It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akbar Zib, Pakistani Diplomat, Rejected In Saudi Arabia Because Name Means 'Biggest d___ In Arabic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Akbar Zib, Pakistani Diplomat, Rejected In Saudi Arabia Because Name Means 'Biggest d___ In Arabic

www.huffingtonpost.com

According to reports, a well respected, high ranking Pakistani official has been rejected as ambassador to Saudi Arabia because his name, Akbar Zib, translates as 'biggest dick' in Arabic.

Yes, that's really what it translates as. Neal Ungerleider over at True/Slant helpfully tells us that Akbar is a common Muslim name that translates to "the greatest", and Zeb is a relatively common Urdu name (زب) whose meaning in Arabic is a crude word for male genitals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
GAWD I hope this is true. I mean it sucks to be that guy unless he considers it advertisment.

I don't know what to say except its too funny to be not true. Earlier I also came across a bunch of sports figures with what can only be called lewd names.

It brings up a more serious issue is the meaning of names and how they are chosen...my first name for example refers in old english to a roadside farm. How does that become a name?

I maintained once that you had to be careful about what you name your animals...I had a cat I named mischief and she went out of her way to live up to it...

Either his father didn't know what he was doing...which I refuse to believe...

or he was being hopeful for his son.

And, if he does not live up to it...

well then it sucks to be him.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/13/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i'm iraqi and i confirm this

akbar = biggest

zib = penis

rofl

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Can you imagine the hell that guy went through in school with that name?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
LOLZ i feel sorry to be that guy, poor guy i guess now he must hate his own father for the name

I guess he named him, while his father was having some love?

Well he still can change the name can he?

I still feel sorry.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow! The world truly is an amazing place! I had a friend whose name was Dick. I just had to call him Richard. I couldn't actually say the word dick without feeling like I was insulting him.
Imagine being married to the man? Mrs. Dick...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hasn't Dick Cheney been to Saudi Arabia ever? I wonder how he was allowed. He should be banned in all countries
and public places

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You guys realize that vast majority of Pakistanis do not speak Arabic fluently right? They learn the Quran in Arabic, but not the slang as much. They speak Urdu. His name didn't mean "greatest d*ck" in Urdu.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
His name didn't mean "greatest d*ck" in Urdu.

My sentiments precisely. It means 'largest penis'.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargon of Akkad

No it doesn't. Akbar means GREATEST, not "largest"..

"Allahu akbar" does not mean that Allah is the largest, it mean's he's the GREATEST.

Second.. Like I said. Zeb does NOT mean "penis" in Urdu.. Only in Arabic.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Hasn't Dick Cheney been to Saudi Arabia ever? I wonder how he was allowed. He should be banned in all countries
and public places
but he is a dick and probably the biggest one

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh yeah, if I ever meet Dick Cheney, my problem wont be in calling him "Dick", it will be in not pronouncing it Dick!
Actually, my biggest problem will be not punching his lights out.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Like people who's sir name is Head and they call thier son Richard you have to ask how could parents be so cruel.

new topics

top topics

join