It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Continue to Live Once We Die?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

for a while you retain your identity...then after that is the real mystery

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
After i learnt about this kind of thing and had my experience when i was 7 (i drowned in the mediterranean but was saved by a german tourist) i do not fear death anymore, although i want to live for a long long time (1991-2100) please

anyway... after i saw that spiritual nerve tunnel so to speak and seeing the city that was laid before me. It's something you need not fear. although my "tunnel" wasnt straight there were 8 exits with different words on it and your spirit kind of soars to a particular one.

the one i wanted was the left hand side it looked fun it was among the galaxies of the universe.

EDIT: btw i never saw figures at least not solid ones.. thousands of spirits were floating up to each named "tunnel" i presume they were the recently dead.

I heard a voice of a woman saying "My love..it is to soon..much to soon..you are just a mortal boy now..go back..go back and live, we will be together once more...but not yet" then i woke up to some brown haired brown eyed german woman who was sunbathing on the beach and had saved me

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

i've always thought that.. we spend time here, be like robots, get spiritual,mental and physical pain..you die then the next thing awaits.

"Life is meaningless, it is in death that we are truly tested"

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Howdy OP.

I don't know how much you know about psychedelics, but every time someone starts one of these threads I always stop by to post some information because it is extremely important for the argument that we do exist after the death of the physical body.

There is one family of psychedelics in particular called the tryptamine family which houses such compounds as '___' and Psilocybin (Shrooms). Dimethyltryptamine is also a member of the tryptamine family, and it is the most powerful of the psychedelics.

Human beings produce dimethyltryptamine ('___') out of the pineal gland. Many people may believe that the pineal gland is a part of the brain, but it is not. The pineal gland forms separately from the brain in the roof of the mouth during fetal maturation.

Anyhoo, check out the scientific research done into '___' by Dr. Rick Strassman:

www.rickstrassman.com.../4

And remember that the idea that "hallucinations" are "fake" has always been an idea based in assumption. It is the same logic our ancestors used to describe what they perceived to be a "flat planet." It was simply based on subjective perspective...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I liked the section Blind people see during NDE, as the story goes blind people have accurately identified physical locations in this state. I myself believe our spirit continues on after physical death.

s+f

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Star for that post and i'll definitely check out that link.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
As long as we do NOT know what the "I" really is, or WHERE it is, I have no clue as to what this "life after death" entails. Pure energy? maybe. A "soul" i.e. a concious, independent energy/entity with knowledge of what came "before" it's after-death-life? The body just a vessel? Would be great.

We first have to ascertain what makes us "us". Up to this day, science has found/proven absolutely zilch on that. What is our spirit/soul. Is it uberhaupt? Are we just the result of electricity firing off(mechanicistic view), or is there more to us(as religion proposes)

If there is more than just the coincidental combination of electricity and nerve-tissue that makes us "think" that we are thinking, then things could get really interesting after the death of our flesh. If not..well, You wouldn't know anyway.

The forever riddle that kept philosophers busy for ages, still does. Shame that we do not have a fail-safe way of reporting what "is" after we die. The moment someone invents an "after death-mars-lander-thingy" we'll maybe find out that there are, indeed, 11 dimensions in which we "transmogrify"(loove that bogus-scientific word..)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I personally believe that our only true bid for immortality is through our own legacy and the composition of our very bodies. The energy and matter we are made of will continue on through other processes and so in that sense I suppose you could say you will continue to be.

however there is also the Quantum Immortality theory branched from the Many Worlds theory.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The reality of our situation is that the reality of our society is so far removed from the natural state of the universe that anything beyond what we know is inconcievable. There is no question that our inferior brain function would allow us to see anything but darkness at the end.

I am a machine and like any other in this physical existance am doomed for the scrapyard.

My earliest memories are of being in the womb and maybe a pre-womb state that i cannot comprehend, though do have the memory of making decisions about my parents and other things on a sub-conscious level perhaps. I ran out of time and had to make my final decision hastily, though had put a lot of thought into them. There were pros and cons which is what made decisions of such magnitude so tough to make.

All thought or discussion was in english and saw images of events in my life that reflected choices I had made (deja-vu). After a final second decision and the injection of my sub-conscious into the physical state came my memories of the womb. Its a good place to start but babies cry for a reason when they are born.

My mother found me in the driveway when i was 5, walking around in circles lost and confused. Didnt know who or where i was, I suffered from a disease the name i cant remember (I just tried to call my mum) and it was to do with memory loss. I was a very sick kid growing up, and Im certain I remembererd more before that happened.

Other weird stuff has happened to me in my adult life like astral travel and such a couple of times and happened only when I was suffering terrible anxiety with certain situations. My mum has narcolepsy and although I have not been to see a doctor about it to be diagnosed am sure I have at least a mild form of it.

These are the only things I can think about when on this topic, I hope you can understand. Personnal evolution is critical, I would say we were born over and over again but how long do we want to keep making the same mistakes? Its time for me to move on...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When you want to consider if you will live on after the death of your body, certainly you have to consider an important variable ...consiousness. The fact that we are aware of our own existence is big. That fact that we are aware that we are part of a larger universe is absolutely HUGE. The fact that so many wise and blessed people have looked within and found the answer that you are asking...well...that's simple. All you have to do is to quiet your mind and find your connection to "the source", or god or universe if you like. The answers to questions like this will become obvious in a way that you never thought possible. You will KNOW. Just learn to quiet your mind and ask away....

