It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame has been renamed and is now being marketed as a natural sweetener

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Aspartame has been renamed and is now being marketed as a natural sweetener

www.naturalnews.com

In response to growing awareness about the dangers of artificial sweeteners, what does the manufacturer of one of the world's most notable artificial sweeteners do? Why, rename it and begin marketing it as natural, of course. This is precisely the strategy of Ajinomoto, maker of aspartame, which hopes to pull the wool over the eyes of the public with its rebranded version of aspartame, called "AminoSweet".

Despite the myriad of evidence gained over the years showing that aspartame is a danger
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Aspartame changes name to AminoSweet

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well.... I had a made a thread a few days ago in GC, see related threads below, but was unsure of the legitamacy.

It seems it was true!

Aspartame has been renamed to AminoSweet, just like Blackwater renamed to XE.

Basically they are hoping that the masses only remember Aspartame and they hope to keep the name change below radar.

It's imperative that this news spreads, email your colleagues, let your beloved family members know, let the neighbours know, hell even put up signs in your front lawn if you can.

This news MUST spread!
Good Luck to Everyone, Food is the new Weapon!

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What the heck??? Thank you for sharing this. This is absolutely sickening. Do you see what is says on the front page of the site: www.aminosweet.info...

AminoSweet is a low calorie sweetener that tastes exactly like sugar. It is made from two building blocks of protein just like those found naturally in many everyday foods such as meat, fish, cheese, eggs and milk. AminoSweet is digested by the body in exactly the same way as these other protein foods and so does not bring anything new to the diet.

Seriously, I just spent time on the web site, and I feel a little sick. Some of the things they say appear to be outright lies. Half their data comes from a study THEY funded!

This has been emailed out to my entire list. Again, thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Aminosweet"? For serious?

Did they do any market testing on this one? because... good lord. Would you buy anything with "amino" in the name?

Blugh. Same thing, now only grosser!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Disgraceful. If I recall old donald rumsfeld bought the FDA, and rammed that poison onto the market. Piece os. That stuffs turns is to formaldhyde in your body. How do you spell formaldehide? Just reinforces how pretty much every goverment regulatory body is compromised.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As a person whom watches what he eats, I have switched over to sweetener awhile back...and with the exception of diet soda, I use splenda (yellow). I used to use aspartime sometime back and I started getting alot of very random symptoms...and this was before I even knew there was potential issues with the stuff.

So, without lecturing, I recommend going yellow if your going to use a artifical sweetener to begin with...tastes better and no aspartame

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up.

There is NOTHING natural about this stuff. Aspartame was pushed by Monsanto to make it legal (a chemical company is by definition not natural), and is now made by collecting the excrement of genetically modified E. coli organisms.

Want proof?
www.independent.co.uk...

And here's a patent documenting the procedure.

www.freepatentsonline.com...

[edit on 12-2-2010 by seattletruth]

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Aspartame nearly killed me.. In certain individuals it causes nervous disorders and high blood pressure..

I was trying to lose weight many years ago and started drinking a lot of diet sodas with aspartame and ended up in the hospital. Stopped the aspartame..symptoms disappeared.

It should be taken off the market

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Artificial, non-sugar sweeteners taste like crap anyway. I don't care what they call it, it's still

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As a person whom watches what he eats, I have switched over to sweetener awhile back...and with the exception of diet soda, I use splenda (yellow). I used to use aspartime sometime back and I started getting alot of very random symptoms...and this was before I even knew there was potential issues with the stuff.

So, without lecturing, I recommend going yellow if your going to use a artifical sweetener to begin with...tastes better and no aspartame

Why are you recommending yellow packets of Aspartame to people, under the guise that there is no Aspartame and it is Natural?

This is what he would have said IF he conducted research

Splenda (Sucralose) Toxicity Exposed... Ain't even close to "natural"

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Inertia]Deadly Deception

What you don`t know can`t hurt you

Link Between Aspartame and Brain Damage

Government Supresses Aspartame Information

Aspartame Dosing (testing) in the Military

The Yellow Packet that SaturnFX recommended us

Aspartame Symptoms, Avoid IT

Mary Nash Stoddard - Research Findings on Aspartame @ '95 Tesla Conference

And watch out for NutraSweet

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Inertia]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They'll still have to post a warning on the packages for people with PKU, so you'll be able to tell if a product has Aspartame by looking for the warning.

Some further info on PKU here.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This stuff is in everything. My mom is big on diet drinks and "low calorie" foods, and that crap is in all of it. It's a wonder that she isn't completely schizophrenic by now.

I refuse to touch the stuff. I don't consume any "artificial sweeteners" if I can help it, none whatsoever. I just use sugar in moderation, which is perfectly fine for most people. I also don't touch anything with mono-sodium glutamate (MSG), among other things.

Basically, rule of thumb, if the product looks like it is marketed to idiots, i.e. flashy colors, bold claims, stupid labels, etc., then I stay away. The biggest indicators are the bizarre 'flavors', that aren't even flavors. Like for gum, "Arctic Chill" or "Cool Blast", or "Fruit Fiesta"... it's all *snip* ridiculous. None of these are flavors, they just couldn't make anything taste right with their toxic chemicals so they just decide to make *snip* up as they go along.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by SyphonX]

please don't circumvent the automatic censors.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thanks S+F as this stuff needs to be pushed to all.. I hate this stuff with a passion...

Will notify those who try to avoid it.. I bet it ends up in the kids drinks very quickly.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'll lecture for you. Stay away from ALL artificial sweeteners and use stevia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't care. I'll still drink Coke Zero and stuff. It tastes better, regardless of if it's killing me faster. I mean, seriously, what isn't killing us off these days? Nothing's safe.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Another alternative sweetener is agave nectar. It's pretty good and not too expensive.

Found in your local health food store, some regular grocery stores carry it also.

Stevia rocks but it's $$$.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wow,good find MA,

Will they stop at nothing to get us to eat their non-foods?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I starred your post but I can't let it go in good faith without drawing attention to the fact that Splenda is also bad for you and causes kidney stones and other problems. It was originally discovered while scientists were looking for a non-toxic pesticide. They found one that tasted sweet.

Just plain old sugar is better than all of these things yet obviously it isn't exactly healthy either. Needing to have our food taste sweet is just another addiction we all have.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
I don't care. I'll still drink Coke Zero and stuff. It tastes better, regardless of if it's killing me faster. I mean, seriously, what isn't killing us off these days? Nothing's safe.

That's like saying why don't I stand in the middle of the highway blindfolded, I'm going to die one day anyway.

Listen, even I had alot of aspartame in diet sodas, I used to mix it with my drinks. But then I got scared after reading about mixing formaldehyde(happens to aspartame in the body) with ethanol(alcohol).

So now I just use normal Gingerale.

It's about enjoying life while not being a victim of tptb.
It's very possible

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
doesn't surprise me.. here's a link that will really open your eyes..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join