It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Continue to Live Once We Die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi Rising Against,

Everyone is eternal and lives after this life. The difference is that some have eternal bodies and live in heaven and some have eternal bodies and endure hell. Both are for eternity. Once God makes a soul, he never annihilates that soul. It lives forever. The way to be in heaven is to realize that all humans are sinners in need of a Savior, and then to call out to Jesus and accept his free gift of salvation He gives to all who will believe on Him. He paid the price for all our sins by dying, sinless, on the cross. Our part is to believe and agree with Him. We do this by humbling ourselves, agreeing with Him that we are sinners, and then asking Him to forgive us and cover us with His blood, which is our salvation.

If you have a bible, read the book of John to start, to learn more about who Jesus is. If your heart is sincere in wanting answers to these questions, and you are willing to believe, then ask God to show Himself to you, and He promises that He will. He will show Himself to the person who will humble themselves, empty themselves of their pride, and follow Him.

You must believe while you are here, in this earthly life. After this life, it is too late to make your choice, and if you have not believed in Jesus while here, there is no payment for your sins, and you will have to pay for them yourself forever in hell.

I will pray that God will open your eyes to His truth and you will find the answers you are seeking.

God's blessings to you!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wakeupcall1111

And what if you are wrong???
This is what I dislike about Christians posting on threads when they never open up the possibility of "what if" I am wrong. They always think they are right.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Possible we're dead already.

reply to post by Rising Against

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Sometimes the world we live in is a living hell.

Maybe your right !
This is our punishment

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

And what if you are wrong???
This is what I dislike about Christians posting on threads when they never open up the possibility of "what if" I am wrong. They always think they are right.

See, that's the whole point Maddogkull. It's all the CHRISTIANS that won't consider that we're wrong. That's because Jesus lives in our hearts and bears witness to what we say. I know that probably doesn't make sense, but you just have to understand that when you invite the Lord to live inside you - and make your life one with His, He shows you, in your heart and soul what the truth is. There is no more doubt. We, as Christians, just know. Can we prove it tangibly? No. It is by faith. The only tangible evidence we can show is that we ALL think the same thing.

I'm sorry that this is the best I can explain it. You just know in your "knower". That place in our hearts that all people have that desires and searches for the truth, is now filled with the Truth Himself. Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

Jesus will give that confirmation and truth to ALL who ask sincerely of Him. He is no respecter of persons - meaning He died for ALL. Our part is to accept Him and believe. If you would like to experiece what all us Christians are talking about, just talk to Jesus about it. Ask Him to show Himself to you. You don't need any flowery prayers and God always meets you right where you are. You don't have to become a certain way to find Him. Just ask Him from right where you are.

Anyway, hope the explanation helps some.

Blessings to you.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
O.K. once I had a dream that was more real than being awake. I woke up and immediately wrote my dream down in my journal. It was 2:30 a.m. I dreamt of my activist friends with native americans standing on the roof of a house holding a banner to protest for protecting a wooded area. I then wrote I thought this dream was going to come true.

Three years later I look at a photocopy of a newspaper photo of the exact same image described above. I've long forgotten my dream but I get this strange sense of deja vu. I drive to my parents the next day and I find myself rereading my old journal. Then I discover it.

I dreamt of my future -- 3 years ahead of time -- in exact specific detail.

Which begs the question -- if my dream was more real than being awake. If I knew that my dream would predict my future. If I forgot my dream -- 3 years after I wrote it down....

Then I must be dreaming right now.

I have more examples but if you want to know the secret check out this dude in great detail:

springforestqigong.com...

reply to post by Sinter Klaas

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

are u kidding me ?

dont u realize that maybe, just maybe, the book your are following with blood may be a work of fiction ?

follow me
there are a lot of books trying to explain that a god human like or gods or not god at all created everything, hell, heaven like places ... there are a lot of different religion

why do you think yours is the right religion ? did u know the church killed people that used their brain to study the universe ? did u know the church burned a lot of different books that talked about sex and other things ?

in my opinion, a person needs to be completely blind to follow a book like it is written as a way of life

try to open your mind, research more about science, other religion, our history, different ideas ... and maybe, you will realize that u may be wrong

the sin is not to believe in god, the sin is to follow a religion; religion were made for us to not think about our world, to follow rules and to not question everything

