It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture opinions on 2012.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think the idea here was to have fun with the idea of 2012, not explain the h*ll out of it. I chuckle when I think of 2012, I want to see how many people take this to the extreme. (Bomb shelters, hugh stock piles of food stored, "goin off the grid") I will watch it closely.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

"You know the world's coming to the end when the best basketball player is Chinese, the best baseball player is from the Dominican republic, the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and the most powerful people in the world names are Bush, Dick, and Colon!!"

"Apparently in 2012 it's possible that Yellowstone National Park's super-volcano will erupt. When it does the whole of North America will be wiped out... and the earths average IQ will rise dramatically" Sorry, this had to go in!!

"I've been engaged to my girlfriend for a while now and she's been constantly nagging at me to set a date for the wedding. So I finally caved ..... 22nd December, 2012"

Hahaha! those are my favourites! Maybe i should finally set a date for my wedding as the 22nd? ill float the idea to the other half - he'll probably be relieved! ;p

Thanks for the contributions everyone!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
Whats really going to be funny is when nothing happens, I'm really going to laugh my butt off

and if it does you are propbably screwed.... then a lot of people will laugh

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Actually if i does, i don't think many people will be laughing!

But i'm not a believer, so i won't laugh at either side, i probably wont even realise the date is past until christmas and go 'oh yeah - whoops'

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c4f8097be0c.gif[/atsimg]

-Probably about as close as anybody is going to get through a picture

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Apolinario Chile Pixtun says the date will not bring the end of the world - despite claims the Mayan calendar shows that time will "run out".

"I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff," he told the Daily Telegraph.

Mr Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.

I think Hollywood has something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shramana

hahaha! Love it!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

COOL !!! Is that what Iran's nuke gonna look like?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Right from the horses mouth.

Just something to spice it up.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I can't be too sure about what will/will not happen on that day, all I do know is December 21, 2012 will come and go as well as many other days after it. You see, it's a date in time,it's going to happen even if you and I are no longer here!

[align=center]

[/align]

Yep...very funny indeed! If it doesn't go terribly wrong...I will not have to shop for the next year (and a half) after it!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Just wait till you hear the Jeff Bridges/Vince Vaughn vocal harmony on their 2 minute duet. I had no idea Celine Dion had stockpiled enough cash to bribe Quincy Jones to let her sing. When Li'l Wayne hits that high note on autotune and my earballs shattered, I knew the end must be near.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by ToHoldaPigeon]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaumaturgus
The Mayan calendar is cyclical - it does not end. December 21, 2012 is the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

This information is wrong - The Long Count Calendar only has 13 b'ak'tun and does and on December 21, 2012. However, I am pretty sure the world won't end on that date, IMO. However, the following day known as December 22, 2012 to us, will be the first day of the 1st b'ak'tun in a new era/age in the Mayan Long Count Calendar. 13 b'ak'tun's equals 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf

Originally posted by Alien Mind
Whats really going to be funny is when nothing happens, I'm really going to laugh my butt off

and if it does you are propbably screwed.... then a lot of people will laugh

i'm not worried because nothing will happen.

Besides if i do die i wouldn't give a crap because i'll be dead.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fakshon

From what I have read, there seems to be some debate on whether 13 or 20 full baktuns complete a cycle (Pictun):
Debate1; Debate2

There's also this guest article from NASA:

Although some ancient inscriptions turn 13 baktuns into an important reset milestone, others imply that the calendar simply keeps running. For instance, it takes 20 baktuns to make a pictun.

www.nasa.gov...

(It's worthwhile to check out the entire section on "The Rollover" for more info.)

What's certain is that the date marks the end of a cycle of creation, and, presumably, the beginning of another.

“There will be another cycle,” Andrews says. “We know the Maya thought there was one before this, and that implies they were comfortable with the idea of another one after this.”

tulane.edu...

(You may have noticed the use of 'implication' in both external quotes - this generally means that the evidence for the position is weak, lol)

Will something significant will take place during the transition? I guess will find out in a couple of years.

[edit on February 16th, 2010 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
21 dec 2012 TPTB will crap their pants in fear, deep down in their bunkers, because it will be the end of THEIR world.

As for me I will probably having an awesome party with my friends.
But inside me I will have a compassionate thought for the very same TPBT, hoping they will be fine too, because no one deserves to die.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join