It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Okay im going off of my first impression because the longer you look the more your imagination runs wild, im going to say its a Hunter in what looks to be a hunter or someone in a Ghillie Suit with a rifle slung over his shoulder picking up something or observing something that caught his eye.

It is just too blurry with no enhancement to say what it might be, it could be many things from problem with he camera to a mossy stump that in our gestalt mind we make to look like something else.

Still nice picture...just too many variables and not clear enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is a really fun thread. Thank you all.

It is just as interesting that we all see something different as what the thing itself could be.

I can see the Boxer, but if it is, then it has a length of 2 x 4 nailed to its backside because I've never seen a dog with a rectangular tail!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I sharpened it up a bit.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5b4c50b91d6.jpg[/atsimg]

i looks like a hunter carrying its catch on his back. almost looks like a bear on his back, but i think it would be to heavy. you can see the hunters legs and his arm.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My first post here (hope I get it right!) It looks to me like the "Big Dog" robot made by boston dynamics. Here is the name of a youtube video of the robot in action.

Big Dog - FEMA'S Human Hunting Robot

I have no idea why they would be testing out there tho.

interesting.....(so is the video)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm very pleased I can come along and clear this up.

This is a bear. He has been in an accident, and has been skinned, or he has been in a fire, or is a mutant bear.

BEAR. It's a bear.

Glad to be of service. Please contact me for your future creature identification needs.

Edit: Sorry, I posted too prematurely. After reviewing all the other posts, I will have to change my opinion in favor of the Humanoid Praying Mantis. I mistook the large bulging eyes for bear-ears. Clearly a mistake in retrospect. I hope this will not cause anyone to lose respect for my creature identification skills in the future. I will still be available for consultations upon request.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
It looks like someone bent over messing with his boots or what have you, with one of those big backpacks that come over your head they are so big.

Or ET.

That's exactly what it is. I used a couple of diiferent apps to look at it and the best was Office Picture Manager, imagine that. He's actually carrying a rifle over his right shoulder and wearing a nylon fiber fill coat w/ a hood. The puffy nylon produces the slick sheen you see on his back and the hood makes the head look really big.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Is it normal for a hunter to sport a BEAR head as a mask while hunting??
I dont murder innocent animals for recreation so excuse my arrogance.

But it looks like a guy with a bear head mask on, carrying a deer over his back and shoulders. the two dangling arms are actually the deers legs, u can clearly see the joint in his leg also looks exactly like a deers. although i do not see the hunters arms only his legs...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
its MANBEARPIG!!!

seriously it looks like it

man body
bear head
pig legs

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe you took a photo from the past, a form of photographic time travel?

Or it could be Bigfoot carrying a catch?

Or perhaps it is indeed a hunter?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
I dont murder innocent animals for recreation so excuse my arrogance.

HAHAHA wow, that statement is indeed arrogant, but I think you meant ignorance, which it is too.

People hunt for FOOD not just recreation, and it isn't murder it is killing for food and for the better of the ecosystem.

It is more humane to kill an ambulant population of animals in the wild then raise animals in unsanitary conditions just to be slaughtered later.

I don't know ANY hunters that kill their animals and leave them dead in the woods, they are taken for food.

I don't know if you know, but deer populations grow rapidly and cause many traffic accidents and even deaths occur.

wow, some people amaze me....

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As I have already pointed out, this is a dog.

I have to admit, that reading through some of this posts gives me both a big smile, and the makes me shudder at the same time. Funny, and terrifying on how easily we miss the obvious.

It is running away from the camera, in a bound, giving the illusion of arms. It's head is turned ever so slightly towards it's right.

The lighting is what is both masking some of it's features, and highlighting others, creating the illusion that it has abnormal muscular development, and a hairless body.

I can't believe how far a picture of a dog has gotten!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

oops, ur right i did mean ignorance.

But as for your statement, not everyone kills for food, and even if they did its not like they need to, we have plenty of sources out there. you cant simply excuse every hunter by saying their doing it to survive, we all know they also do it for sport and recreation and even hand out trophies for them. Its so lame. Maybe we should do that to humans also, were just as edible and look just as nice on a wall...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
To me it looks like a hunting dog with a pack on its back and a rifle or shotgun sticking out of it.

Something like this with the hunters gear and weapon hanging off of it.
www.amazon.com...

[edit on 2/12/2010 by Erasurehead]

Bingo we have a winner!

its a Louisiana leopard dog. AKA Catahoula

[edit on 12-2-2010 by colt122]4.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 12-2-2010 by colt122]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deinonychus
As I have already pointed out, this is a dog.

I have to admit, that reading through some of this posts gives me both a big smile, and the makes me shudder at the same time. Funny, and terrifying on how easily we miss the obvious.

It is running away from the camera, in a bound, giving the illusion of arms. It's head is turned ever so slightly towards it's right.

The lighting is what is both masking some of it's features, and highlighting others, creating the illusion that it has abnormal muscular development, and a hairless body.

I can't believe how far a picture of a dog has gotten!

If you are so sure then please post a picture of which dog you find this to be.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow -- I think this is some weird angle masking a person with a gun, crouched and facing away form camera, with his.her arms hidden by the torso and the legs looking muscular as they do when stalking, even under cargo pants...

Of course, when I first looked at it, I thought it was a shoggoth....

NOM NOM NOM NOM

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
no takers on the ManBearPig? it also could be a mutant teddy bear

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If this was a trail Cam to spot game... why is there only one picture? this should be a small video of it walking running etc... imo its some idiot pulling another prank to mess with your heads as always. it wouldnt be a single picture.

link   
WOW A MAN. And i can See - The Cake!

link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Or how about the Kanye West Bear outfit while wearing a ninja turtle shell on its back?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join