you think that you are not from this reality, if you are not from this reality as you claim, just how did you get here and by what means.

That said, how did you go finding the report card ?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'm on a whole heap of pain medication right now, forgive me if my grammar is off.

Like I said, I don't really care about grammar. Of course I wasn't telling you to "get back to school" either...

I'm trying to fathom how you think that you are not from this reality, if you are not from this reality as you claim, just how did you get here and by what means.

This is a multi-part question.

1) "how you think that you are not from this reality"
Because of this, and many other variables. A few I have already listed, again in addition to the AU thing.

2) "if you are not from this reality as you claim, just how did you get here and by what means"
If I knew that I would not be SPECULATING.

spec·u·late
–verb
1. to engage in thought or reflection; meditate (often fol. by on, upon, or a clause).
2. to indulge in conjectural thought.
3. to engage in any business transaction involving considerable risk or the chance of large gains, esp. to buy and sell commodities, stocks, etc., in the expectation of a quick or very large profit.

dictionary.reference.com...

That said, how did you go finding the report card ?

Are you serious?

That is fine, I will dig it out, scan it, and upload it to ATS. AFTER you tell me how you know I am stupid, and have memory issues.

YOU made the outrageous claim, YOU provide evidence.

As soon as you do that, I will post my card to refute your evidence. (Assuming I need to.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

all those that thing we had bad memories or didnt study the matter , should check with themselfs for their own reality "shifts".

You're referring to individual variants within a consensually established larger framework.
Those are not only possible but plausible, IMO, even though questioning our senses, memory, etc. should always be the first reaction even in such cases, just to keep things clean.

But individual "shifts" are something entirely different from perceived shifts on a scale being talked about here ("discussed" really is not the right expression). These would entail huge, and I mean HUGE, changes in the flora and fauna, to mention just one example.

I do agree it is an important thread. It really does speak volumes about the place and importance of irrational thought in this day and age. (And I am not using "irrational" as a dirty word here.)
One of the questions that it raises, a very important question, is why exactly is it so difficult for some people to accept even the possibility that their memory could be less than perfect, that they may have used inaccurate maps (as has been amply demonstrated in this thread), that the reason for thei perceived "shift" could be perfectly mundane.
I mean, I understand the need for transcendent experiences. But they only have real value when they are real.
And to make sure, within reason, that they are real we have to question them and fully explore the more mundane explanations before discarding them.
Otherwise it's all just wishful, fuzzy thinking.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

These would entail huge, and I mean HUGE, changes in the flora and fauna, to mention just one example.

Nope, nothing here has changed.

In Universe A nothing has changed (Other than I am no longer there)

In Universe B nothing has changed (Other than I am here)

I do agree it is an important thread. It really does speak volumes about the place and importance of irrational thought in this day and age.

I have to agree, the way you keep stating you understand the multiverse but then don't. Though I suppose that is more "irrational action" than thought. (Of course, I really think you do it to try to make us look "stupid".)

One of the questions that it raises, a very important question, is why exactly is it so difficult for some people to accept even the possibility that their memory could be less than perfect

I have stated that I am open to that possiblity. I am STILL waiting on your evidence that my memory is faulty.

that they may have used inaccurate maps (as has been amply demonstrated in this thread)

Here you go again feigning ignorance about the multiverse!!! I will say this again:

Nope, nothing here has changed.

In Universe A nothing has changed (Other than I am no longer there)

In Universe B nothing has changed (Other than I am here)

, that the reason for thei perceived "shift" could be perfectly mundane.

THAT is quite possible. Doesn't mean I shouldn't speculate, I mean are you suggesting I should "follow blindly"? Are you suggesting I should not research? Just accept the "truth"?

I mean, I understand the need for transcendent experiences. But they only have real value when they are real.

Let me guess, only you get to decide which ones are real?

And to make sure, within reason, that they are real we have to question them and fully explore the more mundane explanations before discarding them.

Yep, and we can do that without questioning the "experiencers" mental status.

Otherwise it's all just wishful, fuzzy thinking.

Again, I ask you to PROVE IT. Which I notice you conveniently skipped...At least at the time I had posted this post.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Why do people assume that people who believe New Zealand and Australia are out of place on the map are just people with faulty memories or are bad at Geography or Americans.

I don’t understand why many people keep pointing to a map and say you must have not read it correctly these countries are here where they always have been. Talk about stupidity, have none of you read through these threads, the premise being put forward is that there are a number of people who believe that the current map does not match our memories. I will leave aside the other anomalies like famous people who have been reported dead still being alive in this universe but I am sure you get the idea.

Instead of focussing on a posters presumed bad memory or inability to read a map, why not for the sake of argument take it one step further and look at the possibility that their can be individual shifts of people from one multi universe to another.

Other than a person’s memory how could anyone prove that, that event occurred, or for that matter how can you disapprove it?

Surely that is a more relevant and interesting subject that should be discussed, so how about it?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I had an amusing google experiment ...

I typed Rip Torn and looked for the word 'dead' ... and it came up fairly high on the google search suggestions.
I typed Gene Wilder and looked for the word 'dead' ... and again fairly high.

So I decided to use Brad Pitt as a control experiment. Apparently the first result for Brad Pitt is 'dead'. So there goes that theory. >.<

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Hey, A+ for effort, right?

When I notice a "death/life" I run searches for obituary. (IE "Rip Torn Obituary" or "Rip Torn Obit")

Just another suggestion, try those on death/lives you guys have had. If anything it is a great waste of time

Also, I have heard of a site that delves into this topic. Unfortunately, I do not have the link as of now (Nor do I remember it, uh oh!). I will enter it into the thread later this morning (its 3am and my mother will be sleeping (she has the link)).

Email requesting the data (link) has been sent

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Strange enough no one has every thought Sean Connery or Clint Eastwood are dead so it seems.

Maybe that's just a statement about the immortal action hero.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I can only hope that I know which reality I require when I ask you guys directions!

And if there are 2 of you there and the directions are different which one will be a better experience?

Is it possible that alongside peoples differing perception of place, is there a similar one for time? And can I then do both of the above?

Now I'm confused...which ways home?

MM
edit on 11/10/2010 by MissMegs because: lost and confused

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join