It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This post is frustrating. Allow me to grab everyone's attention who is so ignorant that they refuse to see what this thread is even talking about.

ATTENTION PLEASE'

There, hopefully that helps people to simply stop ignoring the point.

To those of you showing maps from the 1800's or from ancient history, get it through your thick skulls that IT DOESN'T MATTER. The location of New Zealand and Australia to some people in this topic is relative ONLY in the case of a TIMELINE CHANGE!

I know this is hard for some of you of you to grasp, that this concept of "alternate timelines" might not sit well with you, but if that is the case then why are you even here? It was stated in the OP that this was about alternate timelines. If you have no faith in the theories about timelines then, sorry to be blunt, you are utterly useless here.

To some of those that are claiming the people who experiences change seem to stray away from logic - allow yourself to use some logic for a moment. Do you consider it sheer COINCIDENCE that so many people have the same memory of the same exact situation? That all of their memories coincide with each others but are STILL WRONG?

Use some logic yourselves. There is a difference between making an unfounded, crazy claim about something and being the only one to believe or experience it - and then there is something like this. To disregard this as a bunch of people who just happened to be "bad at geography" or happen to have the same distortions within their memory - THAT is being illogical.

If you were not subject to the original timeline that those who witnessed the change were, you would not witness any change whatsoever. Life would go on as usual. History would have always been the same for you, but for those that experienced a shift, history might have been different in that timeline.

Personally, I think this subject matter is too advanced for most of the minds here on ATS. Once again, they continue to prove it over and over again.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Don't bother, it's useless. The topic of where NZ and Aus being in different places than some people recall has been derailed, and it's been allowed to happen. score one for ignorance!

Abandon all hope, ye who enter heirein.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'd rather talk about more important things than the locations of land masses changing. Even if New Zealand's position has changed, the only people who would know are those who have remembered it, and it would be impossible for anybody who wasn't aware of the change to understand otherwise. Keeping that in mind. the only purpose those 'in-the-know" have of revealing this information and claiming it as fact despite knowing that those not "in-the-know" have 0% chance of ever knowing (without divine intervention, aliens, etc.) is to serve their own egos and to feel special.

This is pointless. Who cares if they changed position? What's here is here and what's now is now, and we should be worrying about what's going to happen instead of what's already happened.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

I take it you've never played Risk.

Why does this thread have this many flags and stars?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Personally, I think this subject matter is too advanced for most of the minds here on ATS. Once again, they continue to prove it over and over again.

If you are unwilling to explore other explanations than the one you have accepted, this is a lecture not a discussion on ATS and it should perhaps be posted as a blog elsewhere?

The idea of ATS is to discuss and explore all points of view whether they agree with the theory or not, as long as it is within the T & C.

This idea of limiting speech to only those who agree, in addition to being dictatorial is the antithesis of the purpose of ATS is it not?

We all have the simple ability to read or engage in discussion of some posts while not participating in discussions also ongoing in the same thread. I know its like chewing gum and walking, but most of us can do it.

It is just as reasonable to conclude the concept is mistaken as it is to embrace it as fact without any real proof.

My personal take is that people are seeing maps created with differing projections, not understanding the difference and thinking their different appearance has the meaning presented here. They don't understand that projecting a globe on a flat surface in different manners can change the appearance dramatically. Perfectly valid thought I believe.

There is another reasonable idea that might upset you also. I can walk into a crowded room, plant a thought like "whew, what's that bitter smell" and walk out. Within a short time people all over the room will be smelling a bitter odor even though none existed. It's just how we are wired.

I'd bet you a dollar that I could walk into a room with a large crowd of people and say to someone picked at random in a loud voice everyone could hear: "When did you change your shirt, you had on a different one a few minutes ago". Immediately some in the room would agree with me even though I made it up out of thin air.

This is busy place and just by planting this idea, a certain portion of ATS readers will in fact believe they remember the same whether it is true or not. They will think it is true. In fact this whole thing might be a test or a joke by somebody who knows that? How would I or anyone else know?

Man, that's a lot of words to say chill dude, we all have the right to an opinion other than yours.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I haven't replied to anything on here for a while, but this has really got my attention.
When i was in high school back in the 80's i thought i was going to become a military historian- I did become an historian at university but branched into another area. While in the 80's I studied war tactics, battle plans and MAPS to try and determine military stragegy.
One of the areas I studied was World War 2 Pacific battle strategy. Why certain islands were important for supply areas, ports, air bases etc.

