It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufactured Controversy Backfires As Vast Majority Back Medina, Attack Glenn Beck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Friday, February 12, 2010
The attack dog corporate media, in cahoots with loathsome phony neo-con crybaby Glenn Beck, are once again attempting to manufacture reality by smearing Debra Medina for expressing a view shared by the vast majority of Americans in an effort to purge her from the Texas gubernatorial race.
Fox News blowhard Glenn Beck attempted to set up Medina on his radio show yesterday by asking her if she believed the U.S. government was involved in 9/11.
“I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard,” Medina said. “There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there, so I have not taken a position on that.”
Medina’s response was measured and even less vehement that than six of the ten 9/11 commissioners, who have all gone on the record to discuss how the government lied about the official story.
Furthermore, in merely refusing to completely accept the official version of events, Medina stands firmly with the majority of Americans. An October 2006 CBS/New York Times poll found that only 16% of Americans thought the government told the truth about 9/11 and the intelligence prior to the attacks. Medina is in agreement with no less than 84% of Americans who do not readily accept the official story as true.
Callers to 570 KLIF were unanimous in their response to the non-issue, agreeing that Medina’s answer was perfectly acceptable, accurate, and that they wouldn’t change their vote for her.
The following clip is astounding in the fact that it completely unveils how the establishment media has once again brazenly tried, but failed, to dictate reality by claiming that Medina’s campaign is now over, despite the fact that the vast majority of Texans completely agree with her position on 9/11.

Full Article

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i'm voting for Medina.....beck is an idiot, and his buddy , co-host, they were very unskilled at the methods they wanted to discredit her with. real fricking rookies, i swear....and i like beck....or did

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Awesome.

I'm glad that people are realizing that Glen Beck is full of it. I don't even know much about Medina...but what he did was ridiculous.

He screams about corruption yet completely ignores someone QUESTIONING CORRUPTION.

He's a jackass. I hope it hurts him.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Callers to 570 KLIF were unanimous in their response to the non-issue,
agreeing that Medina’s answer was perfectly acceptable, accurate, and
that they wouldn’t change their vote for her.

My impression is that between the group of people who would be offended by her answer, and the group of people who would be thrilled by her answer, the group that would be thrilled probably contains a greater percentage of people who would go out of their way to vote because of her answer.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Did his ratings drop, or am I readin wrong?

tvbythenumbers.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I was in Rockwall listening to 570 when this went down.

I have (in the past) defended Beck. I have said that he "kisses" the hand that feeds him so that he can get info out to us.

Well, I was wrong.

Medina was like a lamb to slaughter. She (and likely WE) thought, "hey, this dude backs TEA parties! This will be great free publicity!" Beck was (lightly put) deceitful. He's on the list of sell outs now!

Well, yes and no. the sheeple that liked her may change. Those that can breath without being kicked in the chest are FOUR SQUARE BEHIND HER NOW!

The way Beck blatantly endorsed Gov. "Goodhair" was amazing!

I wasnt up early enough to hear him but I understand that Jeff Bolton (mornings) the next day mentioned that Pat Gray is connected to Perry.

I like the saying I heard. "They only turn loose with the flack when your over the target!

GIVEM HELL DEBBIE!

[edit on 13/2/10 by felonius]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This episode with Debra Medina has been wonderful for her campaign and it showed Beck completely misreading his audience in Texas and elsewhere.

I imagine someone in the Perry/Hutchison campaign (in the singular) are frantically telling Beck to shut up and forget about trying to trash Debra Medina.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Perry has the backing of Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. This will win for him.

Medina has the ability to win the rest of the state, but KBH will likely take most of it (including Dallas/Ft. Worth, i think).

West Texas is likely to go to Perry.

He has destroyed our state, i think. Our roads are worse than Oklahomas. YES, THAT'S RIGHT, OKLAHOMA!!! It is a damned shame. I want my great state to get back to being a great state.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't watch any of these people, like Beck, because everything they say is mostly opinionated rhetoric. They're paid to to be the mouth piece to report the opinions of those that write their checks.

There's no such thing as unbiased, honest, bare boned journalism anymore.

It's obvious that Glen Beck had a nefarious agenda to smear Medina in attempt to derail her candidacy with the voters.

I didn't like Medina at first. I watched the debates on television and she never said anything that really blew my skirt. I'm in the process of running my own campaign, so I haven't spent a lot of time focusing on the Governors Race.

Thanks to fellow Texans like Felonius and Lemon.Fresh, I have been intrigued into doing my bit of research into the candidates and the platforms and issues that they want to address. By doing so, I have come to like Medina as the candidate for governor.

However, there is something that she keeps preaching on that just hasn't settled right with me yet. She wants to eliminate property taxes. Now, it sounds like a nifty idea, but I wonder just how much money is Texas going to lose without these taxes. Where is the money going to come from to make up the difference? The money to fund the states operating budget has to come from somewhere, so it's not like we're just going to be saved financialy by not having to pay taxes on property.