I'll take this discussion one step further. This process also works for the discovery of "the creator". The same process explained above works for getting answers about god. Most people would say, "show me proof". I would say, "Every where I look I see God. There is no where that God isn't". I see so much beauty in the creations around us. And even the things that most people would surely label as BAD or EVIL, are also creations of God. You see, this existence was designed with contrast for a reason (opposites in everything). This is how we learn! Do you think this all happened by random means? IMHO, no way. The fathers of quantum theory even admitted many years ago that (paraphrased) "behind everything is an obvious intelligence". They recognised the beautiful and exquisite design of the universe and left no doubt that it wasn't an accident. And as I said earlier, all of your great teachers throughout the ages have conveyed the same knowing.

I know... and you will know too.

Peace & Light to all

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

the model for reality is nonwestern music -- which means how sound creates light through complementary opposites. The West measures time as spatial distance -- this started with music and ends with the end of technology.

So logically we can infer consciousness as the source of our I-thought -- or when we are in deep dreamless sleep -- we still exist -- our true Self is not defined by language or even a perception of time or space.

Now through complementary opposites there is a method to the madness -- in Asia it's called the "microcosmic orbit" or "small universe" exercise -- it's the 12 notes of the music scale applied to the outer body to transform sound into light.

So it's possible for the body to store and accumulate electromagnetic fields through coherence -- this is known in quantum physics as laser light or plasma condensates -- but there is something called the "time frequency uncertainty principle" in quantum physics which means frequency has to be translated back into classical spatial amplitude.

Qigong masters can see our past lives -- so could Poonjaji as detailed in his biography "Nothing Ever Happens" by David Godman. So Chunyi Lin went 49 days without water, food or sleep -- sitting in full lotus because this pyramid power is the most effect resonance of complementary opposites. You produce water and nutrients from the atmosphere through electrolysis and ionization -- as ultrasound is the piezoelectric transduction of the bones.

Then the '___' experience as natural or plant based is called the "rainbow vortex of reality" -- read Michael Talbot's Holographic Universe book -- reality is a holograph. In other words no one is there -- the external is the internal -- and we exist within reality -- it's called OMKARA in India -- how sound creates electromagnetic energy as the "infinite spiral of fifths" (China's term for alchemy).

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... is my blog on this subject but I did my masters thesis on it as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
can you die if you truely live?

i've died multiple times in dreams and once while awake, they both pretty much happened how i thought they would. so is it all in my mind, a dream while awake. Isn't the the unknown that we all will face what most would call god?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX Well said Rust. I was raised an evangelical
Christian. My mother who is still a Christian is dying of Cancer as I write this. I would love nothing better than to know that some form of her personality will survive - some form of her memories would go on and that at some point - we will be together again.
While I keep an open mind about there being a creator (not really needed when studying science of course) - what I can NO LONGER BELIEVE is a biblical God, god whatever. No compassionate Creator that is aware of human beings and their suffering could let that happen unless the entire scene our life is just a prelude to something much more important and this is just a classroom before that. Now that last bit is just a guess on a possibility and not anything I believe. I just acknowledge the possibility. Otherwise, how do you allow for 37,000 children dying daily of starvation? Ow do allow for cancer in children of all people? The molestation of women and children?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnthonyR
a reply to: SaturnFX Well said Rust. I was raised an evangelical
Christian. My mother who is still a Christian is dying of Cancer as I write this. I would love nothing better than to know that some form of her personality will survive - some form of her memories would go on and that at some point - we will be together again.
While I keep an open mind about there being a creator (not really needed when studying science of course) - what I can NO LONGER BELIEVE is a biblical God, god whatever. No compassionate Creator that is aware of human beings and their suffering could let that happen unless the entire scene our life is just a prelude to something much more important and this is just a classroom before that. Now that last bit is just a guess on a possibility and not anything I believe. I just acknowledge the possibility. Otherwise, how do you allow for 37,000 children dying daily of starvation? Ow do allow for cancer in children of all people? The molestation of women and children?

Actually, I think I misrepresented a bit of what my "belief" is overall. I am very much opposed to structured religion overall. I think if anything, it hampers many areas of growth within a person and society. Personal spiritualism and growth in those methods, I am a big fan of. Trying to understand and find your place within all this madness, find your drive and point, etc.
I shouldn't have spoke of any afterlife..as that is not what I was trying to say. rather, I was just trying to focus on how we really need to be having our eyes focused on here and now. If there is something after, awesome, but don't take as a given such knowledge as fact and therefore no need to progress in this life.

As for my personal understandings however, I have some profound and very personal "ghost" experiences that I have been unable to debunk in any rational way...the easiest answer, out of all the answers regarding paranormal, is that it is the continued existence of our consciousness in some actual physical way. It doesn't make sense to me though short of we are really just playing in some virtual reality for some reason. Also, I alter my understandings and beliefs based on any new evidence that comes forth...but I would never push this understanding on anyone as some sort of fact..I have no evidence to provide outside of my testimony..which that and 2 bucks can buy you a coffee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join