It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Snow Could Mean Snow in All 50 States at Once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Reported by: Newsroom Solutions
Friday, Feb 12, 2010 @07:45am CST

There could be snow on the ground in all 50 states simultaneously by the end of the week in what would be a weather oddity.

KOTV reports Patrick Marsh, a student employee at the NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Oklahoma, is currently trying to collect photos of snow on the ground in all 50 states.

Marsh says Florida is the only state without snow on the ground at this point, but he said two to four inches of snow is forecast today in some parts of the state.

There is currently even snow on some of the mountain tops in Hawaii.

Marsh says this afternoon, he's going to begin asking for photos of the snow from all 50 states.

If that happens, he says he'll put them into a Google Earth map and make a "snow snapshot of America."

arkansasmatters.com...

Two to four inches of snow are forecasted to fall on parts of Florida today.

Schools and flights are being closed and cancelled accross the south due to the snow storms.

Here is another article which i can't excerpt from due to copyright issues.
www.wsbtv.com...

[edit on 12-2-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's been snowin like crazy in Texas too. Over a foot in some places. Def not the norm :\ I'm curious to see how long it stays cold this year. Can't wait for next year, things are definitely changing. How exciting

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is this going to be a hurricane formation but snowing?

Oh I got a good name for this one

A Snowcane
or
A Snoricane

(don't know which sounds better
)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We had some light flurries last night, and some people I know a little NE of here are saying it's really starting to come down...If I see it starting to stick, I'll certainly snap a shot or two!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13

A Snowcane
or
A Snoricane

)

Snoricane sounds boring, sounds like a sleeping pill lol.

two lines

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by noobsauce13

A Snowcane
or
A Snoricane

)

Snoricane sounds boring, sounds like a sleeping pill lol.

two lines

I'll go with "flurricane" myself. Yeah, "flurricane" FTW.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Blizzarcane? Hurrizzard? Maybe it could cause a tsnownami?

But anyhow... so there'll be snow in 50 states. What about big O's other 7 states?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
No snow here in Portland, Oregon...In fact we should be in the 60's by Monday.
Sure..there will be snow in the mountains, but that's not an unusual thing here.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Blizzarcane? Hurrizzard? Maybe it could cause a tsnownami?

But anyhow... so there'll be snow in 50 states. What about big O's other 7 states?

Those would be:
  1. District of Columbia
  2. Puerto Rico
  3. Northern Mariana Islands
  4. U.S. Virgin Islands
  5. American Samoa
  6. Guam
  7. U.S. Minor Outlying Islands

Doesn't seem too likely. Well, obviously D.C. got it.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hawaii and Florida were the holdouts until recently. Now, there is snow on the summits of Hawaii. With Florida now coming into the fold, I'm going to declare global warming toast.

hey, if Al Gore can use Katrina and the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season as evidence of warming, then I can cite this event as evidence to the contrary.

In truth, neither are evidence of anything more than cyclical changes. Still, it was fun to say.

Good thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Hawaii and Florida were the holdouts until recently. Now, there is snow on the summits of Hawaii. With Florida now coming into the fold, I'm going to declare global warming toast.

from the above link.....

On the high peaks of Hawaii’s Mauna Loa (south) and Mauna Kea (north) a cap of brilliant white snow
covered the summits on January 14, 2005, when this image was captured
by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite.

Please people read the pages and make sure of the DATE before you post links!

PQ

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

Well, you obviously didn't read the original post....
Maybe you should follow the advice you are preaching on others...

Reported by: Newsroom Solutions
Friday, Feb 12, 2010 @07:45am CST

There could be snow on the ground in all 50 states simultaneously by the end of the week in what would be a weather oddity.

KOTV reports Patrick Marsh, a student employee at the NOAA's National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Oklahoma, is currently trying to collect photos of snow on the ground in all 50 states.

Marsh says Florida is the only state without snow on the ground at this point, but he said two to four inches of snow is forecast today in some parts of the state.

There is currently even snow on some of the mountain tops in Hawaii.

From original article.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yes I read the OP correctly, and I do not doubt there is snow on hawaii's mountains, however the link provided in argentus's post lead to a pic and story from 2005, nothing whatever to do with the current trend.

Perhaps you should read things through a little more thoroughly before jumping down someones throat.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Haven't you heard - it's now called "Climate Change".

A normal - to above average - snow season would have been good...

But records being set in some states ?

It's a severe weather pattern, but indeed - Global Warming is a hoax by name, but the phenomenon will, unfortunately, need more testing to figure out whose theory dominates.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Please stop denying climate change due to global warming. If you knew anything about global warming you would understand that the current trend of cooling is right on track with, yes, global warming.
Al Gore did not invent global warming. It has been on the table for many many years. I learned about it in the early 70's and Al Gore was nowhere around. Everything that was predicted seems to be happening, only about 100 or more years ahead of schedule. People ignored it for years, governments denied it, denied funding to study it.It has always been like it is so overwhelming that no govenment wanted to even agree it exists yet they watch it happen. Why is it that now that someone is in the forefront trying to get people to pay attention the cry of foul hits the air? It is happening folks, right before your very eyes.

www.chicagotribune.com...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm in SOCAL it's still 60 and sunny.. when it snows here, then I'll believe in global warming.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately initial speculation that there might be snow on Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa has been translated by some media into reports that there is is snow in Hawaii.

However thanks in part to the on-going drought there is currently no snow in Hawaii. So it's 49 States (plus DC) only.

49 States dusted with sno, Hawaii's the hold-out

new topics

top topics

join