It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to eliminate pain and misfortune from your life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I am finding that this works for me. I would like to share. This process is very simple. It is a way of looking at things combined with a mental excercise.

Very often, philosophical or mystical explanations describe things just as well, but no better than purely mundane explanations. It is possible this method might be nothing more than a mental excercise. Or it might be how things really work. But it doesn't really matter so long as the method itself works. It's not important to a patient whether he's given medication or a placebo...so long as his condition improves.

So rather than spending energy debating whether the underlying concept is accurate or not, why not simply try it to see if it benefits you?

Here is the idea:

Imagine yourself, your being, as existing in a number of layers. You have a physical body. But that is not all that you are. You are also emotion. But that is also not all you are. And you have a mind. But even that is not all you are. And, there may yet be other "parts" of you beyond your mind that you are not directly aware of. Imagine these various parts of your being as laying along a vertical line. Physical at the bottom, then emotional, then mental...and above that, another portion of yourself that you may or may not be directly aware of.

Now, imagine that this portion of your being above the mental level is sending "messages" down through to the rest of you. These messages are ideas. Ideas that some portion of you would like to learn. These ideas are delivered first to your mind. Your mind might or might not choose to do anything with these ideas. Or it might use only some of them. Whatever portion is unused continues on down the line to your emotional self, where again, any portion from none to all might be used. And once again, anything that remains unused continues downward on to the physical portion of your being. But...there is no more further down to go. so anything that makes it this far, is used whether or not you really want it to be.

Any part of the message that makes it to the physical level then manifests in whatever way is most appropriate for the message. But just like placing your hand on a hot stove allows you to learn not to touch hot stoves...many of the messages intended to help you learn manifest in ways that are unpleasant.

But while your hand may hurt, and your heart may ache, your mind does not feel pain.

So the answer is simple. Absorb and make use of these messages completely at the mental level.

However, this mental level is not verbal. Thoughts in words are an entirely learned phenomenon. The portion of you that is sending messages does not speak in words any more than your heart or your body speak in words. So don't analyze in words. Don't think in words. Simply observe your mental self and accept ideas into your mind with the intent to complety make use of them there. Catch and use these non-verbal messages at a purely mental level where they cannot cause your heart to ache or your body to bleed.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Incidentally, to give credit to the source of these inspirations, I direct you to The Law of One.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hey great post, I have found the law of one to be of such great help it has literally changed my life and am always interested in others interpretations. I particularly like how you said dont think in words, I am still doing this alot. Words are so cumbersome and clumsy im in awe of the way Ra chose the best "vibratory sound complexes" to convey such a divine message, while at first I found some of their words strange to say the least upon great contemplation I see they chose exactly the right words all along.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm going to flag and reply to this this thread purely because I think positive topics deserve more positive attention. I'll have to read this in more detail later and give it a go.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hi!

First, many thanks for an enlightening post. A little story concerning this.

When I was young (quite a time ago) I was out on a shooting trip in Australia. During the day we all stopped at a country pub where without me realising it, my 'mates' were lacing my drinks...with vodka.

On leaving the pub I didn't know what hit me but I had a 'revelation' - that we are spirit, mind and body - in a descending or as you say 'vertical' order. Not exactly the same but a similar principle. At the time it was so clear and obvious.

Which led me to Carl Jung.... but that's another story!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Your on the right track. Definitely this is the first step in realizing you are in control of your own destiny.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! I definitely want to know more. I will take time to read and absorb all the information on the link you provided.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If you guys are interested, you should check out astral projection, which is a way to induce out of body experiences through meditation. It is very arguable that it may be just biological, however even if it is, it is still a great experience and would be like taking control of your dreams. The meditation alone and peacefullness of the experiences really helps with clear thinking, and reducing stress. A great way to eliminate pain and misfortune from your life.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

new topics

top topics

join