Bank Of America Forecloses On House Couple Paid Cash For

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I cosigned a mortgage for my parents with BOA.I paid off the loan 3 years later.After both my parents passed,I took a loan with a hard money lender.I applied at BOA first,the manager took my app then recieved my credit score.A score of 496,4 points short of a decent score.10 minutes later that score went to zero,innsuffecient credit history.As the hard lender was doing my paper work,BOA came up, 15 years after I paid them off,they still had a lien on my house.If my parents did not have a son,BOA would have ended up with it.In less than a year the home I grew up in went from a 456,000 appraisal to 236,000 appraisal.No more preparing for the end for me.I am looking forward to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I wonder if that's true anymore. Now that in the US corporations are classed as a person and so on can someone now have to face jail time if they infact were brought up on charges of B&E or some other offense that included jail time for said offence.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME...

Out of the blue, I received a final demand for payment by Desjardin Insurance, making it clear that they will go to court and trash my credit rating if I don't pay their insurance premium.

The thing is, until I received the letter, I had never even heard of them.

I have never spoken to any of their salesmen, never even listened to a sales pitch and never signed on any dotted line, never even taken a life insurance policy OF ANY SORT from them ro anyone else in the last 20 years.

THey are insisting the contract, that I have never even seen stands.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME...

Out of the blue, I received a final demand for payment by Desjardin Insurance, making it clear that they will go to court and trash my credit rating if I don't pay their insurance premium.

The thing is, until I received the letter, I had never even heard of them.

I have never spoken to any of their salesmen, never even listened to a sales pitch and never signed on any dotted line, never even taken a life insurance policy OF ANY SORT from them ro anyone else in the last 20 years.

THey are insisting the contract, that I have never even seen stands.

Call the contact number listed, record the call. Inform the contact you are dealing with that you are recording the call. If that contact refuses to agree to a recorded call, or even if that contact agrees to recorded call, do what you can to get that contacts first and last name, employee identification number and the name of any and all supervisors involved.

Do your due diligence in gaining as much information as possible from those who are extorting you, so that you may file your verified complaint properly. That complaint will be for the crime of extortion. Make clear to the contact you are talking to that extortion is a very serious crime and it is your duty as a law abiding citizen to inform them of the serious nature of this crime, and that if they do not cease and desist immediately with their actions it will be your responsibility to file a verified complaint against them.

If relaying this information does not stop the criminal activity going on, then go to your Sheriff's Department and file a verified complaint against the individuals who are extorting you.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It seems to me this case goes well beyond tort law and civil suits, and has ventured into criminal law, and the couple should go to the Sheriff's Department and file a verified complaint, for illegal trespass, theft of property, and obstruction of justice.

And when they lose b ecause it really is a civil case of trespass, conversion and abuse of process,n BoA sues them and wins. Better avice is for everyone reading this thread who has any deposits in BoA, pull them, and loudly tell the branch manager why.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

It seems to me this case goes well beyond tort law and civil suits, and has ventured into criminal law, and the couple should go to the Sheriff's Department and file a verified complaint, for illegal trespass, theft of property, and obstruction of justice.

And when they lose b ecause it really is a civil case of trespass, conversion and abuse of process,n BoA sues them and wins. Better avice is for everyone reading this thread who has any deposits in BoA, pull them, and loudly tell the branch manager why.

Exactly, that IS the solution, everyone needs to withdraw, and deposit their money in a mid-level bank (as mentioned by a previous poster), or neighborhood bank.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Based on the facts of the article it is not anything close to a case that B of A could win, let alone turn around and sue the couple who have been victimized by that bank and the cowardice shown by your remark is intolerable. It is fine to advise what you have but I have news for you, I stopped doing business with banks years ago, so you people are behind the times, way behind the times.

If this couple paid for their house with cash, and paid in full, then B of A had no authority, no excuse, and justification what-so-ever to "foreclose" on this couple and their actions were criminal, and it is outrageous that someone would suggest this couple should not do the proper thing and have justice put in because of their own personal cynical view that people are helpless and slaves to corporate masters. Please! This couple should do their duty as free people and have these thieves put in jail, then sue them for all they can get.

The money this couple would get in a civil suit would go a long way in easing the suffering that was caused but it would hardly be noticeable at all to the criminal B of A, but have people imprisoned for this action, and that will get noticed! That will send a clear and strong message to these criminal banking institutions that their criminal activities will not be "settled" out of court, they will not be tolerated, and they will be treated like any other common thief!

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

You are seriously deluded if you believe all the nonsense written in your post! What you wrote is recipe for being viewed as completed misguided and having no credibility whatsoever.

[edit on 2/14/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Stay classy BOA!
Talk about making a couple's lives a living HELL.

Charlie and Maria Cardoso are among the millions of Americans who have experienced the misery and embarrassment that come with home foreclosure. Just one problem: The Massachusetts couple paid for their future retirement home in Spring Hill with cash in 2005, five years before agents for Bank of America seized the house, removed belongings and changed the locks on the doors, according to a lawsuit the couple have filed in federal court.

I hope they have a darn good lawyer.

The bank had an incorrect address on foreclosure documents — the house it meant to seize is across the street and about 10 doors down — but the Cardosos and a Realtor employed by Bank of America were unable to convince the company that it had the wrong house, the suit states.

Charlie Cardoso is an unemployed construction worker, and his wife is disabled. They paid $139,000 for the three-bedroom pool home in the tidy neighborhood a few blocks south of Spring Hill Drive, records show. It was Charlie's life savings, the complaint says.

