It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 - Part Three - Dark Meat or Light Meat?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Definitely dark. Easier to read. Doesn't give headaches.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I prefer the dark as it is much easier on the eyes. Please stay dark for the sake of us old people.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Can't we all just close our eyes and imagine?

Stupid question, pink on green, I wan't my eyes to hurt.

link   
Dark meat. A bit darker on the background actually. It keeps the light level low so it's easier to look at for extended periods.

link   
Dark.

Much, much easier to read.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I tend to prefer dark as in the first one, but after looking at the light I said to myself that in all honesty light isn't that bad either.

As such I guess what I am trying to say is that while I prefer dark, I could also live with light because it also seems to be very easy to read. Both are excellent options but as individuality goes, put me down for dark.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I like the dark meat best. It's less strain on my eyes.

It also gives the site a dark and mysterious feel.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As it is for me.... light on dark.... dark meat...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I opt for the dark version which I find easier on the eyes.

Could be more energy efficient too

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Perhaps you should poll optometritists to ask which is the better as far as least eye strain. They should be able to give you an "expert" opinion.

Optometrists recommend light text on dark for computer users.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Definitely dark. I really like the lay out the way it is, it's very easy on the eyes and doesn't cause a headache after prolonged periods of looking at it.

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Dark for me.

Originally posted by Now_Then

Stupid question, pink on green, I wan't my eyes to hurt.

Here you go bud.

link   
I'm still getting used to all these other new things that have popped up since my last visit to ATS! Amazing job...This site has grown exponentially!

I'd have to say I prefer the "Light Meat"

Switching between the two, it just seems to be a little happier and the contrast is a bit stronger, making the reading a bit easier.

Graphically speaking, it's that much more appealing...

But I know ATS has a defined color scheme that tends to lean a little towards the darker side, and in all honesty, either one would compliment the theme you're going for

link   
Absolutely Dark.

Light is way too hard on the eyes.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am definately minded towards dark because of contrast and ease on eyes as too improved legibility in the white on black/dark taupe background.

I used to keep white on blue in MS word, now i immediately set display to a darkish sky blue/azure background so all windows get black on sky blue and i find that much better for the eyes over time, i am given to understand it helps somewhat if Dyslexic as well, apparently.

But the light text on dark contrast is a favourite in numerous application and web UI skinning.

There is coding for allowing a range of user chosen skins for web UI as well.

Maybe as the site user interface is evolving as much as look, as you say, factoring a choice to user in member tools of the light or dark background, maybe even a couple of others, retro and futuristic above default or something, may be very popular with the ATS demographic.

Peace.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by DeltaPan]

link   
I also vote for the dark screen.I am on ATS a lot and I am already
used to the dark screen.I will even try to color coordinate my profile
to match!

link   
I think the second one the "light meat" look beautiful, but as the poster above me pointed out, I'm worried about eye-strain.

I usually prefer to read stuff with dark background because it's not hurting my eyes the same as black text on supercrisp white.

If I only would read small amounts of text I prefer black text with white background - but to read a lot, like here on ATS, I actually prefer dark!

Weird! I like it as it is now!

Can't we have the possiblity to TRY the "light meat" before we decide?

What ever you chose to do! don't make the "light meat" super bright, and please don't force us to wear sunglasses in front of our screen!

I'd vote for the alternative which gives less eye-strain and headache!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I vote for the LIGHT MEAT ...

I did have an suggestion, but I forgot it !! Its and age thing..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In terms of overall aesthetics, I prefer the light version for some reason. But the dark is easier to read.

A different font might be easier in the light version, I think the serifs in that version make the text field seem a bit blotchy.

My final vote: dark. That's what I'm used to using on ATS and I've always found it pretty strain-free.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
i would choose the top one because it doesn't hurt my eyes, however its hard to see the green at the bottom.

Agreed, I'm the same. I have to turn down bright pages usually.

Go for Dark!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join