Cigarette tax, road tax, school tax, DMV tax, sales tax, alcohol tax, utilities tax .... The money is going to have to me made up somewhere. Otherwise, we're just shooting holes into the bottom of our boat and hoping like hell that the water doesn't notice.

Sorry to get off topic ....

GLEN BECK IS A PRICK!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

If you remember after this unfolded there was a caller that hit the nail dead on the head.
Beck is supporting Perry alright, but it has nothing to do with being governor because Perry is obviously looking at a 2012 Presidential run.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Is it safe to assume your a Perry supporter? Austin is a liberal city. When Texas voted for bush Austin voted democrat. Both Times! If Houston is supporting anyone as a city then they would be supporting their former Mayor Bill White. Everyone knows Dallas is KBH territory.

What makes Medina so special?

She can cross every party line and appeal to the Texan nature of Texas.

Even Glenn Becks personal 912 pet project rejected their leaders commands and continued to endorse Medina. That says alot doesn't it. She can keep her supporters but he can't keep his.
Bottom line is that the GOP primary is going into extra innings April 12. Heck she might even knock it out of the park if the internet polls are right. All the mainstream polls have her tied with or near Hutchinson but every "one vote" internet poll has her winning by majority.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I heard about this the next morning on Fox and Friends. Even after showing Medina speak, Allison Camerota says something about Medina taking this position, when Medina herself said she has not taken a position. So yes, this caught my eye.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Is it safe to assume your a Perry supporter? Austin is a liberal city. When Texas voted for bush Austin voted democrat. Both Times! If Houston is supporting anyone as a city then they would be supporting their former Mayor Bill White. Everyone knows Dallas is KBH territory.

What makes Medina so special?

She can cross every party line and appeal to the Texan nature of Texas.

Even Glenn Becks personal 912 pet project rejected their leaders commands and continued to endorse Medina. That says alot doesn't it. She can keep her supporters but he can't keep his.
Bottom line is that the GOP primary is going into extra innings April 12. Heck she might even knock it out of the park if the internet polls are right. All the mainstream polls have her tied with or near Hutchinson but every "one vote" internet poll has her winning by majority.

sorry, thought i was pretty clear in my disdain for Mr. Hairdo. I would rather have Kinky Friedman, to be honest (shudder).

Medina is the only candidate that hasn't ruined my trust. That is the only thing 'special" about her. I know KBH. Not personally, but being a 38 year old Texan, you know the local political types. She is no less slimey than Perry. But between the two, i will take KBH over Perry anyday.

I just think his political machine may be too strong. She is a tough biddy, but i don't think she can beat Perry. I am hoping Medina at least pushes the race out of his hands....we will see.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by felonius

If you remember after this unfolded there was a caller that hit the nail dead on the head.
Beck is supporting Perry alright, but it has nothing to do with being governor because Perry is obviously looking at a 2012 Presidential run.

Word is that it might be Perry/Palin 2012

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Dig a little deeper. She wants to start taxing things that are not taxed and not necessities (limo services, etc.) and possibly add a one time tax to the cost of the property.

Also raising the sales tax from 8.25 to about 8.5-8.75% would totally cover the property taxes, and would be fair for everyone involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Perry has the backing of Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. This will win for him.

Medina has the ability to win the rest of the state, but KBH will likely take most of it (including Dallas/Ft. Worth, i think).

West Texas is likely to go to Perry.

He has destroyed our state, i think. Our roads are worse than Oklahomas. YES, THAT'S RIGHT, OKLAHOMA!!! It is a damned shame. I want my great state to get back to being a great state.

I would not be so sure.

Word around the net is that Democrats are on a mission to get rid of Perry once and for all. Rumor has it that the Democrats in Houston and Austin are going to use their Primary vote to vote for Medina (since White has such a commanding lead, and it is constantly growing, he will likely not need a Primary). This will boost Medina's numbers, quite possibly over the 50% mark, giving her the outright win.

Everyone is basically sick of Perry.

The goal is to oust Perry and have a race between White and Medina., from what I hear, anyways.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

well, lets hope they succeed. I am sick of seeing toll roads in texas. It just isn't the way we should do things down here.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I will tell you this much . . .

If Medina fails, my vote is going to Bill White.

It will be painful, but I am tired of Perry.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Medina leads in unbiased polls

In the most recent poll done by a media outlet NOT owned by one of Rick Perrys top campaign contributors, Medina came out ahead by 31% followed by Perry with Hutchinson in dead last.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This whole thing was mach ado about nothing, if you actually listened to the interview or read the transcript.

From the transcript:

Glenn: . . . Do you believe the government was any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?

MEDINA: I don't, I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't.

Looks even more like Beck went in with an agenda.

Bastard

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join