It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Gives Obama Credit For Iraq War - Wow really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Incredible beyond words.....Joe Biden is giving the credit for the situation in Iraq to the Obama administration. This is the same Joe Biden that thought the solution was to divide Iraq into 3 seperate sections.

Talk about revisionist history!

And just in case you forgot what candidate Obama was saying about the surge back then, before he decided to claim victory for Iraq...

This fool has lost his grasp on reality in his attempt to salvage some kind of victory for his failed administration!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What?
They are not giving Bush the credit?

Here is Bush laying out the plan, and both Obama and gasket blowing Biden opposing it, now they are taking credit?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
why are you surprised? They're politicians.

No different than "hi, im creepy" bobby jindal taking funds and signing big checks after publicly ridiculing the money from Obama.

No different than Palin resigning and pursuing a book signing.

It's all the same thing. "Your side" achieves no victory - because your sides "leaders" and "Followers" are just as deaf, dumb, and blind, as the other

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I suppose if the right can blame Obama for all the jobs we lost and keep losing and the trillions in debt we are in due to the iraq/afghan wars, then why can't he take some credit for iraq?

I'm not saying he should, this surprised me as well but a lot of these media heads are blaming him for evvvvverything wrong regardless if it was started under Bush or not.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is like Peyton Manning taking CREDIT for the Saints victory in the Super Bowl.

LOLZebra, what you said doesn't make sense. Biden/Obama have lost touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's like that coworker at work, who takes credit for everything you do

I'd also like to take credit for this thread.....

Oh an mishigas..... I wouldn't throw that theory out the window just yet, I got my eye on you manning!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

IT wasn't the surge that fixed Iraq, it was the tactic of causing civil war which fixed IRaq.

Let them kill each other until they can't anymore, that is what they did in IRaq. What an incredible plan, simple, straight to the point, problem solved. Good work America..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
I suppose if the right can blame Obama for all the jobs we lost and keep losing and the trillions in debt we are in due to the iraq/afghan wars, then why can't he take some credit for iraq?

I'm not saying he should, this surprised me as well but a lot of these media heads are blaming him for evvvvverything wrong regardless if it was started under Bush or not.

Nice try but sorry, it's not the same thing.
The wars were in the Billions while the StimuPacks were in the Trillions, and just because you throw other peoples' money at something does not guarantee things will get fixed.

You can get emotional about it and debate this issue all day about who is to blame for "evvvvvverything wrong" but the truth is, there is no way to really measure it, so we can't really prove without a doubt which side is to blame.

This is slam dunk proof and the beauty of it is no lawyers or "media heads" are required to explain or give excuses about the flip flop because it's right there in black and white.
In this case Obama has the audacity to flip flop before he was able to make the older videos go away.

Yet another bad judgement call on his part.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

The Vice President is fudging for the President?

NO!!! Stop the presses!

A politician was wrong, and changed his tune without saying "I was wrong"?

HOLY CRAP, WHAT A SCOOP!

In other news, Louisiana Republican Bobby Jindal joins others in his party in trashing the stimulus bill, then taking credit for its success in his state!

We're all surprised! it's very surprising!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes......let's piss and moan over who should get credit over a WAR WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN IN.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

A politician was wrong, and changed his tune without saying "I was wrong"?

It's not that Biden and Obama were wrong. Everybody is wrong on occasion. And we expect those two bozos to be wrong, especially when their mistakes have been recorded on video and in print so many times.

It's the fact that they have the audacity to expect us to ignore their mistakes and accept their claim of credit for Iraq as the truth. They are beyond the shame and embarassment that comes with cognitive dissonance. They are truly moonbat material.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is a thought:
If Obama used his Messianic powers to bring Saddam Hussein and his clan back from the dead, I doubt Uday and Qusay would be making it possible for Barry to take credit.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

If Obama used his Messianic powers to bring Saddam Hussein and his clan back from the dead, I doubt Uday and Qusay would be making it possible for Barry to take credit.

Hey, we should bring Bush back so he can use his Messianic powers!!!! He worked GREAT with the Saudi Arabian King! He will even HOLD HANDS!!!!!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ummm Obama was/is given a daily briefing about Iraq every single morning....

He, and Patereus and Gates and etc, thoroughly reviewed a withdrawal date for American troops in Iraq and decided that next year would be an ideal time...

Did you forget all American forces in Iraq are on stand-by within their bases?.....

I think Obama has handled it quiet well.....

Afghanistan? Well... That's another story.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I had no idea Bush was considered a Messiah, last I heard he was Devil and smelled like sulfur.

I don't get the hand holding either but it still sends a better message than bowing, apologizing for everything and still not getting respect.

I don't like the oil companies getting rich either but hey, I'll be damned if I ride by bicycle to work everyday.

What kind of bike do you ride?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What kind of bike do you ride?

I ride a 2001 Chevy s10 which I can barely make payments for. Yes, I am obligated to pay 2.60 a gallon in gas just so I can pay for day care to take care of my kid while I make LESS after my former job was outsourced to Mexico thanks to our terrible trade laws.

How much was gas before the Iraq war? And before singling me out, ask how many other Americans have no choice but to do what I am doing. I have to drive to the city as it's the only way I can make enough money TO LIVE as wages are higher there. Yeah, I could move to the city and have a large increase in the cost of living which would completely negate moving in the first place.

The problem is not oil....the problem is foreign policy. That was a cheap shot.

Now ask yourself how anyone making minimum wage could possibly make a decent living?

That's right....THEY CAN'T.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No cheap shot intended, it was an honest question and I appreciate the honest answer.
Yes I know times are rough for many and I wish I knew if and when things will get better, but the truth is I don't. I know there is no quick fix or answer to the mystery of why a gallon of gas is about the same price as a gallon of milk.

I know you're not a fan of Obama, which is why I was somewhat surprised to see you defending the guy, especially after he had promised to make things better for those on minimum wage.
Another broken promise perhaps but if it's anything like the topic of this thread, most likely it's just another flip flop.

You see the pattern here?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
To the topic of minimum wage: Remember, Minimum Wage is not the same as Living Wage. It was never designed to be.

As for the hand holding, it is a Saudi social custom:

The holding of hands by Saudi men is an interesting social custom, one I learned and easily accepted. It means the person you are talking with is important to you and considers you important. You have each other’s undivided attention.

www.lewrockwell.com...

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with sexuality.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

No cheap shot intended, it was an honest question and I appreciate the honest answer.
Yes I know times are rough for many and I wish I knew if and when things will get better, but the truth is "I'm having no problems like you, so screw you and your complaints in regards to the war."

I read your mind

new topics

join