It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lizard in my room, really.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
He/She is captured and has water and tiny crickets to eat. I found him again today after that last post. He was so still, I thought he was dead. But we caught him. If he is someones pet he travelled a long way. I can let him go once it gets in the 60s with sunshine.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Novise]
From your description of the lizard in your first post I will make an assumption, the lizard is probably a green (common) anole which used to be sold in Woolworth Dime Stores as an American Chamelion. This identification is based upon a guess that you live in the American South East such as South Carolina or Georgia. These lizards have little fear of humans and do become great pets with the feeding of crickets and a little vegetation such as fresh lettuce. They also appreciate a heat rock for when it gets cold. Ideal habitat is a 10gallon fish tank with a weighted screen top. Hope that this helps.We used to have these in officers housing on Parris Island, SC and at Fort Gordon and they helped keep the roaches and palmetto bugs under control.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by taltos]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join