It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adios Muchachos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was about a month ago when it all happened. There was a storm the likes I have never experienced, our house had the high ground, but people were flooded to the brim, our city was lucky that it was planned community, but what about the others who did not have proper storage drains, were they going to parish in the hellish environment?

I was struck by this “storm” moment as an unnamable event; such passion was in that storm that I felt like I was on a set in Universal Studios back lot. Eventually, the storm reached a height of unprecedented power and my Father and I, noticed that our Golden Firs were about to be swept into our salt water pool. We had to save the tree and the pool from future calamity. We braved the storm and lifted the tree to safety with quick knots and feverish recklessness.

The tree was saved.

From here on out, the story gets a little dramatic and hurtful, however the only thing that matters now is that we have golden sun in Southern California, and those many days of sunshine are not only do for us, but due for the rest of America as well.

Take care,
The Dude

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure what your Op has to do with anything. I don't really see a point to it at all. Can you tell me why it is posted in The Gray Area?

IRM

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I'm not sure what your Op has to do with anything. I don't really see a point to it at all. Can you tell me why it is posted in The Gray Area?

IRM

S&F to you for bringing up a very good point

*edit*

I actually agree with all of your perspectives InfaRedMan, Great post!!!

...sorry, i think my sarcasm is showing

You may have actually debunked this thread. To the [HOAX!] forum.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by H4W4II4N_PUNCH

Gee thanks for the flag!

... and the sarcasm!

IRM

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, the title is a very great saying - that alone made me read it instead of any other topic. One of my childhood friends Jim always said that to me before we parted, RIP
The intesity of storms is something to keep an eye on, we had a fairly dull period in 2009, but then everything was a little quiet on atmospheric front. 2008 heralded some very powerful storms across the UK. But then, I wouldn't know the slightest of the true ferocity of some storms. I've been to America once and never seen rain like I saw on the highways near New York. So, I hope you found a safe place for the Tree. I found my parents recently cut down my favourite tree in my childhood garden, I am devestated. I guess this stuff is in the gray area because it's a bit whack, but hey, just thinking about my tree for the sake of this thread really gets me down. :'( So it's good to vent this stuff.

Funnily enough, as soon as I hit 20 posts my first thread will be about trees. Thanks for the inspiration!

top topics

join