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
answering the thread

I dont think a single person in our world believe that when we die, everything ends ... that would mean, you could probably just kill yourself right now, it wouldnt make any difference for you later, since you wouldnt remember, you wouldnt evolve from your experience ...

the problem is that a lot of people like myself dont agree with the average joe that thinks a book or a religion explain everything about our world;

and that happens because, if you study our history, history of the religion, our science, our development as a society, whats happening right now, you will realize that religion were used as a weapon to control population, to avoid our brain's development ; so, for a long time, just a few of us really do try to use our brains to explain, to promote another ideas, to find our own beliefs

in my personal belief, I really think something happens after we die, but I really dont have any idea at this moment ... just a message to everyone is to not follow a specific religion, try to find out your own beliefs, religion is not a good thing if you really know whats happening around the world, and we could live without

as I said previously, the problem is not to believe in a god, the problem is to follow a lot of people blindly and without any possibility of the idea change or be questioned ... thats just insane, we have brains, therefore we question things ...

but I have dont have any idea what happens, I just had to speak here since there are some people that really looks like are sleeping and need to read somethings

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I share your opinion.

And I'd like to introduce you to this thread

This guy wil prove your wrong on the afterlife.

There are some very interesting opinions in there. My advice is to read them all, before you want to give yours.
If you like it I also store a link on something similar.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

$&F! Your effort in this thread has been an inspiration to me to try harder on my threads as well. and to answer your question yes I will live on even after death for personal reasons that I want to keep secret. Keep up the good work buddy

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You die and are reborn a million times. You never die. You are a spirit that is only temporarily inhabiting your current physical state. So... you will die and be reborn a billion times after this life and you have died and been reborn countless times before.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

by PMH Atwater

The following material was excerpted from two of P. M. H. Atwater's books – "Beyond the Light: The Mysteries and Revelations of Near-Death Experiences" (Avon Books, New York City, 1994), and "We Live Forever: The Real Truth about Death" (A.R.E. Press, Virginia Beach, VA, 2004). It is based on first-person commentaries from over 3,000 adult experiencers of near-death states. To learn more about the near-death research of P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D. access www.cinemind.com/atwater.

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE
Any pain to be suffered comes first. Instinctively you fight to live.

That is automatic.

It is inconceivable to the conscious mind that any other reality could possibly exist beside the earth-world of matter bounded by time and space. We are used to it. We have been trained since birth to live and thrive in it. We know ourselves to be ourselves by the external stimuli we receive. Life tells us who we are and we accept its telling. That, too, is automatic, and to be expected.

Your body goes limp. Your heart stops. No more air flows in or out.

You lose sight, feeling, and movement – although the ability to hear goes last. Identity ceases. The "you" that you once were becomes only a memory.

There is no pain at the moment of death.

Only peaceful silence. . . calm. . . quiet.

But you still exist.

It is easy not to breathe. In fact, it is easier, more comfortable, and infinitely more natural not to breathe than to breathe. The biggest surprise for most people in dying is to realize that dying does not end life. Whether darkness or light comes next, or some kind of event, be it positive, negative, or somewhere in-between, expected or unexpected, the biggest surprise of all is to realize you are still you. You can still think, you can still remember, you can still see, hear, move, reason, wonder, feel, question, and tell jokes – if you wish.

You are still alive, very much alive. Actually, you're more alive after death than at any time since you were last born. Only the way of all this is different; different because you no longer wear a dense body to filter and amplify the various sensations you had once regarded as the only valid indicators of what constitutes life. You had always been taught one has to wear a body to live.

If you expect to die when you die you will be disappointed.

The only thing dying does is help you release, slough off, and discard the "jacket" you once wore (more commonly referred to as a body).

When you die you lose your body.

That's all there is to it.

Nothing else is lost.

You are not your body. It is just something you wear for a while, because living in the earth-plane is infinitely more meaningful and more involved if you are encased in its trappings and subject to its rules.

WHAT DEATH IS
There is a step-up of energy at the moment of death, an increase in speed as if you are suddenly vibrating faster than before.

