It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army chief to visit Israel for talks on Iran, joint defense issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

U.S. Army chief to visit Israel for talks on Iran, joint defense issues

www.haaretz.com

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States Military is set to arrive in Israel on Sunday for a meeting with the Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff to discuss the situation in Iran.

U.S. Admiral Mike Mullen will meet with IDF Chief of Staff Gabi Ashkenazi as well as Minister of Defense, Ehud Barak, and other senior IDF commanders to discuss other topics, including joint defense issues between Israel and the U.S. and mutual security concerns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok - Its now all about who is giving green light to whom? Same time than Netanyahu goes to Moscow, US and Israeli Chiefs are meeting in Jerusalem... What I see is clear deal from coming co-operations. Pieces on political chess are ready for coming moves:

"Netanyahu to visit Russia: Kremlin"
www.google.com...

And Iran has already openly warned Russia from not leaving their stance along with Iran... But, like in hard politics usually, supposingly Putin will give free hands to USA and Israel against Iran-Syria-Lebanon... And then hell will loose very soon.

"Israel pushing Middle East to war: Syria's Assad"
www.washingtonpost.com...

Coming war has widely seen as series of all-out ME battles in many fronts simultaniously. Probably nobody knows where, and when does these battles ends, but one thing is sure - this is why trillion of US dollar in every recent year has been driven to US and Israeli Armies, and after those wars we are in edge of New World Order - at the last step of main goal.

China and its interests are soon to be heard - very probably soon as next week when US latest aggression, talks with Dalai Lama are taking place - China is just forced to react.

Russia - China relations will soon come highly tested. If Russia turns to openly to side of NATO/EU, balance in strategical map is gone - and how I see it, new great war will very soon begin.

Bankers are winning this game, they have played for years to happen. Maybe outcome of this mess has already also decided and in their hands... Cards in that game are just bloody, and its prices are ment us to pay.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If Russia turns to openly to side of NATO/EU, balance in strategical map is gone - and how I see it, new great war will very soon begin.

Russia is with nobody.

Russia is with Russia and that's it. They won't side with NATO...

Russia's ambassador to NATO said Wednesday in a post on his Twitter feed that the proverbial Russian bear would "kick the ass" of the United States and its allies if cornered by a new US missile shield.

And the US won't back down with the missile shield.

But I agree, something has been brewing for the last few months, especially in the last few weeks...

And with our economies still in shamble, especially europe now on the brink of a possible euro zone break-up, a war sending oil prices to 150-200$ a barel would finish us off. And if it does happen, I suggest we cut all links to Israel.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am going to make a prediction that someone is going to say in this thread "And so it begins..." because no headline like this thread is complete with that slogan.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"And so it was Begin", who signed the peace treay with Egypt in 1979. There I almost said it, made ya look, "Thumb".....

[edit on 12-2-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Talking to Israel about Iran is like talking to Turkey about Armenia. If there's any country that should be consulted last about a situation...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There is always very many "if" words on geopolitical table - and thats what we are use to. Most greatest "if" is always Russia and its actions, and I agree with your opinion - their greatest success after 911 has been that they havent clearly take any side of any confrontations - remaining their "if" status.

Russia wins always when others are fighting each others, and Iranian/gulf situation makes Russia again much more important to all memberstates of EU.

Yesterday Russia gets its highly needed permission to build new pipeline to Germany thru Baltic sea, and that is great sign how Russia is making their momentum to be most important importer of European markets in oil and gas - just on time before next winter season. ( It will be builded under one year period )

Price of oil and gas will go to sky rocket high when Iran strike begins, and that will make to Russian economy only good.

I think also that Russia will stay Russia, but everybody has their price. Missile shield is just a piece of paper and a plan, and in negotiations its drawn out of table very easily. If someone should be worry now - its probably Georgia, maybe even Kosovo - their future are in hands of coming geopolitical "Molotov-Ribbentrop" deals...

"US and israel can give Georgia and Kosovo, if they get Iran."

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Totally with you here. I originally thought the chip was going to be Ukraine and perhaps it still is. Russia will get something from the deal for sure

new topics

top topics

join