It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano-chaser braves some of Earth's most dangerous situations to capture amazing photos of violen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Volcano-chaser braves some of Earth's most dangerous situations to capture amazing photos of violent eruptions

www.dailymail.co.uk

Most people would think themselves unlucky if they passed a volcano as it erupted, but this counts as a good day at the office for one photographer.

Martin Rietze is part of a select group of volcano-chasers who seek out the exploding phenomena, and braves huge electric storms and boiling lava to get the perfect shots.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - To Fix URL.

[edit on Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:47:46 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I was just wondering how this could be explained, considering i had asked the other day if there was any possibility that the suns flares could actually determine weather, earthquakes, and volcanoes given either in the way of an electrical or gravitational effect? The answer was pretty negative to say the least.
What is funny though is this-
Why would there be lightening in one of the pictures?
Maybe those that are too quick with the negativity may want to slow down a bit before they make assumptions.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1250148/Volcano-chaser-braves-worlds-violent-eruptions-perfect-shots.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Awesome pictures! thanks for sharing.

The one with the blue glowing lava is spectacular! I wonder why it glows blue? anyone?

As for the lightning coming from the volcano. Here's the explaination:

The newfound bolts join two other types of volcanic lightning, McNutt said: Large, spectacular "natural fireworks" that sometimes accompany eruptions and an intermediate type, which shoots up from a volcano's vents and reaches a length of about 1.8 miles (3 kilometers). Both types of bigger, more obvious bolts occur when water droplets and ice particles interact with the volcano's plume of electrically charged ash, creating a sort of "dirty thunderstorm," McNutt said (see pictures of Redoubt Volcano's large lightning storms).

From source:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d92305329ca.jpg[/atsimg]

What an awesome picture. Never seen this before and I found out what it is.
It's a river of molten Sulphur. amazing.

When burned, sulfur melts to a blood-red liquid and emits a blue flame which is best observed in the dark.

from wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Amazing, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The second image on the site is stunning, the blue sky, the light of the fire/magma emitting from the hole, great! Now that's what I call a dream job, although dangerous one nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To be honest i couldnt believe my eyes at first i never seen lightening on a volcano before, cool pic with the liquid sulphur too.
So we can safely say that there is an electrical element to volcanoes?

new topics

top topics

join