It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ever-growing, all-seeing police state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
America is obviously at war here.
No, I speak of the war America is against its citizens. And it uses the so respectable local police forces...for now.
Louisiana is the pinnacle of corrupt politicians and crook'd cops. One officer, as an example of this, tried to plant some evidence on a friend of mine. Yes, usual policy of the police down here is to be well-equipped with illegal narcotics.
Here in the town of Monroe, we are all under the subject of: The State Police, Parish Police, Monroe PD, ULM Campus Police (which pulled me over last night with no discernible reason at all), Metro Narcotics, and the Wildlife & Fisheries. This is just local. Need I mention the ATF, FBI, CIA and the IRS?
Americans are prisoners within their own homes. Why is all this necessary? And if all this police force is necessary now, how long till the government decides that that military action is the only way to keep American citizens safe?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisjacob23

Hi!

Though not from the US, believe the UK is worse.

Early Monday mornings I used to have to commute to a local airport (c. 04:00 am) and three times was stopped under the pretext that cars like mine were being stolen - followed by a breath test - this at 04:00! Luckily they were never positive....

But when a spare alloy wheel was stolen from my car parked in the drive -no interest.... (Sh*t happens).

In the UK they are Civil Servants - nothing could be further from the truth - 'Civil' - try 'arorgantly aggressive''Servant' - try dictators......

Sorry, but if you put morons in a position of power - whatever the country - they will abuse it.

That said - was stopped doing (a certain amount of speed over the limit) near Page AZ and after a check was left to carry on with a smiling warning - 'Slow down pal!' That's policing.

Peace!

PS I now live in Berlin - laws here are for....guidance - sort of!

[edit on 13-2-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisjacob23

Agreed. It is happening on every level. Our freedoms have been under assualt for decades.

- you must have a seatbelt on
- no smoking any public place, even if you own it, and entry is voluntary, say a pub
- can't discipline your children the way you want (I'm not talking about beating them).
- no driving with a cell phone
-warrantless searches
- no reasonable right of privacy in using cell phones stated by the feds this week
- phone records seized by the government absent warrants not notification of the citizen
- government tracking of social networking sites
- government mandating that ISPs retain all web activity for 5 years which is obviously for the purpose of search, again likely warrantless
- routine local police abuse of citizens. That has been happening every day
- taxes on sweets, transfats, etc
- forced compliance with social engineering, e.g elimination of freedom of association, e.g. forcing a christian group to admit a open gay or anti-abortion advocate or vis a versa
- mandated "green" use of construction products
- liscence required to have a garden over a certain size on your own property
- cameras on street corners videoing you all over the place

There are probably many more. This has been a slow erosion of our rights and freedoms enforced by local, state and federal authorities. It will not stop

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Hi!,

Just a guess but think you are from the UK?

Peace!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Nope, the good old USA. Land of the used to be free and the brave.....

Seems like every day they there is another measure to either watch what you're doing or to get you to comply with something, whether its mandatory recycling, or some other nonsense

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Apologies, I read that wrong but it sounded so similar.

Seems our 'free' Western World is no longer? Instead of serving, 'Democratic' governments and their bodies seem to be controlling, more and more.

Sure behind it is the $ or £ or € aka Bush, Blair.... 'for the people?' For themselves - always- unfortunately - and of course, being pushed by the 'Hawks' behind them.

The police (I see them at airports in the UK armed with enough fire power to take out a city) - we are no more than rats in a trap - but there's no underlying world order - it's pure power, greed, lies, deception and of course, money.... Sad but true.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The truth is that the government has become so huge, so autocratic, and so determined to push its own agenda and that of its corporate masters at any and all cost, we the people, the citizens, are seen as an impediment and a potential threat to them and that.

Ultimately it creates both a dilemma and a challenge. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for violating it.

Yet the truth is very few Americans actually understand the laws. In part this is because there are so many of them and because so many of them are unconstitutional they are deliberately worded in vague and confusing ways designed to both baffle and intimidate the average person.

Yet the truth is if you know the law and its mechanisms most of these codes can be defeated because they are unconstitutional.

It simply becomes incumbent upon you to learn the hidden meanings and mechanisms of the law in America to minimize the increasing inconvenience a potential jeopardy of having so much law enforcement and so many laws to contend with.

For the government its all about control and profit, so understanding from the start that they are looking for both control and profit off of your existence helps a person to develop individual strategies to deny them that control and that profit.

People would like our rights to be extended to us in their entirety carte blanche and without fail and for them to never be infringed upon. We know it is unrealistic to expect the government and the corporations to do that on our behalf so it does then fall un each of us individually to value our freedoms and dignity and privacy enough to know how to push back and deny the government these unconstitutional excesses and abuses of power.

The reality is that if everyone bore a personal responsibility and took their freedoms and liberty and dignity seriously the government could not and would not be having this kind of success against the very people it is meant to serve, not lord over and control.

A lot of people timidly believe they as one person can not make a difference. This belief is what is enabling the government to turn into the parasitical monster it has already become and is growing cancerously as.

Learn the real laws, know your true rights, not just as a citizen but as a natural human being, be prepared to speak up defiantly, insistently, consistently and determinedly for them, and when enough people rediscover that the act of doing that is the very essence of what being an American is really about, then the people can achieve a critical mass to reverse these trends and put government back into the confines it is meant to healthily and safely occupy.
Education is the key and the government is not going to educate you or anyone with the real knowledge and attitude you must possess to be a free America and ensure America is a free place.

It is up to you the individual to educate yourself, standup for yourself, and fight what battles that become necessary to that end. What ever price you might pay in time, dollars, or other inconvenience is in fact well worth it, because left unchecked we are headed rapidly for a fascist totalitarian police state where things will continue to get worse if simply left to their own devices.

What can make a difference, you and I, and all of us can, we simply have to care enough and want it enough to do and act accordingly.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
yep, logic has left the building... HA HA when i clicked on this thread from the list, the thread directly below was can you disappear?..... i wanna disappear.

new topics

top topics

join