It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Most Mysterious, Scariest and Outstanding Cases of Alien Abduction Ever!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So firstly I must say sorry if this have been discussed before but I just stumbled across this article showing some of the best UFO abduction stories and thought I really had to share them with all of you as I’m sure at least some will be very interested in the stories they tell.

Also I’m not 100% sure if these have all been proven fact or fiction so someone please enlighten me.

But please enjoy reading through as some of these cases are simply outstanding!

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction

Abducted by Aliens:

Many early researchers into the mystery of UFOs had distinctive lines of belief. It is in the realm of possibility that someone could see and report a UFO, but it is impossible that the alien beings flying the UFO would interact with humans, and certainly not take them against their will.

This line of distinction would forever disappear because of one flagship case of alien abduction, the Betty and Barney Hill encounter. Their journey into the unknown began in New Hampshire in September, 1961, and would forever change the course of Ufology.

Star Moved Erratically:

The Hills were an interracial couple. Barney, a 39 year-old black man, worked for the postal service, and Betty, a 41 year-old white woman, was a supervisor for the child welfare department.

The Betty Andreasson Abduction

Summary:

Just the thought of alien abduction makes most of us turn away in confusion and disbelief. However, we must confront this issue, as it is an integral part of the UFO mystery.

Though abduction itself may seem unlikely, some abductions fall into the truly bizarre category.

One of these cases is the abduction of Betty Andreasson that occurred on the night of January 25, 1967, in the town of South Ashburnham, Massachusetts. This riveting case has become a mainstay of UFO literature.

Continued in the next post...

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Rising Against]

Mod edit: trimmed down excessive quoting from an external source.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/2/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The Buff Ledge Alien Abductions

Summary:

A valid account of the alien abduction of two teenage counselors comes to us from the state of Vermont. Four UFOs would appear in daylight over the lake of Buff Ledge Camp, making baffling maneuvers with the lightness of a falling leaf.

On August 7, 1968, the strange encounter began for sixteen-year-old Michael Lapp, maintenance man for the camp, and nineteen-year-old Janet Cornell, water ski instructor. The camp was located north of Burlington on Lake Champlain. The two were taking a break on a boat dock.

A Bright Light Appears:

On a warm afternoon, the camp was sparsely inhabited because the swimming team had gone to Burlington for a meet. In the later part of the afternoon, Michael and Janet were simply enjoying the view of the setting sun, when suddenly a bright light appeared.

link   

The Pascagoula, Mississippi Alien Abductions

Summary:

On the night of October 10, 1973, there was a UFO sighting by fifteen different witnesses who saw a strange, unknown object fly over a housing project in St. Tammany Parish, New Orleans, Louisiana.

Two of the witnesses were policeman. This sighting would only be the beginning of what was to occur the next night on the nearby Pascagoula River. Two fishermen, nineteen-year-old Calvin Parker, and forty-two-year-old Charles Hickson were about to have an experience that would forever change their lives.

Glowing, Egg-Shaped Object:

Parker and Hickson were good friends, and often fished together. They were both living in the town of Gautier, Mississippi. On one particular night, they were fishing the waters of the Pascagoula River, when they heard a strange sound... a type of buzzing.

link   

Abduction of Sergeant Moody

Summary:

On August 13, 1975, Air Force Sergeant Charles L. Moody was in the desert of Alamogordo, New Mexico, observing a meteor shower. It was 1:15 AM when he saw a glowing, metallic, saucer-shaped object lowering to the ground approximately 300 feet away.

Moody estimated the object's length at about 50 feet, and its diameter at eighteen to twenty feet. The UFO began to wobble as it descended. Moody was extremely frightened as the object began to move towards him.

Shadows Resembling Human Form:

Moody tried to run from the object, but when he tried to start this car, the engine would not respond. He could now hear a high-pitched sound as the object came to a stop in mid-air about 70 feet away from him.

The Herbert Schirmer Abduction

Summary:

Twenty-two-year-old policeman Herbert Schirmer would have a bizarre experience on December 3, 1976. While making his normal patrol rounds in Ashland, Nebraska, he saw what appeared to be red lights atop a large truck.

He had checked locations along Highway 6, and just hit the intersection of two highways, 6 and 63, when he saw the red lights. He would get a closer look.

A Metallic, Oval-Shaped Object:

As he moved on down Highway 63, he came to a stop, and shined his headlights on the red-lighted object. He immediately knew the object was no truck. The red beaming lights were coming through what Schirmer described as "portholes."

