It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of Earth and Sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

S & F

Akhenaten was a very curious individual. Also the supposed head binding was practiced world wide in many cultures. It seems odd that many of the vastly separated ancient cultures had developed similar ideas on such an unusual practice all on their collective own.

Is it too unreasonable to believe that they were all trying to copy something or someone they saw?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59c5f4149767.jpg[/atsimg]
Akhenaten

Egyptologists have uncovered new evidence that bolsters the controversial theory that a mysterious mummy is the corpse of the heretic pharaoh Akhenaten, husband of Nefertiti and, some experts believe, the father of King Tut.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why does The Pope wear such a distinctively tall hat, similar to those shown on these misshapen heads in early art work.

I think his position, (the Popehood) it's function and the garments we see today all are remnants which harken back to these days and these beings.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Slayer I guess It's completely absurd. I mean I never would have thought .

I think his position, (the Popehood) it's function and the garments we see today all are remnants which harken back to these days and these beings.

The oddest thing for me is that the are more popular when ignored.
I admit I'm no victim of todays academics. No fortunate son but I got alot of heart for this stuff. So I take my lumps.

I'm not even talking to the right people in the right post .
See you all tomorrow. ni ni

[edit on 13-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I've read genesis multiple times. Also everything else I've laid my eyes on. Only I'm not aware of reading one what makes me see a link to the flood.
That's why I asked.

Have you ever read the book of Enoch ?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Also the supposed head binding was practiced world wide in many cultures. It seems odd that many of the vastly separated ancient cultures had developed similar ideas on such an unusual practice all on their collective own.

This 'all on their collective own' is one of the problems of limited thinking on ATS. Here it's used, once more to undermine the idea that the ancient cultures of South America and Africa had intelligence, culture and their own ideas. But no, yet again it's used to lead people's minds to the idea of 'space gods,' or Biblical Nephilim. Heck no! How could those ancient guys have ideas all on their own?

Religious ceremony, blood sacrifices, multiple-deity worship and social hierarchies have all occurred in human populations sharing little or no contact. Building stone monuments was also widespread behaviour. Even soccer/football developed in Europe and S America without contact.

This refusal to give credit where it's due, underlies an assumption that our ancestors were grunts and wide-eyed innocents hiding from thunder and lightning in terror of the skygods. Let's spell it out. You are suggesting that they saw an alien or Biblical Nephilim and copied it. Are we picturing a grey? Some big-headed critter that caused our dumb ancestors to imitate them with skull-binding?

My theory of some early occurrence is genetic inbreeding of aristocrats and upper classes. A high born could attribute a deformed baby as a gift from gods...they might then imitate the deformed skull through binding within subsequent class generations. The most common explanation of cause is that skull aberrations were caused by cradle-boarding and found attractive. The most likely reason is simple aesthetics...the African tribes see skull bound people as more beautiful.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/170fdab4736e.jpg[/atsimg] Her kid's a shocker, but she's a good looking woman.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You want to use laser tech hey that dosn't scare me the results will come out more in favor because I'm fairly certain the BVC is conservative. Why? Because the studies say so. I have n't measured one, but niether have you so call it faith.

'Laser tech' was a joke to point how scientist can work in a lab and still use basic techniques because they work. No I haven't measured one and that doesn't make it faith. If people that have handled and studied these things publish information that is supported by others, I'll accept it. Two early links discuss the capacity as being within modern averages i.e. 800cc-1800cc.

In another thread it was pointed out that intelligence isn't indicated by brain size. Check out your friends and colleagues. Lotta different head sizes? Could you line them up like egg cups...small to large? Is the big guy the brightest? Is the pinhead a congenital idiot? Is the big guy prone to telekinesis or telepathy? Is there any evidence that recent skull-binders had magical powers?

These weird looking skulls get the attention. They attract ideas of critters, aliens and lost races that built pyramids and step pyramids in S America. Special powers! The skeletons that these skulls sat on have been wholly human too. We can reach out for interesting theories and Biblical allegories or...accept that humans disfigured themselves to highlight class, caste, tribe and beauty. They continued doing it until at least last century for the exact same reasons.

