It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Air Force Colonel Robert B. Willingham saw UFO Crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Where was the Col. based? How in the world did he think he was going to jet back to the base and hop back into another plane and land by the disk? That is not exactly flat, unencumbered territory out there.

He also flew back to the UFO with a civilian friend....

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noromyxo
Ponder the average size of reported craft. (20-30 ft. diameter?)
Where do they store their essentials ?
Food, water, air ?

We do not know what the essentials would be for any alien species or the rate said essentials would be consumed.

Radiation of all types is one of the most commonly considered hazards of space flight by our own species. Being that radar is only another type of radiation that occurs naturally throughout the universe it seems ridiculous to think that an alien spacecraft would be unable to cope with our radar signals.

Claims that radar caused ufo crashes by government officials has to be seen as part of their agenda to encourage ufos; to hide the use and testing of our own secret aircraft. In my opinion.

nice story though, I'm sure the guy just needed a buck

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well you would think space would be difficult to travel across but the most difficult is escapeing the atmosphere. And im sure as you travel through space and come along a planets the atmospheres would never be the same. So trying to travel through the atmosphere of a planet would be difficult unless you know all the variables involed and every planet would be different.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It has been suggested on other threads that there is a war going on above us between various races of ET. If in anyway true this would explain any crash on the planet.

Also as a pilot I can tell you this if it fly’s it can crash no matter how sophisticated.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
this is a fantastic story but as always it stops when it becomes interesting ( hey sorry for my english - french speaking ) : if this guy did return to the crash site well what happened after that ? what happened to the UFO ? this is all so ridiculous !! I did not look at the video till the end, maybe he talks about it ...
why cann't somebody call him on the phone and ask him that question ? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT UFO ?? no pictures ? Maybe someone living in that area or being there on vacation or so can travel to that place and look for pieces left or traces ? traces on google earth ? I don't know but what I know is that if this happened with me I would search and look and take pictures, I would return with friends to testify what we would encounter ..... it's getting time we get some evidence, some real stuff !!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I believe this colonel guy. His story sounds a lot like dear old dads, and stationed not too far from where this colonel was flying. But dear old dad. he is never going public… ever. He was telling me these craft would do some low level flying over military runways all the time . Whomever was in charge of tracking for that night controlled the radar. They would then turn it off , because they knew what kind of craft it was and where it was heading ( down the runway for a low level pass. Just because they can. ) so they turn off the radar to prevent these craft from crashing on the runways.

I asked how did you guys know what it was, and not the Russians attacking. He said the craft have a very unique radar signature of sort. I guess the technology in the 1950 for radar at that time was pretty darn good; but my dad won’t even tell me about the radar stuff. He said that’s very, very classified stuff , more than those craft. Go figure.

I also asked , would it not be better to have evidence of the craft and it’s crashing, maybe crash it on purpose. His reply, No. something you don’t need know as to why. ( this from my dad ? ) He also said these craft would also come in on a heading into the u.s. from Mexico.

This was in 1956 and continued until the early 1960’s my dad says.
Amazing his accounts of these craft and this guys are very similar. I wonder if they know each other.

First time I ever heard a story like dads. he told me this stuff only 3 years ago. only because I asked about it. I never though I would get an answer like this from him. all i can say is , They are real…..

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

what if, individually, the aliens are not as smart as a human. But, working through a collective (via telepathic communication), and having communication that happens almost instantaenously, over vast spaces, makes them more capable?

Imagine what it would have done for human history. Every single discovery known by every other person immediately, never to be forgotten (think about the Alexandria Library)?

They don't have to have superhuman intelligence, just unimaginable connections. Human knowledge is built on our predecessors. If we lost touch with what came before us, we would once again be like babes in the woods. in a "hive", with a collective mentality and intelligence, this can not happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

"I'm having difficulty picturing a 500+mp/h jet pursuing a 2000+mp/h UFO and being there when it crashed. I'm a fan of Macabee and if he finds it interesting it will be. Still, it's a hard scene to imagine.."

