It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trail cam picture - What is it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I am posting this on a dog forum and directing them here. too many people here are blind/stupid.

Wow. While you're posting it in the dog forum, perhaps you should remain there with that attitude.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Another theory is that it's some sort of monkey/primate released or escaped into the wild. Hopping away on big muscled legs while arms dangle in front and tail is long and up for balance.

Or this is actually a camera from Australia or New Zealand where all the funky marsupial animals of the world are found.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
To me it looks cat like. By the ears it almost looks exactly like a female lion. I have no idea where people are getting this "hunter" conclusion from, I mean look at the arms those aren't human.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

So...why did you comment then? You could have just as easily skipped this thread and moved toward a thread you were more comfortable with.

I agree. Why all the concern over how many flags the thread has and how come it's on the front page? I've been seeing people comment like that a lot lately in here and I don't know what the motivation is behind it unless the person thinks these threads are some kind of competition.

I find it tasteless to intentionally make insults at something that others clearly find fascinating. I am completely perplexed as to what this creature could be, and then I am forced to sift through mindless insults with the standard LOL format intended to denigrate the intelligences of the people who also find this interesting.

Obviously, this guy is jealous that this thread has developed interest. I'm not sure why, but, I agree with you...this isn't a competition. Its a way for people to discuss things that are of interest to them and we shouldn't be made to feel guilty because of it.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I say it is a bearded human bent over checking a trail. A couple of bands on the back side are clearly evident indicating clothing or equipment. The light reflection off the pack indicates a nylon close weave (usually cheap) pack.

On the left side is the top of something he seems to be holding in the left hand. Perhaps the compound bow someone else mentioned.

What has not been pointed out on the right side (camera side) is an arrow holder that is at about a 45 degree angle on the right side. If the guy was standing vertically, it would probably be in a normal position, in line with his body.

The reflection off the right shoulder is interesting in that it looks bare. I wonder what the temp was that day. And is deer season in? --Not that that makes a lot of difference to backwoods folks.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It looks like the ass end of a small horse. If it is a deer trail, maybe a well fed deer. one that just ate its own young.....

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It's obviously a Bear with no clothes on.

I just had a good laugh at that comment.

Whatever it is...its clearly naked and probably breaking many public indecency laws. Cuff it and throw it in the squad car.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I take it nobody has checked out the image I posted, I believe it may be of use

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by MR BOB

LOL! If that's a boxer then I'm afraid what we're witnessing here, people, is the first ever known case of a dog that suffers from Elephant Man's Disease.

The animal might not be as big as it seems. When comparing to the grass it doesn't appear to be that huge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddf5da22736a.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe bigger than a boxer, but for size comparison: a couple of Argentine dogs fighting a wild boar:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56103637025b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I say it is a bearded human bent over checking a trail. A couple of bands on the back side are clearly evident indicating clothing or equipment. The light reflection off the pack indicates a nylon close weave (usually cheap) pack.

On the left side is the top of something he seems to be holding in the left hand. Perhaps the compound bow someone else mentioned.

What has not been pointed out on the right side (camera side) is an arrow holder that is at about a 45 degree angle on the right side. If the guy was standing vertically, it would probably be in a normal position, in line with his body.

The reflection off the right shoulder is interesting in that it looks bare. I wonder what the temp was that day. And is deer season in? --Not that that makes a lot of difference to backwoods folks.

So, here's what this thread has come up with so far.

A cat, an alien, a deer, a dog, a pitbull (still qualifies as a dog), a human, a hunter (still qualifies as a human), and mythical alien creatures.

In other words...we're no closer to determining what this thing is since the thread started.