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The Travis Walton Abduction

Summary:

The Travis Walton abduction is one of the most controversial cases in Ufology, yet one of the most compelling. The events of Walton's abduction began on November 5, 1975, in the Arizona, Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest.

Walton was one of a seven man crew that was clearing trees on a government contract. After the end of the work day, all of the crew jumped into foreman Mike Roger's pick-up truck and began their trip home. As they drove, they were shocked to see by the side of the road, a "luminous object, shaped like a flattened disc."

Blue Beam Hits Walton:

Travis, still young and fearless, was enthralled by the object's presence, and left the truck to get a better look, against the better wishes of his crew mates. As he gazed up at the wonder of the object, a blue beam hit him, throwing him to the earth.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Alien Abduction in Stanford, Kentucky

Summary:

Those who wish to study the phenomena of alien abduction, need to look no further than a three year period in the 1970's. No fewer than four cases occurred.

1973-the Pascagoula, Mississippi abduction, 1975-the Travis Walton abduction, 1976-the Allagash Waterway abduction, and the abduction of three women from Kentucky in 1976.

On January 6, three old friends-Mona Stafford, Louise Smith, and Elaine Thomas celebrated Mona's birthday at a restaurant in Lancaster. Driving home in Louise's Chevrolet on Highway 78, the three women see a bright, red object in the night sky.

UFO Controls the Chevy :

As the women watched the object, it began to move closer to their Chevy. Smith had lost control of her car. The little Chevy was going 85 mph, much faster than she had ever driven before.

The Allagash Alien Abduction

Summary:

One of the most researched and best documented cases of multiple alien abduction occurred in August, 1976, in the state of Maine. The Allagash Waterway Abduction is a integral piece of the alien abduction puzzle.

This case gained world-wide attention when it was dramatized in an episode of television's "Unsolved Mysteries." Twin brothers Jack and Jim Weiner, along with their friends Chuck Rak and Charlie Foltz, would be participants in an event involving a UFO sighting, missing time, and medical procedures performed by beings unknown.

Just a Fishing Trip:

Not only were the four men fishing buddies, but they were all art students, having met at the Massachusetts College of Art. They set out for what should have been an uneventful, relaxing fishing trip. It was not to be. After being on the waterway for a time, the four fishermen had canoed to Eagle Lake.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The Dechmont Woods Alien Abduction of Robert Taylor

Summary of Event

Robert Taylor was sixty-one-years-old at the time that he had the most unusual encounter of his life. He had worked as a forester all of his adult life in the Dechmont woods located in Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland.

On the morning of Friday, November 9, 1979, he and his red setter rounded a corner on a forest trail and saw an unbelievable sight, a UFO! The object appeared to be hovering just above the forest floor. It made no sound, and seemed to be motionless.

The object was a dark gray color, and its texture was like an emery board: small brighter highlighted areas against a darker background. The appearance of the exterior seemed to change from time to time. Taylor thought that the UFO was attempting to camouflage itself.

link   

Alien Abduction of Whitley Strieber

Summary:

It is an accepted fact in the UFO community that very few scientists will entertain the idea that UFOs are real. To take this one step further, it is even rarer that an educated, professional person would delve into the dark, puzzling world of alien abductions.

Author Whitley Strieber is one of those rare individuals. His book, "Communion," is a must read for anyone interested in the subject. Strieber is an abductee himself, and his abduction is one of the most bizarre on record.

Isolated Cabin:

Strieber was already a well-known author when he was vacationing with his wife and son over the Christmas holidays in 1985. His strange abduction would take place in an isolated cabin in the northern part of New York state.

link   

The Ilkley Moor Alien Photograph

Summary:

An extremely compelling account of alien abduction that took place in 1987 in the Ilkey Moor, Yorkshire, U.K. is a unique case which may include one of the very few photographs taken of a live alien being.

The main character and only witness of a UFO and alien being is one Philip Spencer, a retired policeman. He claims to have been taken aboard an unidentifed flying object, and snap one photograph of an unknown being.

The Ilkley Moor:

Ilkley Moor is very much like you would expect: a place of mystery and intrigue, and full of legends. There have been a number of reports of UFOs over the area, along with odd lights that seem to come and go.

Here is the Ilkley Moor Alien Photograph

Salter Abduction-the Benevolent Aliens

Summary:

In most cases, a UFO abduction is a harrowing, humiliating experience... one that the participant would love to forget. In some cases, however, the abduction process becomes a rewarding one.

Such was the case of John Salter Jr. and his son John III. John Jr. a faculty member of the University of North Dakota, was scheduled for a speaking tour of the southern states.

