It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture opinions on 2012.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thought i'd make a post where people might want to post in some pictures/quotes related to the whole 2012 idea, i saw this one and thought of ATS

So if you have found anything interesting or funny related to 2012, post away, might take some of the stress out of it for the ones that are a little too caught up in the hype? ;p

[edit on 13/2/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Here's a little one, but makes a point!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Heh, I like that! This site could use a bit more cheer and revelry now and again... so here's my contribution to this thread... most of this content is purged but hey it's the internet... what isn't? Enjoy!

"The fireworks at the opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympics were impressive, and hard to top... but just you wait and see what Al-Qaeda got lined up for London in 2012. "

"The ancient Mayans predicted that the world will end in 2012. Didn't see the Spanish coming though did they?!. "

"You know the world's coming to the end when the best basketball player is Chinese, the best baseball player is from the Dominican republic, the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and the most powerful people in the world names are Bush, Dick, and Colon!!"

"The only thing not ending in 2012 is the DFS sale"

"Apparently in 2012 it's possible that Yellowstone National Park's super-volcano will erupt. When it does the whole of North America will be wiped out... and the earths average IQ will rise dramatically" Sorry, this had to go in!!

"In 2013, I'm going to watch 2012............And laugh."

"I've been engaged to my girlfriend for a while now and she's been constantly nagging at me to set a date for the wedding. So I finally caved ..... 22nd December, 2012"

This is old... but I love this
www.youtube.com...

And that's your lot for now... actually there isn't as many 2012 jokes as I thought there could be... I'm off to see some friends who will no doubt have one or 2 for later
Hope nothing here offended, only intend to give you a chuckle.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Pr0t0]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Epic lulz ensue

What would be funny if something did happen on that date.. then watch these boards suddenly be like a ghost town.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a 2013 calendar...PROOF that the world won't end in 2012 and a handy reminder to come back and needle the 2012ers

Ozweatherman's compiling a list of 'em. Never in history will so many people be gutted that the world hasn't ended

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59d348aaa421.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
From This Thread...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2377c8a2a76d.jpg[/atsimg]

Fun...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Like there isn't bigger rocks laying around..

Those comments make me laugh more than the date itself.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Funny stuff.

No need to argue about 2012. Most of us are going to experience it! Lets wait and see.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
blogs.discovermagazine.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 2/13/10 by Wyn Hawks]

...apparently i'm a drowning nitwit today ---- so, whats the trick to get pics to show up?...

[edit on 2/13/10 by Wyn Hawks]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I like it. This is a great thread, and as someone has already suggested, we should have more humour on the site, and laugh a little more - especially at ourselves.

Lets have a whole new forum opened up so that we can be jovial and jolly about our sometimes paranoid rantings. I think we'd all get a good kick out of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Here's a 2013 calendar...PROOF that the world won't end in 2012 and a handy reminder to come back and needle the 2012ers

Ozweatherman's compiling a list of 'em. Never in history will so many people be gutted that the world hasn't ended

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59d348aaa421.gif[/atsimg]

Three things spring to mind here:

1) People are going to be rather annoyed if the world does end in 2012 and they've just spent £6.99 on a brand spanking new 2013 calendar that will never get used.

2) People are going to be rather annoyed in 2013 when it suddenly occurs to some bright spark that the "collectors" "end of the world 2012 caldendar" is actually not a collectors edition, and certainly not worth paying $420 for on eBay.

3) There are going to be far fewer gullible virgins on 22nd December 2012, and untold numbers of ticked off non-virgins on 23rd December 2012.... he he he he.

Peace.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whats really going to be funny is when nothing happens, I'm really going to laugh my butt off

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hahaha I have to agree with everyone here.

Corporations, movies, media profiting off of people's stupidity is too funny. I will never ever in my life watch that 2012 movie that came out no matter how good it is.

It is like the 2000 bug that everyone thought the end of the world was coming.

I have no source but I believe that the modern day Mayans were telling people to stop this debacle because who else would know more of the subject than the Mayans..

Someone will now come in and protest that 2012 "prophesy" will happen because this is ATS and there are too many nutjobs that visit this site xD

[edit on 13-2-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh No! its the end of mankind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/355aee7cb40c.gif[/atsimg]

Oh wait thats just the Osmonds!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d6ffb824b05.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh No! its the end of mankind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98c489cac58.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 13-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar is cyclical - it does not end. December 21, 2012 is the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

Mayan Calendar
Baktun
Baktun and 2012

[edit on February 13th, 2010 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaumaturgus

The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation).

And this is EXACTLY why something will happen. Will it be the end of the world? Maybe. Will we all ascend? Maybe. Will there be a fake alien invasion? Maybe.

13 is the number of freemasonry. Do you honestly think they will let 13.0.0.0.0 go by without doing something? Perhaps the world will not end, and perhaps nothing good will happen, but regardless, something, whether natural or staged, either by the government or 2012 hippies going nuts, will happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
[edit on 13-2-2010 by BrownAcid]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

HA! the people that are actually dumb enough to think the world is going to end on 2012 need to read this comic and WAKE the f up. That is all!

- aFTeRm4Th

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The funny thing about prophecies and historical records (such as in the Bible, heiroglyphs, ancient texts, etc.) are that people forget to take them in context. For example, I was reading what a Haitian woman wrote about the recent earthquake. This is not exact, but you'll get the idea.

She wrote about the world looked like it was to end. Everywhere was riddled with disaster. Bodies were piled higher than buildings. Cries echoed throughout the world for those that has perished. Her family was wiped out. There were none that were unaffected by this catastrophe.

Now, if someone 5000 years from now finds that and reads it, it will sound like the entire world almost ended on that day. I'm not in any way belittling this terrible tragedy, but again, the world as we know it hardly ended. Yes, a country was devastated, and that is terrible, but I hope you see the point I'm making.

Just as with the "Great Flood", fireballs shooting from the sky and setting all the lands on fire -- it needs to be taken into context from the perspective of the person that wrote it.

The Mayans wrote in great length about the ending of one age and the beginning of another. It was tragic. It was riddled with death. It was filled with catastrophe.

What people forget is that it could have been that way where they were living, but who knows? Perhaps the rest of the world remained untouched and again it was only their perspective -- much like the woman from Haiti.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ok if we look at this with 13 as a special number. Wasn't then end of the 12th like 5000 years ago or something? Why would they wait for the last day of the 13th to take everyone out en mass? Wouldn't and couldn't they have done that 5000 years ago when it was the first day of the 13th baktun... Just really wondering why the Illuminati have this supposed huge plan for all of us.

Now the Illuminati supposedly have been around for forever or something like that. So they all just sat around going 'oh hey Bob, the myans finished their calender yesterday and guess what the 13th cycle ends on December 21st 2012AD, but hey it begins December 21 3012BC. So when should we implement that plan of taking out everyone in the world?' bob goes and checked with the elders. "OK they said we should wait till then end of the 13th cycle, the speed we are breeding we will have billions of people to kill by the end of the cycle, if we do it at the beginning of the cycle we would only have a few million. Its a nice start but those elders really want us to have a big bang of a killing spree."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join