It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please virus scan any CD's/Media that are handed to you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
OP, i have a question. which mall as this at, and to be more specific, what city/state?

I cant believe you destroyed the evidence though. that would of been a good key on who the developer was. you know that hackers always leave a signature or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

You're not really worthy of being known
as a techie or computer nerd until

Forgive my cynicism, but isn't aspiring to be known as a computer nerd aiming a bit...low?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have a 16 GB flash drive that i keep a copy of important doc on.
there hidden and encrypted with TrueCrypt but a have some open files on the drive.

One is listed as credit card numbers this is in-case someone tries to use this flash drive.

The file is pure virus, malware. and a phone home program.
since this file is backup and never leaves home the only way it would be opened by someone else would be if someone broke in and took it.

And if there Internet connected i will pay them a visit with the cops.

The best thing about Linux is you can download malware and copy it without problems but windows can not.
Many people copy things with Linux and give to friends that play it on windows.
Then wonder why there friends get mad at them.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I would much rather use a Linux based OS .. but I haven't found one that will support Adobe Studio CS4.

Anyone know of one?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Any Linux Distro running Wine or Cedgea (not free) will run it. Wine is a Windows emulation software.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

this terminal does not go to any websites but ATS, and so far this year we have havested 4 really good bugs ... not your avg. bring you down kind but can opener bugs. thank you Arlington, VA. bugs work both ways.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

about the best out there right now is for FREE.
www.superantispyware.com *free verison
free.avg.com *call your local computer guy he will walk you to the free.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I work as a Tech Support rep at a major computer store,

Rule #1 Back up, back up backup...

Rule #2 Never install anything with out scanning for viruses...

Rule #3 Beware of free anything, if you plan to use it see rules 1 & 2

And to the OP, you weren't at all concerned with nuking a cd, that may have a foil backed label???

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

well your behind the time boss, NOD32 is a excellent product and you can do a free virus scan at www.eset.com .... but the price is steep for there products and AVG is Free so, AVG is a better overall solution.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For Linux it's hard to beat Ubuntu (Karmic Koala) for hard drive install.
(Net Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio seem to run slower)
For a thumb drive, the current version of Knoppix is real nice (compiz fusion) and Mandriva is kinda purdy.

I unhack Microsoft junk with Malwarebytes after the fact, and have folks run spybot's immunization as a front door preventative. Just turn off the anti virus in winblows security center.

I probably would have drove back to the mall and gave CD-Boy a reason to call 911. I have a pc in my car that might have caught it sooner (if I had set it up, but it boots on compact flash....unprotected other than firewall

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redeyedwonder

And to the OP, you weren't at all concerned with nuking a cd, that may have a foil backed label???

Just currious...
Why be concerned? I suppose it might arc burn your eyes if you stare at the arcs.
It won't hurt the microwave transmitter.

[edit] My wife just asked me why the op did not just snap it in half.

I told her cause he is a man and therefore likes to destroy things in a grand fashon.

I will never forget the day I put pops gold leaf covered rifle match winning mug in there....Dad was like...Turn it off! Turn it off!
Slappie 1....gold leaf 0
sry pop

[edit on 13-2-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

Just wondering...

We had an employee at work the other day try to reheat some arby's in the microwave, sure it made pretty colors, but it also blew open the door, and destroyed the microwave oven. You must have an industrial strength oven.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join