It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-UN inspector: Iran truth overcomes US mendacity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

' Inspector Scott Ritter says the truth about Iran's nuclear program is prevailing over the hype the western media is creating against the country

I believe Ritter is correct yet again

It's clear the truth *is* prevailing over the hype the western media is creating against Iran

'Fool me once ' .... etc.

And 'Can't fool all the people all the time '

Sure, inflicting severe unemployment upon a population works to persuade people to join the military

However, the population has lost its taste for blood

and feels ashamed it was conned into war LAST time

US presidents and the whore-media have cried 'Wolf' too often

about 'rag heads'

about 'secret caches of nuyular bombs'

about 'terrarists trying to take away our freeedumms'

Heard it all before: 'wolf, wolf, wolf '

and the military cemeteries are filling fast

not to mention the Iraqi and Afghani charnel-houses created by US troops

Obama promised change

Now, people see he's all about more of the same

Ritter just confirms what the majority already believe --- Lies about Iraq and now more lies about Iran

And they're saying: ' No more ! Obama and Israel want a war with Iran ... then they can go and fight it on their own. Because we're not giving any more of our sons and brothers and husbands and fathers

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I agree. You have a right to a choice of opinion in the way you see fit to give it. We all have different whews on this matter.

And it's obvious that some people don't agree.

It is a fact that PressTV is biased, it's state-sponsored. They wouldn't interview anyone who wouldn't tell them what they like to hear.

I have the right to be of opinion that those suspected of pedophilia - truthfully or not - have a reputation and credibility that is affected, and I'm pretty sure most political analysts would agree with that.

No where I mentioned that Ritter is lying. What would he lie about? He's merely voicing his opinion. I don't agree with his viewpoints as I'm of opinion that Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons in contrast to him saying that it is only a Western hype.

It is also a fact that those suspected of pedophilia are not considered credible, for good reason. Regardless of the subject. There are plenty of politicians and other key figures who have resigned for that particular reason. However, once again I would like to stres that nowhere I accused him of lying.

This

The Walking Fox wrote
On edit: Oh hey, I see you've got Centurion on your side. I'm sure with that fellow's help, you'll have this turned into a cozy little "KILL ALL THE FILTHY MUSLIMS RIGHT NOW AND ALL THE DIRTY LIBERALS FOR JEEEEEEEESUS AND WHITE AMERICA!" thread at any moment now. Kudos to you, Mdv2, kudos.

Is irrelevant, plain stupid and a direct attempt to derail this thread.

I respect another's opinion, I think the least you can do is to respect mine and that of Centurion. It's pretty immature to start attacking people personally and insulting them.

That was my 2 cents, I'm off now.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
This

Is irrelevant, plain stupid and a direct attempt to derail this thread.

I respect another's opinion, I think the least you can do is to respect mine and that of Centurion. It's pretty immature to start attacking people personally and insulting them.

That was my 2 cents, I'm off now.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Mdv2]

I've seen too much of Centurion to offer him anything similar to respect. As for you, you seem to be racking up quite a number of posts with the net appearance of advocating war with iran, so it's kinda hard for me to offer you respect at the moment either.

However, you decided to take Ritter's sexual problems, and turn it into a counter against his statement on Iran's weapons. Do you know the meaning of words such as "derail"?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Americans have nothing to fear from Iran

So why is the US president, Obama, so obsessed with Iran when the US is falling apart at the seams ? When every day brings further thousands of newly unemployed ? When charity organisations are exhausted and depleted ? When the ranks of the homeless swell with every passsing week ?

Israel had had nuclear arms for decades

So has the US

Do they think we're stupid ? Do they think we believe that *WE* have the right to stockpile nukes whilst other nations need our permission to do so ?

People are more fair-minded than that

And in any case, the world sympathises with Iran re: it's unfortunate proximity to Israel, which boasted of itself " We must be mad dogs too dangerous to bother "

Well, as we all know, mad-dogs get a bullet between the eyes

Iran instead has decided it would be prudent to develop some protection for itself against the Israel Mad Dog

And the Mad Dog Israel is whining now and wants to destroy Iran the way Iraq was destroyed (and made ALL that lovely profit for the Destroyers, let's not forget)

The vast majority support Iran. They sympathise. And they see through the whore-media's spin and lies

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Unless, of course, iran decided to export nuclear weapons or the technology to make them to people that would threaten the U.S. You are posting your opinion as fact - a common mistake here on ATS. Can you prove to a majority of Americans that this would never happen?