(cheers for stars...I S&F. We may disagree on a lot of stuff, but do so like gentlemen
)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

These weird looking skulls get the attention. They attract ideas of critters, aliens and lost races that built pyramids and step pyramids in S America. Special powers! The skeletons that these skulls sat on have been wholly human too. We can reach out for interesting theories and Biblical allegories or...accept that humans disfigured themselves to highlight class, caste, tribe and beauty. They continued doing it until at least last century for the exact same reasons.

Here's a question. Why wasn't this your first post? I think I might already
know, I'm interested to see what you say though.
Do these binding technics cause extra bone mass or what? Also are you saying the sites are a hoax? I don't remember any responses like this on any of the other threads. So when I was looking up recent studies done
on these, all the web fowards is hoaxes? Going to several different sites
and corroborating what I thought to be facts. From different sites wasn't
enough?
Tell a person with a gigantic interest why they seem to be so ignored k?
Can you direct me to any sites that have done some forensic reconstruction on these bad boys. I have always wanted to see something like that done with these.
Believe me I'm not as closed minded as I may have seemed. I'm
certian you noticed I designed this thread to" stir the pot".

Slayer n Ruse
Apologies for dumping everyone last night, I was exhausted.

Thanks for the SnF

kandi,I await your next post with great eagerness.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No matter how you bind a head you cannot create more skull tissue and bone and these skulls obviously have an excess of both. If you are binding skulls because you think that is attractive it must come from somewhere. It must have been seen somewhere, and associated with wisdom or beauty first to be replicated.

And I know it is the Holy See or the Papacy but who really cares?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by randyvs

I've read genesis multiple times. Also everything else I've laid my eyes on. Only I'm not aware of reading one what makes me see a link to the flood.
That's why I asked.

Have you ever read the book of Enoch ?

Yes I have read it. Just more sudo religion that no one should pay any attention to or give any kind of credit, because people can all get the same ideas on there own all at once. I 'm suprised more people through history didn't want to look like absolute monsters.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

And I know it is the Holy See or the Papacy but who really cares?

Well now see Ruse I do care . That's why the thread partner.

Wouldn't that be something though to see the Popes hat get bumped and reveal a massive big cone?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The other thread was Boskop Man, where I posted about average cranial capacity.

Here's a question. Why wasn't this your first post? I think I might already know, I'm interested to see what you say though.

Three reasons spring to mind...I didn't expect the thread to become a discussion..bare facts! Secondly, I like your style and didn't want to go into thread-killer mode. Thirdly, I rarely take a knife to a gun-fight. I revise what I know...I'm rebuilding what was lost when my last PC died.

In terms of genetic research into these skulls, I've read bits over the years. Not a lot of research has looked at the genetics, because the theories favour these skulls being formed by 'artificial cranial modification.' The remains are human. Graves are found alongside normal remains. They don't indicate a separate race or represent an intriguing mystery. In the past couple of years I've read and posted on a lot of similar threads. The Dingwalls and Iran papers (linked earlier) are the most informative IMO.

A good source of information is a thesis I've read following your thread...HEAD SHAPING OF THE ANCIENT MAYA AT
WILD CANE CAY AND MOHO CAY, BELIZE.
Pages 12-19 are probably of most interest to your question. The paper doesn't conclude that the modifications were primarily for reasons of beauty. Instead, a combination of causes are allowed for and suggestions for future study.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

K I'm not sure what you mean by a gunfight I know I came off close minded but is it that bad? Also you get your thesis from off the net ?
How is it you can be so sure it is not also garbage? Is there a stamp or
a credential for thesis and studies, something I'm not picking up on? I don't know.

Also the way I look at things, if my thread is derailed what am supposed to be hurt? This is a blow and go blast site fire in the hole all the time.
If the bullets don't bounce of here, you never get to be a superhero
that's basics. In other words I don't give a rats azz.

i don't post anything here to get any flags or pentagrams or prizes.
Cmon if my thread deserves it I hope it gets it.
That's one of the interesting things about posting . Who is going to show and say what?
I think Stella must be wondering how he will ever pss me off.
I really don't see that happening though. I control me, nobody else.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think the big headed people were here and left but not without first making a big impression. They left behind the Papacy and a system of government that has been copied by all but the most uncivilized people. I am not certain any of it was for the better. I am not sure they are not the bad guys. I am not sure their "religion" was not just handing down or passing along "ways to control people" to those who desire to do exactly that.