Australia- in comparasin with key spots such as Port Moreseby or Guadalcanal- was not as close to Oz as is being shown on these maps.
Now maybe it is just an old perception that somehow was implanted wrong as a teenager- but given so many are sharing the same thing, i don't think so. I even lived for a year in Australia so I spent a lot more time than most North American's looking where it is on a map.

to boot- I took a closer look at Japan, and it just "feels" in the wrong place on those maps too- as does the Phillipines. While I can not prove it (ie pull out a map from 1989 and say ah, ha look) it "feels" like it is really different. My memory- which as an historian is trained to have photographic recall of dates, places, times, names- is not seeing what i see now.

I began to dig into other areas of the earth map to see what else might oddly be different. So far found nothign odd but i will keep searching.

I know a lot of people are stopping by here to try and make fun of everyone posting here. Ignore them folks and keep digging. Shamans are laughed at, anyone who talks of ghosts is laughed at etc. If someone is laughing at you, it can mean you are digging in the right direction and the minds around you are hoping to use the simple tactic of "putting someone down" as a way to stop the explorations.

keep looking. answers are there, but it might take a bit of a group effort to piece it all together.
now back to my atlas

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You want to know?

It's because he is not the only one remember Australia SHOULD be further south and surrounded by ocean.

I'm getting a headache thinking about this. I quit

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Serious question, is this idea completely thought of by looking at a reversed map (upside down) ?

FWIW, NZ has always been in the same place from what I remember.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

That's funny because I remember New Zealand being right where it is today for all 22 years of my young life. I think what's happening here is a flaw in both memory and perception. For instance, as random as this sounds, when I was a kid I thought I invented the word colon to describe the lower portion of your intestines, I erroneously believed that I had invented the word and that reality/the medical community had stolen it from me (at least it seemed that way). It's just a mental mistake. The same thing happened in that recent thread about celebrities who were once dead who are now alive, some actually believed it was timeline changes doing it
when really it is rumors and false memories that causes it...

Even if New Zealand were moved it wouldn't necessarily be paranormal, it would more likely be plate tectonics... but no New Zealand's been were it is for a while now, at least as long as I've been alive.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Id like to take a Poll please to those of us remembering that New Zealand and Australia have changed location.

1. Have you ever experienced a timeslip in your life?

2. What Country do you live in?

3. Are you an alien abductee?

1. I have experienced 2 timeslips that I recall distinctly in my life, all of which never really had any significance of occuring. The first was I was sitting in my car infront of my boyfriends house waiting for him to get off work and come home (he had the key). I was waiting for 45 minutes when I realized that his car was already in the driveway and he had been home for 20 minutes, and never saw me there. I was wigged out.

2. I live in America and I went to Private School in my elementary school years in the 80s. Their maps could of been wrong, I am open to that. But then In Middle School we drew a map of the entire globe and I remember distinctly drawing New Zealand to the West of New Zealand. And Australia being far away from Indonesia. Im certain I would of used my Geography book as the source to draw the maps from. I have always had a photographic memory, which has always propelled me through school, so this being wrong is very interesting.

3. I am an Alien Abductee, and I have also visited other dimensions, both physically and in my dreams. Whatever I remember, whatever dimension it is from, is really interesting!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
YES I do remember Austie being lower that's why we call it the "land down under". This phenomenon does have a name, "TIMESLIP". Whittley Striber has been talking about a new book on it, don't remember if he or Anne co-authored it though. Who remembers Nelson Mandella dying in prison, as I do? Another Glitch in the Matrix
-brokedown

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Mandella- Dead

Billy Graham- most definitely dead!

Aus/NZ- were very much opposite

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by x0shadow0x

Study: Geography Greek to young Americans

After more than three years of combat and nearly 2,400 U.S. military deaths in Iraq, nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map, a study released Tuesday showed.

The study found that less than six months after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, 33 percent could not point out Louisiana on a U.S. map.

The National Geographic-Roper Public Affairs 2006 Geographic Literacy Study paints a dismal picture of the geographic knowledge of the most recent graduates of the U.S. education system.

"Americans scored second to last on overall geographic knowledge, trailing Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan and Sweden," the report said.

World: Americans Fail Geography, But Are Other Nationalities Better?

So, why can't 20% of Americans find the United States on a world map?

Miss South Carolina has no idea either. She was recently asked this very same question by a judge at the Miss Teen USA contest and her baffling, Bushism-filled answer pretty much affirmed that she's part of that ignorant 20% minority. Wow.

Even the Onion is in on it:

World Map Rearranged To Accommodate Poor Geography Skills Of Americans—Nations Ordered Alphabetically

'nough said.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i cant help but sit and laugh as i read through this thread! if nothing else this is amusing so its good for something

[edit on 14-2-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am quite sure they are in the right place and always have been in the very same place. I am Australian and I think that this thread is insane. Does anybody study geography anymore? Did NZ move before or after you took the acid??