"Their own real estate agent told them, and nevertheless Bank of America steamrolled right ahead," said Joseph deMello, an attorney in Taunton, Mass., who is representing the couple. "This is a nightmare for anyone, and it affected my hard-working clients a lot."

Source

A Little History Of Bank America

Bailout in one hand, wrong house in the other.

If I was Bank of America, I would settle and settle quick for enough money that would satisfy them. The issue isn't if BOA was wrong, they where its how much they should pay for their mistake. The companies own Realtor was being ignored and that shows disregard of the facts. Here's what everyone should think about, their employee tells them that they have made a mistake in taking that home and they decide after the information showed to them and such that their agent is wrong and they are right. They should sue the crap out of them, Imagine if you came home one day to find out that your locks are changed and items in the house are packed away and/or sold and for them to take so long to figure out the mistake by itself is horrible. You would be going nuts to get your house back and also making sure they pay for their arrogance.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The home owners shouldn't be too upset. After their lawyers get through with BoA, they'll never have to work a day in their lives again. Considering how angry people are with the banks right now, anyway, I doubt any jury is going to have the slightest bit of sympathy for this 'mistake' by BoA, nor should they have any.

Yes, but didn't they lose all of their stuff??

No money in the world could replace some things in life. Photos, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever voluntarily leave a house in these situations

All the stuff they have is illegal anyway they send debits and credits around with a few strokes of a keyboard its sooo illegal

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I did a Loan Mod Agreement with BoA on 1-24-08. From the time I originally took out the loan in 1999, the balance went down about 5k. In the new Mod, after late fees and escrow fees from forced flood, the amount was 2.5k more than the original taken out in 1999.

So I'm keeping up on payments now for almost 2 years. Not 1 late payment.The strange thing is that during the 2 years my principal didn't go down 1 cent. All my payments went to interest.

10-21-09 I get this letter in the mail from BoA, stating that they are pleased to have me as a BoA customer and are excited to introduce me to BoA Home Loans.
The next sentence they want to let me know that the servicing of my BoA mortgage will transfer to their subsidiary, BAC Home Loans Servicing,LP as of 11-06-09. They then issue me a new Loan #. So I go along with this.

Then 11-24-09 I get a letter from BAC Home Loans saying they are a debt collector; and telling me I owe an amt 7k more than the original loan in 1999. I paid 2 yrs on time and they tacked on 4.5k, and still my balance was the same as the Loan Mod 2 yrs prior.
It also said the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed is CIG HFI 1st LIEN MORTGAGE and to please note that BAC services my loan on behalf of my creditor. So now I wonder what the heck is going on and who is the creditor. It also said I had 30 days to write a letter to dispute the validity of the debt.
I called and they said they see the problem and will fix it.

12-7-09 I get a Certified Letter from BAC with the Title of NOTICE OF INTENT TO ACCELERATE. They told me that if I did not make the default payment by 1-6-10 they will FORECLOSE. They said basically if the amount I paid was a penny short, they would keep the money and FORECLOSE also. Then they said they would enter the property and conduct inspection. It said if I didn't cure the default prior to inspection, other actions to protect their interest in the property, such as winterization, securing property, and valuation services, may be taken and the costs of the above described inspections and property preservation efforts will becharged to my account as well.
Now the funny part. The balance they said I owed was ($2,338.41). I called them up and told the guy to cut me a check for that amount so I wouldn't be in default.
The guy, Steve, said he had to check and put me on hold. He comes back and tells me that it's a good thing for me. He said I owed about 8k and I have 11k in the holdings?!? which means I have 3k in my account.
I told him I don't owe anything, let alone 8k, and that he made no sense to me. Then I asked when do I get this 3k and why did my principal not go down. He said they will leave my principal balance the same and I will get a interest reduction break. I said when. He said in a national emergency. I said, I don't think so dude.
Then he looks and says, Wait a sec. You have an interest only loan. I asked him what the hell was that? He said that all my money will always go toward interest. So I asked him if any will ever go to principal and he said no. I asked him what kind of moron would do that type of loan and never own the home. He said my loan was that way since its inception in 1999. I told him it wasn't.
I asked him to look at the Mod copy. It not only states a maturity date 30 yrs later but it also reflected that 5k was paid off from its original 1999 date. So, I asked him how can it be interest free loan.
He said, this is odd. He said it was marked interest only but that it wasn't possible for the 30 yr mortgage.

He said he would get it fixed. Now I got a notice showing I owe $4,400 in escrow.

Also, they did make the change to reflect the correct principal balance but just by lowering my fictitious escrow bal. Also right at Tax time. My 2009 mortgage interest statement said they gave me a refund of $277, which sucked for taxes. Also on the statement it showed my ending prin bal as the amt before they fixed it?! Can they lie on that Fed form?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It is easy to represent yourself, our get a knowledgeable friend to help you. If you are right and they were, the win is easy. Use the Sheriff, that is why he is elected and he is there for us.

Produce the original NOTE, that's it, they can't, it's your home. Done.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by noah1111

What a nightmare!

Here's to hoping you get that all cleared up.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Maybe you need to go to law school as I did, then I found out what really is going on and dropped out. BAR is the British Accredited Registry.

Do some research, all lawyers, judges, attorneys, prosecutors and the like are ALL traitors. There are a few lawyers who have turned their back on the BAR and rightfully so, but not enough of them. The BAR gives you a card, not a license, that is derived from someone "hiring you", I won't go into all the detail here but this couple could have OWNED the bank and then half the town. Stupid really.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join