I truly have no idea what the hell this thing is.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

I would ask skeptics to be toleratant of others... and their opinions...I've spent years "humping the bush" day, night, woods, desert..and spent many an hour following the person in front of me... and its what my brain is telling my eyes what I see.. a scene replayed in memory of a person carrying a top loaded ruck bend forward as if he as tripped and falling.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, when I first saw this picture I was shocked as to what it was. I thought it looked alot like a Centaur. Haha. Anyways, after some close looking at the picture, this is what I have concluded:
-First thoughts were Centaur
-It looks like it is sunset? So, this thing is probably facing West

Then I concluded that it is probably:
-A donkey
-A Horse
OR
-A Cow

So, thats my two cents!
Enjoy figuring it out!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Lol, that poor backpacker how no idea he's pretty popular on a conspiracy website right now.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Those hind legs look enormous. I just have absolutely no idea.

link   
I find this to be an interesting thread. Entertaining regardless of what it is.

Given the fact that none of us know for a certainty what it is, I will hazard a guess based on what I personally can gather. Just my opinions.

First, it's a trail cam picture. That should indicate a hiking/camping or hunting club of some sort. And Louisiana is known, at least around here, for deer hunting. Without doubt, deer in the wild in Louisiana are more numerous than dogs, bears, cats or cows.

Based on that and what I perceive I will agree with those that say deer. Head facing us and down, foraging, angled slightly as is typical. What many see as hind legs are the back of the neck and what some see as two thin, spindly front legs are in reality crossed hind legs. A rather typical stance when a deer grazes. In my opinion, those that first viewed the picture were puzzled at first, then deduced this same answer, probably realizing the number of deer in this area and getting some idea of orientation.

Regardless, very cool thread.

EDIT to add, the OP does state deer trail.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

link   

Whatever it is...its clearly naked and probably breaking many public indecency laws. Cuff it and throw it in the squad car.

Well, if nothing else I've had my laughs for the day because, clearly, none of us has a clue what this thing really is. As the thread goes on, the possible explanations get more strange. Now I can't even quit laughing. LMAO!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well, if nothing else I've had my laughs for the day because, clearly, none of us has a clue what this thing really is. As the thread goes on, the possible explanations get more strange. Now I can't even quit laughing. LMAO!

Agreed. I don't think we'll be figuring this out anytime soon, but, I've had some fun trying.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here, if there is an alien in the theory why not an extinct reptile?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/423395140668.jpg[/atsimg]

In late June of 2005, I headed south on Highway 169 from my home in eastern Kansas to Tulsa, Oklahoma to attend a youth baseball tournament there that my son's team was playing in. My wife had gone on ahead the previous day and I was traveling alone. It was late in the day, a few minutes before sunset on a bright, sunny and hot day, and I was just north of Tulsa in a suburb whose name now escapes me. Suddenly, a strange creature darted across the road directly in front of my pickup and I got a clear look at it (because of the time of day and the nearness of the creature). It appeared to be about two feet tall or so and looked for all the world like a small dinosaur out of a Hollywood film, perhaps a velociraptor from Jurassic Park or something like that, because it ran upright on two large and muscular back legs, with the smaller, front legs carried close to the torso rather like a human sprinter would do. Its head was tilted back and the mouth was slightly open exposing a set of fearsome fangs while the eyes had a wild, fixed expression and were so wide open as to be slightly bug-eyed in appearance. It was shockingly fast, and appeared and disappeared in a moment, but not so fast that I didn't get an absolutely clear look at it. It was not a cat, dog, squirrel, fox, possum, raccoon or any other animal that I had ever seen, and I live in the woods and see these more common animals around here almost daily. I have seen other accounts of modern day sightings of small dinosaurs on the Net, but most of them were, as I recall, in the southwestern Colorado/northern New Mexico area. What I haven't seen reported elsewhere though, is how absolutely feral and dangerous it looked. I count myself lucky though to have seen it though, and hope to see one again.

www.cryptozoology.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Maybe bigger than a boxer, but for size comparison: a couple of Argentine dogs fighting a wild boar:

I'm just not seeing a boxer, or any kind of dog. Even when you blow up the image I don't see anything that closely resembles a dog. I'm more inclined to go with a deer or two deer. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here's what I think it is.

I think it's two mooses, but because of the way they were standing when the photo was captured, it makes it hard to tell. I colored what I thought were two different animals. You can see the legs and possibly part of the head of the second animal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e06abfad41d8.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join