It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"Saying that body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslim-American groups are supporting a “fatwa” – a religious ruling – that forbids Muslims from going through the scanners at airports."

Good thing we have them, huh?

I suppose authorities could just ask them if they're terrorists or if they're carrying any explosives but then there's the whole profiling thing. Regardless, it probably wouldn't be too effective.

For what it's worth, I'm not one of those paranoiac idiots who thinks every Muslim is a terrorist but since some are, it kind of defeats the purpose of having the scanners to begin with. If everyone can't be scanned, nobody should be scanned. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Of course they don't want to go through the scanners...

That is how you see the BOMBS!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Graybeard

I guess they better invest in really good walking shoes and swimwear.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, our government doesnt recognize any other religion anyways so why would they change stuff for religion now... goodluck guys!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

“fatwa” – a religious ruling – that forbids Muslims from going through the scanners at airports."

Well that might keep the buggers out and improve employment prospects for the rest of us.

I'm now all for having scanners on every doorway, and if Hamed is reading this - don't bother with threatening me I couldn't give a crap and don't scare easy.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What a surprise! Is there anything
that does apply to Islam? You can't
draw a picture or you're threatened
with death.
You cannot ask a Muslim woman
to unveil to take a picture
for a drivers liscence because you
violate her religous ideaology, even
though it makes perfect sense

You cannot write anything that
criticizes Islam even though they
for the most part criticize any other
religion.

Now body scanners violate their
overly sensative outlook even though
from the late 70's till now I cannot think of
any airplane hijacking, bombing
that did not have to do with
Islam, Palestinians or those trained
by the PLO ( Red Army Faction,
Baeder-Mienhoff).

I despise all religions so this is not
about these idiotic religous crap that
is a constant, but it is about common
sense and equal treatment. If I have
to go through a scanner, so does any
and all Islamic passengers

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
first they did not like dogs.
www.nowpublic.com...

now its Airport body scanners.

let them walk or deal with it like everyone else.

if i have to go through a Airport body scanner i am thinking about gluing foil letters across my back spelling something funny just to get a laugh out of the TSA people.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So, the body scanners will keep Islamic terrorists from flying? Now all we need to do is carry garlic on planes to keep vampires off them. [end sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Muslim immigrants need to stop pushing there religion on us. I am truly sick of it and I am also sick of the propaganda machine that spins everything into intolerance if you do not agree with them.

The Muslim are the intolerant one's it plays out that way everyday. They if given the chance would kill every non Muslim if they could. Also the moderate Muslim's do nothing to speak out against the hate the extreme Muslim's preach. Why? I can understand if they are in countries that are almost 100% Muslim but what about the one's that are not?

Can the Muslim faith co-exist with other religions peacefully? Are they preaching hate in non Arab countries?

Why are the moderate Muslims not speaking out if they do not believe in this extreme form of law?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Do you go to every Masjid in the US and listen to their sermons to know if they are saying terrorism is bad??

If not, then you shouldn't act like you do. Ton's of Muslims speak out against extremism and against terrorism. It just doesn't make the front page in the propaganda rags you read.

And why do you incessantly say that all Muslims want to kill all non-believers?

All I've seen you do is continue to regurgitate propagandized talking points.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They'll try it and not be allowed to fly, they'll sue, win, further fill their war chests and end up getting aplogized to and exempt in the future....just how things are now........

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The first thing I do when I think about travel is "Is the country safe for me to travel in and is it somewhere I'd WANT to go?"

How about thinking before you travel or immigrate?

Place=NOT compatible with my beliefs... Gee! What to do! Bah! I guess I'll move or travel there!

It's almost as bad as the politically correct movement. Well maybe it is, it's the terroristically correct movement. Take off your fn vale if you want to drive. Vale=NO DRIVE.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I asked a question if I new it as a fact I would state it as such. I really would like to know the truth because it seems something is very wrong and it seems like the more questions you ask the more heat you get. Why is that is there something to hide? I have found if you ask a simple question and it is met with anger something is up.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

OK. Let me get this straight.

Its OK for non-muslim Civil Liberties groups, newspapers, television stations etc to raise the issue about these scanners being intrusive. When that happens it can be front page news, with pictures, commentary and debate on the matter.

But when the muslims mention it, its a different story, and they are to be criticised and rebuked for it?

Does the word hypocrite mean anything to any of you? It should.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
if they get exempt from having to go through the things, well, this should become against all of our religious values. our body is God's temple, and he doesn't want us blasting our dna to bits!!!

case closed!

by the way, the difference in what the muslims are saying here, and what we have been talking about is that they are using religion as their backing....
it could possibly exempt them.

I can do the same, look above!

[edit on 13-2-2010 by dawnstar]

new topics

top topics

join