It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backward Black Holes Control Fate of Galaxies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Backward Black Holes Control Fate of Galaxies

www.space.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca0c2ccea00d.jpg[/atsimg]

The backward spin of a number of black holes could create mysterious jets of plasma that control the fate of galaxies, scientists now suggest.

At the heart of galaxies, astronomers have routinely detected what seem to be supermassive black holes millions to billions of times the mass of our sun. Roughly a hundredth of these giants spew out jets of plasma that extend out in opposite directions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 12/2/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i have long since suspsected this.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Black holes suck matter out of the universe and then spew it back in.

is this an infinite recycling mechanism?

i wonder what its like in the space in between. and also what awesome energy could do this and if it ever ran out ? without it the energy keeping the balance between black holes could collapse and it would be an interesting time for the universe.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am no physicist, but as far as infinite recycling goes, I think entropy rules the universe. Eventually all energy must disperse... but you never know, physicists have been wrong before.....

Entropy - wiki

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well it could be sucking in the universe as fuel, and spitting out fumes from the exhaust. if so i wonder whats behind and how long 'this' universe will last as a fuel source.

Black holes cause universal warming!

Maybe the source behind them is infinity .. behind the black holes and these are the safety intake and outtake valves. to keep balance.

Of course i am assuming they are linked at the back , which they may not be , they may be totally unique entities themselves , but to suck something and a 'spew' it out to me there must be something there to create/absorb the process.

[edit for additional thoughts]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
cool story S&F

Is this considered information escaping the black hole I wonder? or is it "new" because it is changed inside the black hole?

this sucks for my mandelbrot theory that black holes are spewing this stuff into NEW universes

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I thought scientists already thought that black holes suck in matter and white holes spew them out at the other end to create new universes...my science is not so good though. Anyway very interesting article, cheers!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I thought jets were just an outcome of matter infalling matter colliding at the axes of injestion and being knocked away from the black hole instead of into it, not spewing matter back into the universe that already left.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Perhaps these are the white holes science has talked about for a while now. Then again who knows. Black hole theory is strange and nothing about it is really difinitive.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Or it's absorbing the light turning it into mass and the backward spin provides an inefficient way of converting the light to mass. So the ejection is due to the strange spin. The energy is in the form of plasma because the conversion process is stuck in the middle.(ENERGY) But this is clearly speculation. It is based on my theory that can be found over here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join