It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Iran threatens to attack the West.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not too long ago we heard news of Israel thinking on attacking nuclear sites in Iran, while some people were claiming that Israel is just trying to look for more conflicts with other nations in the Middle East, now news come from Iran that an Iranian intelligence unit is threatening to attack the west, not only the US, with missiles.

Iran Stands Ready to Attack the West
"The London Arabic-language daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported that "an Iranian intelligence unit has established a center called The Brigades of the Shahids of the Global Islamic Awakening to replace the Iranian Revolutionary Guards' Department of Liberation and Revolutionary Movements, which had been in charge of helping and training revolutionary forces across the world." [1] The article went on to report a speech given by an official of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, threatening the U.S. with suicide and missile attacks at already-selected sensitive targets, and threatening to "take over" Britain.

"'(President Muhammad) Khatami speaks of the dialogue between civilizations, and I have grave doubts about this. It is a dubious idea. We do not want to take over the British Embassy, since they (the British) have already cleared the embassy of documents; we must take over Britain [itself].'

"'Our missiles are now ready to strike at their civilization, and as soon as the instructions arrive from Leader ['Ali Khamenei], we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations. Our motto during the war (in Iraq) was: Karbala, we are coming, Jerusalem, we are coming. And because of Khatami's policies and dialogue between the civilizations, we have been compelled to freeze our plan to liberate the Islamic cities. And now we are [again] about to carry out the program.' "

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems that Israel did have a reason why they are thinking on attacking Iran's nuclear sites. Strangely I haven't found this on almost any newspapers in the west except WorldNetDaily. But the story can be found at the MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute)

Related News
GLOBAL JIHAD
Iranian official threatens U.S.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I tried to check Tehran.com for their headlines of the 28th to see if there is any mention there but the headlines page is blank.

archive.wn.com...

Clicking on the link to get today's news also gave me a blank page.

wn.com...

Has anyone had any luck trying to find any other news sources carrying this?

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Armageddon time methinks, or (given my Asatruar leanings, Ragnarok).
Things are getting somewhat out of hand now.

And if Khatami thinks he's going to take over Britain, he's a pillock. I know we've got a traitor as PM, but that doesn't mean the rest of Britain are wimps. Just let him try that crap with Cornwall - Then he'll find out what it means to be 'pixy led' ... straight over the Tintagel cliffs to a nasty end. Bastard.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Never mind if Khatami is a "pillock", it is bullocks to think that Iran has the means to take over Britain. Think of what would happen to Iran if they even attempted this stunt?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
To strike with missiles would be suicidal, if an attack happens it will be with a smuggled weapon that will be harder to trace precluding an immediate response.

To respond in kind will take absolute concrete proof of source and perpetrators, this will be difficult to do and even then the question has to asked "will anybody believe their governments information" or will the retaliation itself become another reason for a split in peoples resolve to fight terrorism?

I believe an attack like this is bound to happen and that the retaliation even though warranted will cause furter split between allied countries and people, I don't for a minute forget that terrorist's know this also.

I know most think a heinous attack like this will bring everybody together in a froth of revengeful action, but if the blame is not crystal clear then I'm afraid given politics of the last few years that society will not be united as predicted.

The confusion I speak of is a classic prime goal of terrorism, a wedge to drive monolitic political systems and peoples apart.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If Iran is talking so tough, I would guess they're about nuclear weapons. There's no way conventional weapons could be used to take over Britain. Who knows what North Korea has managed to provide to them. For that matter, they may have obtained weapons from the forrmer Soviet Union. In any case, if Iran does act I'm afraid this one could go nuclear very quickly.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What a load of crap ....you talk about sheer propaganda.....and this isnt iranian propaganda ....this is western propaganda made up to use as an excuse to attack iran.....what was the name of that group...???

was it " El stupido jabbala imreallyfull of it haha brigade.......

man if thats not a poor western attempt at stirring the pot ....I dont know what is......Does anyone besides myself see thru this.....? or is anything thats flushed down the proverbial toilet to be run up the flag pole and saluted as the truth...?

Man if anyone believes that report is an official iranian release they are just unwitting pawns for the propaganda machine.....think about .....you gotta be kidding me.....Iran probably doesnt have missles that could hit israel let alone the u.k or the u.s

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yup and that whole area is a peaceful religion, loving people, and accept western culture, we just have to hug them and tell them not to hurt us and they won't...
BULL#!

Any chance they can catch us with our pants down, they'll rip em right off of us...

And bush is a cowboy for playing offence eh... riiiight...

I guess we should just let Kerry pay em off and beg them not to attack.

This is a perfect example for those of you who are a little mentally challenged in the logic area...

Edit: Iran would be stupid to threaten the Uk, if they did it would be lights out over there, if this truly is factual info...

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i think that's a reliable site. Here is information about the site.

" The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) explores the Middle East through the region's media. MEMRI bridges the language gap which exists between the West and the Middle East, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends in the Middle East.

Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501 (c)3 organization. MEMRI's headquarters is located in Washington, DC with branch offices in Berlin, London, and Jerusalem, where MEMRI also maintains its Media Center. MEMRI research is translated to English, German, Hebrew, Italian, French, Spanish, Turkish, and Russian. "

Excerpted from.
www.memri.org...

These people make translations in different languages of media from the area.

It seems to be legit.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It seems to be legit...?

maybe you could do a little research and see who its owned by ....????

just some regular old arabic people who have come to warn us of impending missle attacks....

Id bet by bottom dollar its owned by the elite to be taken as the truth by western audiences because of its wealth of knowledge of middle eastern affairs.....and its based in washington.....thats just laughable.....

