It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should light the Olympic flame??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey,
Me and my co-workers are having a debate on who should light the Olympic flame tonight. Lots of speculation and opinions on who it should be. I think Wayne Gretzky should do it, just for what he has done for my country and what he means here to us.

I've heard Terry Fox's mom or even a hologram of him, Don Cherry, Rick Hensen so far...

What does ATS think, both Canadian and Non Canadian opinions??

[edit on 12-2-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

George W. Bush would be the best person for the job.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I like your idea of Wayne Gretzky. Given it is the Winter Olympics and in Canada, I can think of no better candidate.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think it should be Stephen Harper, dressed in saffron robes, carried on the shoulders of his inner cabinet and singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" in the company of a jogging Salvation Army band.

Either that or Wayne Gretzky.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

Based on what credentials, he is niether Candian or good at anything

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I think it should be Stephen Harper, dressed in saffron robes, carried on the shoulders of his inner cabinet and singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" in the company of a jogging Salvation Army band.

Either that or Wayne Gretzky.

hahahahaahahhaha awesome....But Harper would be the last person i'd want to see do it. I honestly like the idea of Bush better lol

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I vote for Tommy Chong. He's Canuk, kinda funny, and......that's all I got.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by charlie0

Based on what credentials, he is niether Candian or good at anything

I think he missed an important word in his reply, I think he meant to say George Bush should be USED to light the flame.

That would be a cool sight to see, someone lit on fire and thrown in the cauldron. Definitely hard to top that.

I think it should be Terry Fox's mom. The Gretz was good at what he did, but he got paid ridiculous amounts of money to do it. Terry did what he did, not for personal gain, but to raise awareness and money for cancer patients. My other thought was anyone that was still alive from the 1924 games where Canada won it's first Winter Olympic gold medal.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

All very good points its a hard call with both Terry Fox's mom and The Great One. Both mean so much to this country, but would be nice to see Wayne get a little Olympic redemption, the wounds from Nagano are still quite fresh with a lot of us haha

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by Rook1545

All very good points its a hard call with both Terry Fox's mom and The Great One. Both mean so much to this country, but would be nice to see Wayne get a little Olympic redemption, the wounds from Nagano are still quite fresh with a lot of us haha

They could do both, since she is pretty damn old, they could have Wayne run into the stadium, up the stairs and light her torch so she can light the cauldron.

Nagano is not nearly as heartbreaking as Turino.

join