It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Opens All Data and Coding to the Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

SETI Opens All Data and Coding to the Public

www.disinfo.com

Ole Ole Olson writes on News Junkie Post:

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) just announced that it is releasing all information to the public. SETIQuest.org was launched on Wednesday to facilitate the release and help coordinate an ‘army of citizen scientists’ to help search for anomalies in interstellar microwave patterns.

The New Scientist reports, “SETIQuest is the product of astronomer Jill Tarter’s TED Prize wish. After being awarded the TED Prize last year, Tarter was given the opportunity to make a single wish before an auditorium full of the top names in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsjunkiepost.com

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have the nagging feeling that it will be reams and reams of virtually nil data to go through. REally like the idea and execution but SETI has seemed to be to be a dead end for so long now. If they ever discovered something it would have been taken away and covered - otherwise if what they say is true it has been a collosal waste of time.

www.disinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
None of the articles I read actually included a link to Setiquest so I am including that here:

www.setiquest.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't know what SETI has found but i participated in setiathome for a while and noticed they actually did have signals, but most were false positives of Earthly origin.

Still it's nice they're opening this up and they seem to have had some success with the Galaxy zoo programs.

The site you linked to has a funny domain name, disinfo.com

new topics

top topics

join