It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite White House Lies of the Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Below are some of what i consider Lies made by the Whitehouse this week along with linked sources to back this up,you decide and feel free to cite your own favorite lies of the week and please be sure to cite your sources and stay on topic.

Lie: [Iraq] could be one of the great achievements of this administration. (Vice President Biden forgetting to blame Bush for success in Iraq)latimesblogs.latimes.com...
Lie: We have promoted the pursuit of a bipartisan approach to health reform from day one. (Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, claiming Democrats have included Republicans in the health care reform process ) blogs.abcnews.com...
Lie: You can't say it's careless science, it's one mistake. In a 3,000 page report, we made a mistake and we've admitted it. (UN Climate Chief Rajendra Pachauri on his discredited UN report riddled with errors and hearsay) www.telegraph.co.uk... ine-article.html

Lie: We have been certified by independent groups as the most transparent White House in history. (-President Obama, whose visitor logs were released only after a lawsuit filed by an independent watchdog group)blogs.abcnews.com...

Lie: Nobody has been a bigger promoter of clean coal technology than I am. (-President Obama speaking to the House GOP./Yet in 2008 President Obama states "I haven't been some coal booster." hotair.com...

And my number one favorite White House Obama Administration Lie would be..

Lie: If you actually look at it, we've been very fiscally responsible. (keep in mind the current administration has spent more in the past year then Bush did in his 8yrs in Office) townhall.com...

[edit on 13-2-2010 by zeroeffect]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Haha. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

In regards to Obama and the coal industry.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now can you do that again with legitimate sources? Blogs are not sources.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

can who do what again with sources i cited sources,legitimate sources for all my links. unless you were referring to someone else

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Also i guess the LA Times and abc news are not legitimate sources?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Now can you do that again with legitimate sources? Blogs are not sources.

Did you happen to open the blogs and see who was writing them?

You really should.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Berserker01

You make a excellent point but keep in mind most libs don't want to be bothered with things like actual facts...

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Politicians lie all the time. It's hilarious. Most people fall for it. They also never answer critical questions directly. Always double speak. It will never change.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Both Parties lie thus is the nature of politics but i think Shaw said it best when he said "Liberty means responsibility that's why most men fear it"

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blerk
Politicians lie all the time. It's hilarious. Most people fall for it. They also never answer critical questions directly. Always double speak. It will never change.

Yes, they do but Obama is such a bold face liar, it is strange, he doesn't even try to cover his tracks.

Maybe he is transparent after all.

You should keep documenting zero, there is plenty out there.
www.nakedcapitalism.com...

[edit on 022828p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
Lie: [Iraq] could be one of the great achievements of this administration.

It is a lie to consider the Iraq war an achievement in any case. Withdrawal from Iraq by 2011 is the closest thing we can look towards achieving if anything.

Lie: We have promoted the pursuit of a bipartisan approach to health reform from day one.

Its isnt a lie, infact if anything the Obama administration made the mistake of even bothering with the opposition who to be frank refuse to cooperate over anything that involves the Democrats.

Infact, when the Republicans were given yet another chance to come together with the Democrats to discuss the healthcare issue at hand. A chance for conservatives to rally their solutions to this crises, their opinions, they opted out:
www.usnews.com...

You cannot call it a lie if the opposition refuses to bipartisanship.

Now, I will agree with you that there have been lies coming out from the whitehouse. Infact, there has never been one administration that has not broken promises or spread lies. Nobody can sit here and pull out the "phony outrage" because the Obama administration lied or got it wrong over afew things. This is just the fact I am afraid for all administrations. Should we tolerate it? No we should hold them accountable, but the partisans will insist this is "a liberal thing" or a "conservative thing" when its been the fact of the white house for over a century now.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here's a whole list to choose from of sources who are keeping up on the lies,etc...

This is just the introduction. Thought you might find it interesting and a good link to add to your collection,if you have one!

From
obamalies.net...

Obama Lies Directory
When the founders of Obama Lies read Obama’s fictional autobiography, Audacity of Hope, it was immediately apparent that this book of Obama Lies is an attempt to define the man as a new messiah and to head off criticism of his obvious inadequacies. When the inaccuracies (read Obama Lies) in his background started to be uncovered and discussed, we went to the web to see if anyone had registered the domain name obamalies.com to use as a vehicle to expose Obama’s lies.

The Truth about Obama Lies
What we discovered added to the intrigue. Barack Obama is being packaged by some very resourceful people who anticipated what the opposition would do. They preemptively registered every possible anti-obama web name in the popular dot com TLD and pointed them to favorable Google™ search results. ObamaLies.com, impeachobama.com, and antiobama.com were all registered in July of 2004 to the same anonymous registrar:

Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St – F1
Bellevue, WA 98007

They all point to the same favorable Google™ search results:

www.google.com...

With at least 1 million people better qualified to become president, why did they pick Obama, write his book, invent is web persona, and finance him to the tune of hundreds of millions? After inventing him and paying for him, who are the people who will control him?

Links to Obama Lies Websites:......

(There are many,many websites to choose from!)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I respectfully beg to differ if you actually read the source i posted it disagrees with your theory or should i say assumption, secondly they GOP declined because they knew the white house wasn't serious about working with them that it was so the lib's could look like they were trying to offer the olive branch, after MONTHS of shutting out the GOP also if Obama wanted to work with them on the health care issue why did they try to rush the bill through first oh hm maybe so they didn't have to work with the GOP to begin?

[edit on 14-2-2010 by zeroeffect]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fiscally responsible..... Ha. If we were to do the math, and we have, Obama has spent more that all previous presidents combined, and while we are pretty much broke(without looking directly at the fiat system). I would say that is a hugh lie.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l
[more

I suppose its easy to paint yourself as the hero when your President Obama and everyone is telling you you're the second coming

top topics

join