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map, a study released Tuesday showed.

The study found that less than six months after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, 33 percent could not point out Louisiana on a U.S. map.

You also only have to watch this video clip,
posted by bkaust earlier - someone thinks Australia is Iran... someone else thinks Australia is North Korea... then he comments that "North Korea" (really Australia) is a lot larger than "South Korea" (actually Tasmania)! someone else thinks Australia is France....

So it is no wonder some people are geographically confused

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I find it painful to watch such things.

What's worse is that so many pretend there is no problem...

Maybe in the "other timeline", the education systems are better.

I wonder if they have better restaurants? I'm finding the ones near me are getting really boring....

[edit on 14-2-2010 by loam]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Holy crap!!!
Those people get to vote AND own guns

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies, just skimmed. Tried to skip the rude ones, and hit on the ones that were evolving the conversation a little better. I want to say something, so if it's already been said, my apologies....so here it goes.

1. MY BELIEF, is that we each INDIVIDUALLY have the capability of moving up, down and around through neighboring dimensions randomly, perhaps due to our decisions in life, but who knows why? So what that means is, there WILL be people who wake up in a world that is slightly different than the one they knew before they went to sleep. The people who are already present in that dimension will have NO RECOLLECTION of this other world, because they were never there.

Does this make me an idiot? Hardly. Scientists have already disclosed the logic of dimensional theories. Whistleblowers from top secret government organizations, (regardless if you believe them or not), have revealed that some "entities" entering our world are from other dimensions. The Philadelphia Experiment is rumored to be one of the main causes of doorways being opened, but were never able to be closed. So what you believe, is just that. People believe what they experience, and NOBODY can change or alter that person's experiences. So calling them a liar or an idiot or whatever, just goes to show that your own experiences are fairly limited compared to others. Apparently, there are groups of us who are shifting through dimensions, and maybe you're one that simply hasn't traveled yet...there are all sorts of speculations we can ponder.

2. Per another thread similar to this one, I have experienced numerous odd changes around me, in the news, and in the people I know that I cannot explain. A few would be coincidental....hoards of them are more than coincidental and need further attention. I am now aware and watching. While I cannot, with certainty, say that New Zealand was in a different spot, I will recount something that happened a few months ago that I find very ironic with the timing of this thread.

Upon discussing some travel plans with my family, NZ came up per recommendation of a good friend. Admittedly, I am good at a lot of things, but my memory with geography was never a strong point. I knew NZ was near Australia, but in relation to Japan (which was another place we were figuring into the travel plans), I needed to physically see where it was. Now, the conversation with this friend stemmed from me mentioning that it would be nice to visit Australia....although a good stretch from Japan, it would be a shame to be on that side of the world, and NOT see it, (along with some other note-able countries). My friend proceeded to say, "NZ is closer, and has cheap flights from Japan". So I was sold, and resolved myself to working the details out later.

About a week later, I decided to look at a globe we had, when the topic came back up. To my astonishment, NZ was NOT anywhere near Japan, and most certainly was not closer to Japan than Australia. Not only that, I was stumped, because I thought it had always been at least HIGHER than where it was on the globe - which side of AU made no difference. I never remembered it being down so low. Confused, we spoke to our friend again, who insisted he didn't say what I clearly remembered him saying....remembering words IS something I'm good at.

Now, all this happened before Christmas some time - exactly when, I can't tell you, because I don't recall. But I am keenly aware that these little odd "happenings" are happening a little too much and to too many people to go unnoticed any more.

3. Disbelievers need to understand one thing. There is no proof. No physical proof can be provided, because everything physical was left in the other dimension. All that comes over is a memory, subject to ridicule by those who are skeptical. Until it happens to you, you will likely remain skeptical.

I remember Billy Graham dying....that is a memory that is etched clearly in my head.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by loam
nearly two-thirds of Americans aged 18 to 24 still cannot find Iraq on a map, a study released Tuesday showed.

You also only have to watch this video clip,
posted by bkaust earlier - someone thinks Australia is Iran... someone else thinks Australia is North Korea... then he comments that "North Korea" (really Australia) is a lot larger than "South Korea" (actually Tasmania)! someone else thinks Australia is France....

So it is no wonder some people are geographically confused

I cant really tell from the video because of the poor quality, but if the map is accurate Australia seems to appear miles from anywhere with lots of ocean around it and certainly Indonesia seems far away.

About 1.15.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by neolxs]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join