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, if you do have pertinent information then post it. You are just giving your opinion, but i don't see any evidence coming from you that discredits the information on that site.

Read the information on the last link I provided, there is more information there, and if you do have any evidence of what you are saying, just post it.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
yeah maybe i should discredit all the fine work that abc nbc fox cnn and all the other mainstream media that is owned by the GLOBAL ELITE.....AND IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GIANT PROPAGANDA MACHINE......IM SORRY YOULL HAVE TO RESEARCH THAT YOURSELF , MY TIME IS TO PRECIOUS.....MAYBE ILL TURN ON LIMBAUGH FOR SOME GREAT INFO ON THIS REALEASE....I USE MY MIND TO FORM OPINIONS AND DONT RELY ON GARBAGE THAT IS SPUN OFF OF THE NETWORKS...OF COURSE I LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY ....AND THEN I LOOK FOR THE LIES AND DECEIT THAT IS HIDDEN THERE TO GET TO THE TRUTH....PLUG ME INTO THE T.V. MAN THERE ALL SAYING IT ...."ITS GOT TO BE THE TRUTH....

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
blah, blah, blah, blah, where is your evidence that debunks the information they provide?

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A few instances in history where the risk of attack was ignored by those that did not want to believe the evidence or threat,

Germany and Russia, 1941
Japan and USA, 1941
Iraq and Kuwait, 1990
USA and Al Qaida, 2001

There is probably 50 more instances of this in history but the few above will suffice, bellicose threats even though they appear to be BS must still be taken as serious.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
" Although MEMRI's viewpoint is pro-Israel, it is not the case that it contains no criticism of Israel or is monolithically anti-Arab. Many of the articles distributed by MEMRI are in fact criticisms of the Arab world offered by Arab liberals, and some of those are critical of Israel. It can be argued that MEMRI, despite its faults, amplifies the voices of reformers and liberals in the Arab and Muslim worlds, extending a platform that they would not otherwise have because of societal taboos and government censorship.

MEMRI's stance is that it is opposed to Islamic fundamentalism, not Islam itself, although the integrity of this position may be questioned because of links on MEMRI's website to certain evangelical Christian organizations who take a harder line on Islam. Though a number of its founders worked in Israeli intelligence, this may be explained by the fact that former Israeli intelligence officers are also the most likely Israelis to know Arabic. Yigal Carmon, MEMRI's founder, actually worked for both Labor and Likud governments. Moreover, the fact that one works for Israeli intelligence evinces little; four former heads of Shin Bet, the Israeli intelligence service, are in fact supporters of peace negotiations and proponents of the two-state solution."

Excerpted from.
www.disinfopedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh but wait, some people actually prefer to believe media that is pro terrorist like Al Jazeera....

"An Al-Jazeera broadcast shows a man calling for attacks on the US. -- REUTERS

John R. Bradley, managing editor of Arab News, writes in Straits Times about the notorious Qatari news network Al-Jazeera's recent troubles: "Even for a news organisation which frequently makes world headlines, the past two months have been a roller-coaster ride for Al-Jazeera, the Qatar-based, Arabic-language satellite station famous for airing exclusive video and audio messages from Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.

"Its best-known Arab reporter, Tayssir Allouni, was arrested in Spain in September for his alleged membership of a Syrian-dominated Al-Qaeda group suspected of close links to the cell responsible for the Sept 11 attacks. He has since been charged.

"The US-backed Iraqi National Congress, meanwhile, slapped a two-week ban on Al-Jazeera's Baghdad reporters in the same month, following accusations that they had encouraged 'anti-coalition attacks' within Iraq by airing calls for suicide attacks by what the station invariably calls 'resistance groups'.

"Then, in October, US forces detained two Al-Jazeera employees covering a suicide bombing at a police station in Baghdad suspected of having had prior knowledge of the attack. They had arrived at the scene and started to film before the bomb went off. "

Excerpted from.
www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Take over Britain, and how the hell do they plan on doing that?!

(gets weapons out and starts polishing them...)

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Let's also not dismiss the bombings over the past 20 YEARS!
Iraq and Iran went to battle because they both wanted to be superpowers of that area, Islamic fundamentalists also want to be a superpower to the world because they believe they are truly right.
Their books brainwash people to kill in the name of their God and that it's a holy killing and a good deed.

Don't dismiss worldwide killings over the years because you got the boogeyman syndrome...

Let me get you a link to support what I mean you can read their # yourself. And trust me these are actual guys talking about how righteous they are and how America is lazy selfish ect...
HOLD ON...

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Armageddon time methinks, or (given my Asatruar leanings, Ragnarok).
Things are getting somewhat out of hand now.

And if Khatami thinks he's going to take over Britain, he's a pillock. I know we've got a traitor as PM, but that doesn't mean the rest of Britain are wimps. Just let him try that crap with Cornwall - Then he'll find out what it means to be 'pixy led' ... straight over the Tintagel cliffs to a nasty end. Bastard.

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Pisky]

Let them try, there is an old saying 'Britain is at its best when its back is against the wall'

Let em try to attack us and the'll wish they bloody hadn't.

The last little bunch of goosestepping corporals who tried it got blasted back to Berlin (with our US cousins help) even before the US got involved we wernt prepared to surrender. No way in hell, so if they want a rumble. Bring it ON!

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
the Qur'an DEMANDS "good" muslims kill: Surah 008.039 �So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.�

www.apostatesofislam.com...

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by TrueLies]

[Edited on 29-5-2004 by Banshee]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join