It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota links to US highway agency revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Toyota links to US highway agency revealed

business.timesonline.co.uk

It has now emerged in court and government papers that two former federal traffic safety administration officers, Christopher Tinto and Christopher Santucci, were hired by Toyota in recent years directly from the agency and may have influenced decisions to abort investigations into the Toyota Camry and Solara models.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think they meant federal transportation safety administration. TSA.

Again, TSA in the news... in a bad way. In my opinion, this is not as much a statement on Toyota as it is on the federal government. People within the TSA were willing to abort investigations in Toyota's models due to relationships with these people.

How much do you want to bet that the involved people within the TSA also hoping to gain more lucrative employment outside the government and were willing to risk the lives of people in order to do so? The federal government is ripe with people like this - not so much that they intentionally endanger people but that they don't think of the consequences that their "getting ahead" attitude has on their duty to the people they're supposed to help protect.

It's interesting to me how these two guys could go to work directly for Toyota in a position that they would be dealing with their former agency. There is normally a two year "cooling down" requirement - I guess TSA is different that way.

business.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

join