If not, the concern is still valid.

The vast majority support Iran. They sympathise. And they see through the whore-media's spin and lies

This is where experienced posters would insert a link to a reputable (as in non-biased) source to show that what was posted is a fact and not just another opinion.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Dock9

Unless, of course, iran decided to export nuclear weapons or the technology to make them to people that would threaten the U.S. You are posting your opinion as fact - a common mistake here on ATS. Can you prove to a majority of Americans that this would never happen?

If not, the concern is still valid.

And you are presenting harebrained speculation not only as solid fact, but also as an immediate threat. Your argument hinges on some pretty big ifs - IF Iran has nuclear weapons, IF it exports the technology, IF people inimical to the US get ahold of the technology, IF those people then decide to do something violent with it.

You, in your head, are changing those "IF's" to "IS's" based on no facts, simply your oft-voiced opinion regarding the inherent evil of "those people"

This is where experienced posters would insert a link to a reputable (as in non-biased) source to show that what was posted is a fact and not just another opinion.

So what does your own lack of links supporting the fearmongering in this post of yours say about the validity of your opinion?

[edit on 12-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You mean the way Israel pimps US armaments ?

"Israel has also become the main subcontractor of American arms. Just last year, Israel signed a contract to train and equip the Chinese army. It signed another multi-billion dollar contract to train and equip the Indian army. What is it equipping them with? It is equipping them with American weapons."
(Jeff Halper, 20 September 2003)

"Israel is very important, because on the one hand it is a very sophisticated, high-tech, arms developer and dealer. But on the other hand, there are no ethical or moral constraints: there is no Congress, there are no human rights concerns, there are no laws against taking bribes - the Israeli government can do anything it wants to.

So you have very sophisticated rogue state - not a Libyan rogue state, but a high tech, military-expert rogue state. Now that is tremendously useful, both for Europe and for the United States. For example, there are American Congressional constraints on selling arms to China because of China's human rights problems. So what Israel does is it tinkers with American arms just enough that they can be considered Israeli arms, and in that way bypasses Congress."

(Jeff Halper, 20 September 2003)

And the above is not hypothetical

It's fact

It's happening and BEEN happening for decades

How typical of the Usual Suspects to accuse others of crimes they themselves are guilty of

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am sorry but you cannot discredit a knowlegeable individual for crimes committed and paid for nor for whether or not he is a liar. You left a high profile person off your list of liars. Please include former president Bill Clinton. Didn't he lose his presidency for lying? He is still try ing to contribute to society. He paid for what he did. I believe that what Scott says is true. Whether or not the response for an attack on Iran will come from the Islamic nation is foggy. I have said before that depending on prevailing winds and the targets hit in Iran a cloud of radiation could affect countries as far away as Great Britain for instance. I've seen maps of how far the effects of Chernobyl travelled. A nuclear strike of any kind is the stupidest choice any country can make. No one has forgotten Japan. I believe that a retaliatory strike on the U.S. could happen but it might not necessarily be a nuclear one. It could be financial, terrorist, a false flag event or biological.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Then there's THIS :

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome.

Most European capitals are targets for our air force. ... Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother." I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third.

We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

(Martin van Creveld, 2003)

Now, imagine being Iranian and located in close proximity to those kinds of threats for DECADES !

Goose -- gander

Israel has BOASTED it has 'several hundred atomic warheads' etc.

Yet it has the HIDE to protest about Iran ?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by michial
Please include former president Bill Clinton. Didn't he lose his presidency for lying?

No, he lost his presidency because US presidents only get two terms. His impeachment failed, and he was not removed from office.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

"DiY media analysis:

It is relatively easy to locate bias and imbalances in the media. An obvious way into it is to note the language used to describe news actors and assess whether the same words are used for similar actions or behaviours.

Look for the language used to describe political stories. Who are the 'terrorists'?; and who the 'activists', 'fighters' or 'guerrillas'?

Which governments are described in negative terms as 'extreme' or 'corrupt' and which in more positive terms?

Check which side in a conflict are said to 'kill', 'murder' or commit 'massacres' and which are said simply to 'respond', 'strike' or commit actions which result in 'deaths'? Is it always the case that these descriptors are simply factual terms?"