And yes that would be funny.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

K I'm not sure what you mean by a gunfight I know I came off close minded but is it that bad? Also you get your thesis from off the net ?
How is it you can be so sure it is not also garbage? Is there a stamp or
a credential for thesis and studies, something I'm not picking up on? I don't know.

The thesis is off the net and most papers are available online. Many are free, but others like SpringerLink charge subscriptions. It's still worth checking as sometimes the abstracts have diamonds of information and follow up sources. They represent the most well-sourced information available. The thesis is interesting reading and contains sources, references and biblography. It was submitted to Louisiana State Uni for a Masters. A couple of charts in the last pages might be what you are looking for...

The 'gunfight' line was my way of saying you're a bright guy and have read up on the skulls. If I didn't have my facts straight...it'd be like taking a knife to a gunfight. As in my points would be shot down

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Oh now we got a problem, please no complimentary annotations unless
you use a backhand
Seeing that I'm the one left holding the knife.

But one day I'll be back and I'll have howiitzer with me. You'll see I'll
be back with a gun so big, I never forget an avatar. just you wait and see lmao.

Just like Rocky Racoon.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

From my point of view, you posted a good looking thread and backed it up with some thinking and questions. It's a good thread for Ancient & Lost Civilizations and too many recently have been poor.

This thing isn't over either...Slayer69 will be back with some whoopass if he can find it. This thread'll run on, fella

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

There were giants/Nephilim on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Contray to popular belief, the word "giant" that has become synomynous with all things huge does not actually mean big/huge in its original meaning.. The greek term "gigantes" where we get the word from actually translates as "Earth Born" so has no conatation with size.. But to call something earth born would suggest that the parentage came from another place other than earth no???

Nephilim is a Hebrew verb which means to "fall", to "leave a former habitation", to "rebel", and written in plural with "im" at the end denotes many fallen ones....

Good thread Randy
I think we all know where you are going with this, and I have plenty of my own stuff to add too....

I loooooovvvve this site

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I loooooovvvve this site

I have to second that, and Please I would love to see what you have Sela.

Stories, Images, thoughts, what have you.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I still believe we need alot more open studies on these cranial colaborations of canonically collected, carnel cadavers.
Is it suspicious to any one else that they arn't given more attention.

They certainly aren't mentioned in the media hardly ever.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by NorthStargal52

As far as they can tell Scientists know there was binding going on.
I believe it was to mimic these that you are looking at here.
Stella I will answer any of your q n a whenever you like. Sorry about your world stud.

This is nothing compared to what is out there. There are tons of these skulls all over the world.

You guys can google "recent studies of elongated skulls" and wear yourselves out with this stuff. as far as imaging. Like I said though
there needs to be some really open study on these guys.
Stella can you fund us?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by randyvs]

I will post a couple of sites, that show these skulls all over the planet. Also I've noticed that its the Mainstream sciences view that it was binding of a childs skull. And they can be correct, truly can. But what many of us should ask is how could this "procedure" be common across the globe? Not all societies would view a certain tribes procedure as beautiful or even wanted. I think reason these skulls exists is because either ancient man saw beings with heads like this and their abilities and wanted their children to be like that (not all, it seems they may have allowed the procedure to children that where going to be priests) and/or these where another branch of humanity and they happen to be everywhere on this planet with the same result of normal humans wanting to have their power. We've always wanted to find results of aliens, and maybe we are seeing it. These people could be the offspring of the Gods from the Sky (remember Sumerian legend and others where those said beings took men daughters).

Just the idea the say this binding stuff was common may be correct in a sense that they where imitating a group of people who had this skull. And this was happening all over the planet. In the second link it says that egyptians didn't head bind and that her head on the bust was just "elongated" for artistic flare. Artists rendition to binding when some societies (as I said before) didn't bind (like the egyptians). There making up stories to cover up the possibility that these people with the skulls may have been the ones that did amazing things.

www.world-mysteries.com...

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

weeklyworldnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join