It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare snowfall in Rome as cold snap grips Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ROME (Reuters) – Tourists took rare pictures of snow falling on the Colosseum and the Trevi fountain on Friday, and the Pope reportedly appeared at a Vatican window to watch Rome's heaviest snowfall in nearly a quarter century.

In scenes usually only glimpsed in souvenir "snow domes" Italy's capital was blanketed in white, snarling road and air traffic but delighting many Romans who rode scooters with their feet on the ground and snapped pictures with mobile phones.

Rome was last dusted in snow in 2005, but one meteorologist said the steady snowfall through Friday morning was the heaviest seen in the Italian capital in 24 years.

"It's very exciting. I have been taking pictures of my husband in front of the Colosseum because I thought nobody would believe me if I told them it was snowing in Rome today," said Margaret Jones, a tourist from London.

news.yahoo.com...

And btw...the North Atlantic Conveyor belt hasn't stopped working, yet once again there are record snow fall all over the globe, and not just in the U.S....

Something else is happening.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I agree with you. I have been thinking the same thing that something else is happening. The weather has been weird all over the globe.Also, I live in Maryland and we just had a historic snow and have been snowed in all week, something like 60 inches we got.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow !!!

It's snowing in the Vatican !!!

I guess this means that Hell is finally "freezing over" !!!

new topics

join