(David Miller, 2003)

Well, Americans and in fact people the world over are media-savvy

They've lived through the rhetoric, the lies, the distortions

They're not prepared to be conned into war again

Obama and the entire US Congress is suffering daily plummeting of their credibility. It falls. Relentlessly. Day after day, month after month

If Obama initiates another false-flag attack and/or another phony war against another Mid Eastern nation

he'll be tried for war-crimes and a raft of other grave offences

And members of Congress likewise

Americans have had enough of their Israeli-dominated government

And the world has had enough of the US and Israel

Listen to Ritter, Obama. Listen and back off ... while you still can

link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

There you go again, attempting to put words in my mouth.

My point is those "IFS" could affect the lives of millions of people and our country's existence, or at least way of life. Remember the financial meltdown after 9/11 and 3,000 people died. What IF it was a nuclear device and it was millions of people? "IFS" like that cannot be ignored.

And do you have your head in the sand? Yesterday was 2/11. the day Pajama-man (sorry, not good with iranian names) promised to rock the west with an announcement. And what did he say? He said "Iran is now a nuclear state". Leaders don't say that when they build a power plant. And what part of him telling us that they had also started to enrich uranium to weapons grade, which is not needed to produce electricity did you miss?

If you are going to ignore all that and pretend iran does not want to build nuclear weapons, then just about the only reason for that would be that you are here to serve as a disinformation agent of the iranian government.

link   
Well de discussion is well going

Peace is the cause right, not arguing who said what.
Press tv quoted Ritter that the West is causing a media hype.
He maybe did some really bad things, but that doesn't mean he is lying because the West is making a big media hype about a lot of things. I think you all know the examples.

Maybe Iran isn't quoting people who aren't with them, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Peace all.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Hello mate,

I wonder why you are telling things like you know the whole true?
Maybe it would be wiser to don't pretend like you are all knowing because I don't believe you are. Well please fill me in with you're roads to facts!?

All the best mate, peace vincent.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84

Hello mate,

Maybe it would be wiser to don't pretend like you are all knowing because I don't believe you are. Well please fill me in with you're roads to facts!?

If English is not your first language, then I'm sorry if you don't understand what has been posted. What I've said is my chosen opinion, which I'm allowed to have and should be allowed to state without receiving personal insults.

That said, it seems to me you have the situation totally backwards. Read the posts of dock6 and walking fox again carefully, and you'll find it is there that opinions are being stated as facts without any proof offered besides presstv, which EVERYONE knows is biased towards iran's point of view.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is ISRAEL SPEAKING:

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome.

Most European capitals are targets for our air force. ... Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother." I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third.

We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

(Martin van Creveld, 2003)

This is ISRAEL BOASTING of its atomic warheads

This is ISRAEL THREATENING to use them

Then, in contrast, we see Iran being PROVOKED and MOCKED and DISCREDITED

in order Israel-dominated US can pretend to be 'concerned' about Iran's intentions ! LOL

Don't make me LAUGH !

ISRAEL is the THREAT !

The US is the threat !

NOT Iran

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thanks The Walking Fox for putting me straight on that. I still believe that Mr. Ritter is correct and that he is no more a liar than anyone else. I am totally against nuclear weapons and I personally think that if Israel would sign the nonproliferation treaty and allow inspections it would go a long way to diffusing the situation. They would also go some way to stopping the "global campaign of deligitimization". I am also against weapons of war.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

It's all a stage the Elite always has and always will have everything under full control.

How do you beat this? Ignore it, worry about why your here they are just trying to distract you.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

And this is iran speaking with actions instead of words (my bolding):

article

In their first appraisal of Iran’s nuclear program since President Obama took office, atomic inspectors have found that Iran recently understated by a third how much uranium it has enriched, United Nations officials said Thursday.

The officials also declared for the first time that the amount of uranium that Tehran had now amassed — more than a ton — was sufficient, with added purification, to make an atom bomb.

In a report issued in Vienna, the International Atomic Energy Agency said it had discovered an additional 460 pounds of low-enriched uranium, a third more than Iran had previously disclosed. The agency made the find during its annual physical inventory of nuclear materials at Iran’s sprawling desert enrichment plant at Natanz.

Independent nuclear weapons experts expressed surprise at the disclosure and criticized the atomic inspectors for making independent checks on Iran’s progress only once a year.

“It’s worse than we thought,” Gary Milhollin, director of the Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control, said in an interview. “It’s alarming that the actual production was underreported by a third.”

Iran has been caught covering up their uranium enrichment - lying about it to the UN.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vincent84

Hello mate,

Everybody in here is implying that they are telling the truth. But the irony is that they have gotten their truth from a media source as well. They love to argue which source is lying more then their own.

There is nothing but opinions here m8.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join