It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Gould - Valentines Day Show on Bravo (Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
For Canadians on Valentines Day, an opportunity to watch a film (slightly shortened) about the life of Glenn Gould. If you love piano and musical interpretation, this show is for you. If you enjoy seeing a genius at work and play, this show is also for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41a64156ce8d.jpg[/atsimg]

8:00 PM Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould (E) 2009
"Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould" casts a fresh light on the mysterious pianist whose ideas were as controversial, and his private life as passionate, as his music. The film features never-before seen footage of Gould, photographs, and excerpts from his private home recordings and diaries. The biography also reveals personal memories from Gould's most intimate friends and lovers, some who have never spoken about him publicly before.

www.bravo.ca...

glenngouldmovie.com...

No, it ain't rock and roll, but still worth it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No doubt there's not many members, or even many non-members who have even heard of Glenn Gould. On top of that, I'd bet there are even fewer who, even though they've heard of him, would bother to even listen to him play just because classical piano is so yesterday.

Well, it IS, isn't it?

On the other hand, in some future time when the tables turn and what once was thought of as unimportant by the general public will become radically hip again.

Case in point... JS Bach.

Well, in my opinion, I believe Glenn Gould an equal to that master.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Glenn Gould playing some Bach:

Loving his chair:

Well... you get he idea.

Had to delete a disfunctional vid :bnghd:

[edit on 13/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If anyone in Canada, bored with the normal crap on the tube, or moved to watch something unusual this Valentine's evening in the company of their significant other, decide to watch a little bit of this new film, I'd be very interested in their take.

Genius has an equal potential to shock and disgust as well as enlighten.

top topics

join