In the interview the pilot estimates the speed of the approaching bright light at that speed, he followed it as it began decelerate and decend to the ground. It would appear to me that somehow the electronics on board the main aircraft caused some sort of mal-function either with the hardware in the UFO or the pilot of the UFO if indeed there was one. This person is not the first credible officer to give a statement long after the event..most career servicemen were threaten with loss of retirement benifits, public humiliation and possiblily death. So you will hear more "death bed" confessions as I'm willing to beat this man has been given a year to live due to either prostratic cancer or luekemia. As retireed military my heart and respect will go with him to the grave.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by jbmitch]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

"Where was the Col. based? How in the world did he think he was going to jet back to the base and hop back into another plane and land by the disk? That is not exactly flat, unencumbered territory out there"

Post WWII era planes were often bought by veteran pilots, althought I dont think there are many veteran pilots scooting around in there own F-14 tomcat! One of these post planes was a VTOL single engine plane (tail dragger" called a "Birdog" I beleive it was made by Beechcraft it had a stall speed of about 90 mph. This would be able to land in a rough and short land trip but not sure exactly 200' long..my Dad used to fly one for the Army (when they had there own Air corp)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Wow ! The mission part of this rings true, because I know that is what was happening in the late 1950’s in the west. I heard allot stuff like that hanging out with dad at the base listening to their conversations of past missions in the late 50’s they did . As to your wondering about the pay-load most likely it was. It’s the exact same missions my dad was doing at the time. I even heard that an A-bomb fell of some sort of equipment called stratus carrier whatever that is, when it was being loaded on a B-47. like fell off completely and dropped on the tarmac from 10 feet up.

This stuff is beginning to creep me out about how similar his mission was and my dad at that time in the 50’s . the rest of the story just might be true.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It had a choice. Do I crash land on the American side or the Mexican side. LMAO! You know it didn't want to get caught on our side. We would cut it open like a fish to see how it was made.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I believe the pilot inferred it crashed in Mexico, hence being guarded by Mexican Military. Go to Google Earth 29 47 57 29 N 101 33 22.73 W

You will find a "Wash" (Dry creek or river bed) that has been disturbed. In other words it looks like someone took a bulldozer to the area within the wash. It also appears to run in a straight line. If Google is not clear enough try a program of your choosing. Its straight south of Langtry Texas, just over the border.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Nice post

These old flying saucers didn't seem very reliable or sturdy though. If they came from another world they must have been highly advanced, yet they often crashed and smashed into little pieces. Doesn't that seem odd?

Not really, or not to me anyway, you see this has been going on for longer than anyone can comprehend and at that time there were already operational groups in place to deal with these kind of things. Technology existed way before then that could shoot these things down, this thing is bigger than we all can all comprehend. Thanks to tesla, the 'group' that 'literally' ruled the world at that time were able to step it up a notch.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
the only trace I can find south of Langtry Texas along the river is at 29.45.45.45 N and 101.30.53.90 O .... but who knows what it is .... it's long and of course an old trace, but il looks like trucks did pass there also ( wheel traces ) ....

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
look at video 2.53, same kind of trace .......

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Look we don't know the technicalities of the construction, materials, operating principles..nothing. All we really do know is that they perform aerial manoeuvres that our aircraft cannot.

Ergo, they are using technology and principles of physics that we have little to no knowledge of (of course, i'm speaking 'officially'), but we discovered (unofficially) quite early on in modern ufology that aiming a high powered radar beam at these things, caused then to become highly unstable and even brought them down.

Of course, they didn't know exactly how it effected these craft, only that it did.

So, of course they used it for this purpose. I've an inkling that Haarp and other high energy beam 'weapons' are used for similar reasons and is a progression from the early 'accidental' discovery that high energy beams can offer a kind of energy shield against these unknown craft.

There has probably been highly advanced research into this effect for the last 50 or 60 years.

There are actually witnesses, who were stationed on military bases in the US and UK, and no doubt everywhere else too, that report these findings, unofficially of course.

The basic premise is/was that the radar beams interfered with or somehow partially nullified the anti-gravity beams/waves/gravitons (whatever!) that allowed the craft to operate.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

I understand being cautious in research and not coming to a conclusion about validity of sightings and so on, but why would this old bloke lie about what he witnessed?

I think accounts like these are pure gold to researchers.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I saw an interview with Colonel Philip J. Corso (then Ret., now dead), the author of The Day after Roswell, where he claimed that they were successful downing several UFOs in his time using directional radars that seemed to interfer with the UFO propultion systems in some manner.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Another "death bed" confession. he was dieing of prostrate cancer when he told all. As our astronauts die off you'll hear testimony from them and what was really seen on the moon and I space.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noromyxo
We are left with just a few scenarios:
1. They are from somewhere relatively close.
2. They are from another dimension.
3. Their technology is so advanced that they can travel vast distances
almost instantaneously.( In which case they may even be from another
galaxy.)
4. They are US !

Anyone have another theory ?

I like scenario 1. The Cometa report talks of different explanations and one of them is that there is a space ark located in our asteroid belt. The saucers wizzing around on earth are scouts ships sent from the ark. In this scenario faster than light travel or worm holes are not a prerequisite. It's a neat and compelling explanation, somewhat grounded yet a bit wild

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join