It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok this is VERY bizarre to me. I am in total shock as I totally remember Australia being VERY far from any land masses... And what is Australia doing so close to the Philipines?!??! This is so weird!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I live in New Zealand. And yes, its still in the same place its always been in and it hasn't moved.

Cool thread, but you should have saved it for December 22nd 2012. lol

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

And has it ever occured to you that your teacher might have been telling a fast one? Or that this was the standard response to tell kids that it was just a "publishing error?" BTW- I am looking at an encyclopedia from the 60's and it shows NZ in the area it is in now, so it was NO printing error.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandomUser
Ok this is VERY bizarre to me. I am in total shock as I totally remember Australia being VERY far from any land masses... And what is Australia doing so close to the Philipines?!??! This is so weird!

We floated ourself closer to save on air fares.

The plus side to this thread is alot more people are looking at maps and learning a bit more

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
You know seriously, this thread is one of the reasons that so many people around the planet have animosity toward the United States.

And before you Yanks start bombing my homeland, I am actually a big fan of the US and its culture.

What I am saying is that it is this arrogant ignorance that causes the ill feeling towards the US

The opening poster: Something about another country does not make sense to me i.e. a land mass is not where I think it should be - there is no possible way that I could be wrong, therefore the land masses must have physically moved - that can be the only possible solution.

And no I'm not saying ALL Americans are like this, just enough to cause a problem for your good selves. But it is this exact attitude displayed toward the rest of the world that offends and raises the ill feeling.

[edit on 14/2/1010 by Krusty the Klown]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandomUser

No, its always been that close. Darwin is only 240km's or so from southern indonesia.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandomUser

my teacher telling a fast one by the map showing NZ to be NW of australia? cmon, u can do better than that......

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Honestly........

Going out on a limb here, literally.

Take it with a fine grain of salt.

I am not perfect with my geography, but....

I do remember Australia being much more east, and isolated, no where NEAR Indonesia.

Also, Canada looks a tad #ed up from what I remember last time I looked at a world map, which was a month ago or so.

U2U me if you'd like, time dimensional shifter people, for I believe out of there could be something here.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Actually, I am an avid reader of New Scientist, and I do recall that Australia moves 1cm (that's about 2/5 of an inch) closer to India each year, so this thread is not totally bogus.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Honestly........

Going out on a limb here, literally.

Take it with a fine grain of salt.

I am not perfect with my geography, but....

I do remember Australia being much more east, and isolated, no where NEAR Indonesia.

Also, Canada looks a tad #ed up from what I remember last time I looked at a world map, which was a month ago or so.

U2U me if you'd like, time dimensional shifter people, for I believe out of there could be something here.

Its always near indonesia! thats why we have so many constant issues with 'boat people' and thats why so many of us love going over there, because its so cheap and easy to get there.

Krustytheclown, what you just said above summed it up perfectly in my op.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust

The plus side to this thread is alot more people are looking at maps and learning a bit more

Yes they are looking at maps but have learned nothing as some of the recent posts attest. It appears that the dimensional shift is very important to them... more so than reality in this case.

As I always say,
"Never underestimate ones ability to pull the wool over their own eyes".

IRM

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Honestly,being an Australian and reading this makes me think 2 things, which should really not reflect on the rest.. but, I think -

1. I wonder why I come here, to see what people say on this forum when they say crazy stuff like this.

2. I wonder why in western people are so uneducated, I mean, I have never been to North America, but I can easily show you where Canada, the US and Mexico are on a map. Even Alaska. Yet people for some reason, who are educated to look at the exact same map I was, think New Zealand is North of Australia,even though it is exactly where it has been for at least 200 hundred years. Please tell me your not an American. If so, then this explains much of what people say about Americans. But as I said, I hate to tar people with the same brush.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

And what is Australia doing so close to the Philipines?!

Close? The distance is over 2,800 miles, hardly close!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hey guys, i have a quick question, i've never noticed before but - was Florida ALWAYS that close to cuba?!? ;p.

Ok i'm leaving this now, i just can't help myself - it's a boring night here!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
New Zealander here... mate, no offense on this, but it seems more likely that your memory has shifted from a different dimension... or perhaps you might have been smokin' something funny when you were young, or just perhaps, you had no idea whatsoever where New Zealand was, as most Americans have no idea where it is, even today. I've talked to plenty and they really have no idea where New Zealand is and many even have no idea where Africa is.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Now I see how to get a thread to appear on the front page... make a claim that is just so wacky that it compels the ATS masses to come and make a comment!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
For all the other Aussies here, I think I know the OP's problem, he/she was thinking about the American name for New Zealand - Shebangabang.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There are some really bizarre threads on ATS at the moment but this one takes the biscuit!

Then again, are people sure they're not confusing Australia with North Korea?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Essan]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I totally agree with you, i dont know about the whole New Zealand things but i'm pretty sure Australia is further south. It's a land of nowhere surrounded by ocean. When i saw this thread and look at google map i was like....wtf ?? lol

S&F

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
let me get this straight

u remember a map like in a game, now it shows differently in google earth and you are worried that it may shifted? are u nuts ?

maps are not perfect ...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join