Using radio as an analogy, this speed-up is comparable to having lived all your life at a certain radio frequency when all of a sudden someone or something comes along and flips the dial. That flip shifts you to another, higher wavelength. The original frequency where you once existed is still there. It did not change. Everything is still just the same as it was. Only you changed, only you speeded up to allow entry into the next radio frequency on the dial.

As is true with all radios and radio stations, there can be bleed-overs or distortions of transmission signals due to interference patterns. These can allow or force frequencies to coexist or commingle for indefinite periods of time. Normally, most shifts up the dial are fast and efficient; but, occasionally, one can run into interference, perhaps from a strong emotion, a sense of duty, or a need to fulfill a vow, or keep a promise. This interference could allow coexistence of frequencies for a few seconds, days, or even years (perhaps explaining hauntings); but, sooner or later, eventually, every given vibrational frequency will seek out or be nudged to where it belongs.

You fit your particular spot on the dial by your speed of vibration. You cannot coexist forever where you do not belong.

Who can say how many spots there are on the dial or how many frequencies there are to inhabit. No one knows.

You shift frequencies in dying. You switch over to life on another wave-length. You are still a spot on the dial but you move up or down a notch or two.

You don't die when you die. You shift your consciousness and speed of vibration.

That's all death is. . . a shift.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Imagine this..

Some almighty all knowing God, is and always will be the devine architect of the universe.

Lets say this architect decided to design life and then create it.

Lets say this architect (all knowing) decides to give the man free will, because whats the point in making a species and then making it idolize and worship you by design ?

Lets say that an "Angel" was cast from "Heaven" because it had turned evil.

Lets say that this evil angel has dominion over the planet and that he wants to recruit plenty of people for his eternity in the "Abyss".

Lets say all of this is BS!

But the fact is it stands up to anything you want to throw at it. It is a theory just like plenty of crap that goes on here on planet E.

God Bless

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Here is what i think shortly of life:

Yes there is life after death.

Yes there is hell and heaven. (you dont stay for ever in hell only a period of time) (you cant just go heaven because you was a good kid!)

Ok so we go hell then what? Another life, it can be animal, human or other inteligent super specie. It works like ranks. All depends how 'good' you were.

Im sure one of the laws is DONT kill and eat animals and other species that have a soul/feelings, they have a soul just like you.

What is the purpose of life??? The most logical i could find is YOU NEED TO MAKE GOD HAPPY not yourself! Then you will be rewarded, but dont forget not the reward is the principal, its GODS happiness the principal.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I remember quite some time ago a discussion on the afterlife and a Buddhist said "If you light a candle it has a flame. The flame lives but if you put it out and light it up again, is it the same flame?".

I often ask "who am I exactly". Am I just memories and experience and consciousness? What would I be if I had lost my memories? The same person?

The question of life after death is one thing but I often think we fear mostly that we would never know even if it was true!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
S&F for an interesting read. I personally think that when we die were gone for good. We just fizzle out and it's as if we were never here. Like a computer hard drive that dies.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
i like this subject...simply because theres no way of ever knowing...untill you actually die...

im like you im not religious and dont really believe in god but i do like to believe in SOMETHING after death.

obviously i can never know...but it would make sense wen u think about it.

theres over 6.8 billion people on the planet...and every single 1 of those people is different.

so...i think there has to be "something" inside each individual that makes us different...some call it a soul...but woteva it is it exists because you see it in everyone you meet..i just think that that soemthing which makes u different...doesnt just die wen u die

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi there Rising Against!

Kudos on the effort put into this thread. thanks for all the links

This is indeed a very important question, not just on a personal level but a social one also. At some point in the future science will grant us an understanding of what consciousness really actually is and I think that this will be a major turnig point in our social evolution. Which ever way turns out, consciousness persists or doesn't once the body is dead, the implications for people's everyday lives and how we live is huge.

I'd just like to link to a thread of mine from a little while ago as many really good points are raised in it by other members which pertain directly to what is being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its kind of funny really, the scientific community is just now realizing something that the Native Americans have known for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ever had a dream that was more real than real life?

Life after death...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join