Left Scheduled Route:

It was in March 1988 when he, accompanied by his son, drove his pickup truck down Route 61 heading for his first engagement.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The Manhattan Alien Abduction

Summary:

One of the landmark cases of UFO abduction occurred on November 30, 1989, in Manhattan, N.Y. The case centers around one Linda Napolitano, who claims to have been abducted from her closed apartment window into a waiting UFO by the "grays," and subjected to medical procedures.

The case became well-known through the efforts of researcher Budd Hopkins. The events began at 3:00 AM.

Loss of Memory:

After the experience, Linda had almost no memory of what had occurred. She would occasionally recall a brief moment of what had happened, but she could recall actually being taken, and even the room she was examined in, but nothing more.

Kelly Cahill Alien Abduction

Summary:

In August 1993, 27-year-old Kelly Cahill, her husband and three children were driving home after a visit to a friend's house.

Their routine journey would soon become a harrowing trip into an unknown world of strange beings that occupied space but were void of color as we know it. The Dandenong foothills, near Belgrave, Victoria, Australia would have its location forever linked to one of the most unusual sightings of a strange creature in Ufology archives.

Journey Home:

After midnight, the Cahills were on their journey home when they first noticed the lights of a rounded craft with windows around it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Alien Abduction in Wales

Summary:

A well researched case of alien abduction comes from Wales, and well-known researcher Margaret Fry. The case involves missing time and lost memories, a typical scenario for abduction.

Multiple sightings of UFOs over the Great Orme, a legendary and mysterious mountainous region in North Wales, preceded the events of November 10, 1997 by several days. One family would have their entire lives changed within a short period of time by encountering a strange UFO.

Purple Craft:

The family was motoring on the Bodfair-Landemog highway, when without a warning, their car was overwhelmed by a purple flying object which seemed to attach itself to their car.

ufos.about.com...

Thank You for reading

Thoughts anyone??

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wow! Thank you for such an extensive list of fascinating cases. For years I had corresponded with the hypnotist who worked on the Allegash abductions case. Though I am familiar with many of the cases you brought up here, I see I have missed some and will read up on them later when time allows. Thanks for all your effort in making this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

That's the biggest flag-whoring 'copy and paste' OP I've ever seen on ATS

It'll get a zillion flags. I'm flagging it for the heck of it! What do YOU think about the cases? All those cases and no comments to make?

Pascagoula Abduction is one of my favourite cases...

Aliens or not, these guys had something highly out of the ordinary happen to them. It might remain a mystery.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

So firstly I must say sorry if this have been discussed before but I just stumbled across this article showing some of the best UFO abduction stories and thought I really had to share them with all of you as I’m sure at least some will be very interested in the stories they tell.

Also I’m not 100% sure if these have all been proven fact or fiction so someone please enlighten me.

I already said that above, i don't know much about these cases but thought it was interesting and would be interesting to alot of people here as well.

Isn't this why ATS has any posts at all, people post what is interesting to them or others.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I already said that above, idon't know much about these cases but thought it was interesting and would be interesting to alot of people here as well.

I was just making fun and it really is a flag-whoring monster. No harm there...who posts a thread and wants no flags, stars or replies? Good luck

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Great post!

I think way to many people write off alien abductions as being hallucinations or just lies. There is definitely something going on, and to accept as reality would just shatter way too many comfort barriers for a lot of people.

I think the best cases are the ones where more than one person is abducted, and both give the exact same story and are deemed to be telling the truth.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I see

i thoguht you was having a go at me for simply posting something that i find interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great post!!! I know someone on here who needs to read these

I have always like the Betty and Barney Hill case. I will look at the others too.

I personally believe in alien abductions, heck we tag animals for experiments so why wouldnt another species do it to us? I believe that some people in power know the real story about abductions and aliens but will never really let the truth be known...I dont think the majority of the world can handle it honestly. I know many people personally who would freak out but I dont think it's fair to those that have had these things happen to them to be labeled crazy and liars. Nobody really knows what happened to them but them. It takes a lot to come out and tell people aliens abducted you.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Cool thread, while I have my own opinions about what happened. It is great research and even better presentation that makes these type of events more well known and they bring ideas together for a common purpose: to find the truth. While I am skeptical of many..lol.. There are a few that I cannot explain myself and must place in that category of unknown/possible abduction by aliens. But a very well done thread and a very nice collection

Starred and Flagged.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
S+F thanks for your great contribution... don't have the time now, but I am definitely excited to sit down and read this!

- aFTeRm4Th

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join