It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day After Tomorrow Theory >

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Do you think global warming can prevent one hazard that is devastating in our life time? If so which weather hazard do you think could happen?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
huh? want to reword that?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm convinced that a lot of what is in Day After Tomorrow will happen but over a longer timescale and there's lots of evidence to back this up.

However, I don't feel that global warming is primarily down to human activitiy (although it sure hasn't helped). The earth goes through long cycles of warming and cooling and we're still currently on an upward arc out of the last major ice age which only ended 15,000 years ago or so.

It is inevitable that the earth will continue to get warmer and warmer and we just have to adapt to those changes. I believe this would have occurred even if the industrial revolution had not happened and we hadn't ourselves produced any global warming gases over the last couple of hundred years.

Even if we were to stop all activity that allegedly contributes to global warming tomorrow (and I think we should, though because of the dangers of pollution and toxins rather than warming) there's no way off this climatological roller coaster and there never will be.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
global warming = one big load of donkey crap!

think of ot like this... how long has humanity been studying weather and the earth scientifically? the past 150 years, tops. how long has the earth been around? over 4 billion years. so how can we say what "global warming" is or "trends in the weather" are? we can't... look at simple weather forecasts even. how accurate are they? not very past like 36 hours. my point? we know not nearly nough about anything to say the earth is warming or cooling.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I saw the day after tommorrow when it came out which was yesterday. I also encourage everyone to see it, only because the special effect were sick. I mean totally WTF :! In one scene there were like 9 twisters. The satelite images from the people in the space station looking down on earth were insane. It had everything a good movie should have (SPECIAL EFFECTS every minute). The Special effects were a lot better than Matrix 2. The only downside was that it lacked in storyline, the matrix got people thinking, this is straight forward.

Interesting quotes: "Save as many as you can," and what the Vice President said as President at the end of the movie (amazing way of ending a movie, unlike Extraordinary gentleman which had a fire scene). If they played "Iron Maiden: dance of death" during the fire scene at the end of extraordinary gentleman, then that would have made a good ending.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I haven't seen the movie yet, because there's no movie theaters in nearby Pahrump. Art Bell (my neighbor as the raven flies) co-authored the book the movie went by.

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Piture this a big loop we are at the end getting ready to snap back

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday and I�ve got to tell you that it was one of the worst movies I ever had the misfortune of seeing. If I wasn�t with a group of people I would have walked out in the first 30 minutes.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
think of ot like this... how long has humanity been studying weather and the earth scientifically? the past 150 years, tops..

But layers of rock and stuff indicate what the weather was like a million years ago, doesnt it? We know where glaciers passed through and stuff like that.

new topics

top topics

join