It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. candidate questions any US role in 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican gubernatorial candidate said Thursday she has questions about whether the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks — a statement she swiftly backed away from and one that drew immediate criticism from her better-known rivals in the race.

Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison dismissed the comments made by Debra Medina on the Glenn Beck Show that there were "some very good arguments" that the U.S. was involved in bringing down the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

"I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn," Medina said. "I think some very good questions have been raised. In that regard there's some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there."

"There is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11," Medina said in the written statement. "I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way." Medina, Perry and Hutchison are battling for the GOP nomination. In recent weeks, Medina has surprised political observers by surging in public opinion polls and raising her profile in two televised debates.

Beck, who is influential among the Libertarian-leaning voters that Medina has attracted, said he had been flooded with mail since he announced she would be on the show. Medina said in the interview that she has not been questioning the attacks publicly. "There was a theme that ran against you, and that is, you are a '9/11 Truther,'" Beck said, referring to the term given to people who doubt the official account of Sept. 11. "While I don't endorse anyone ... I think I can write her off the list," Beck said. "Let me take another look at Kay Bailey Hutchison if I have to. Rick, I think you and I could French kiss right now."

Link

This woman has been making gains against Rick Perry for governor of Texas. I also don't see what is wrong with wanting to know everything there could possibly be to know about 9/11. I don't know/believe the government actually took a part in 9/11...but I do believe that they could have done something to prevent it...or at the minimum...were so completely ignorant that someone should be held accountable for it.

Nor do I see how this is an insult to the families of those who lost loved ones. That makes no sense.

I don't understand why Glen Beck keeps attacking the 9/11 people. He's done it from the start. While some of the theories are completely insane IMO...questioning and wanting answers to the ENTIRE story is not something that should be scrutinized.

I'm really starting to hate Glen Beck. I hope this woman wins. Rick Perry is a corrupted/lying POS anyway.

Glen Beck, someone who speaks so strongly against corruption seems to turn a blind eye to this topic...and then demonizes anyone for it.

Make no mistake about this whole ordeal though...it's being done to destroy her election hopes...period.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I read about this earlier this evening and the following is what bothered me:

Her response was immediately criticized by the radio program host and by her primary election opponents, Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

"I think anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job is a kook, and they owe the young men and women of the military an apology," said Perry.

click2houston.com

I haven't decided what the truth of 9/11 is, but I don't appreciate being called a "kook" for my suspicions of the official story. I support Perry's right to voice his opinion, though he doesn't seem to support Ms. Medina's right to the same. To bad she didn't have the courage to stick to her original statement, but kuddos to her for not alienating citizens that question their government!

"No, I don't believe the government had anything to do with the terrorists but to disassociate yourself with people asking questions, I believe that's an unhealthy thing for a free and prosperous society to do," said Medina.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll.

The national survey of 1,010 adults also found that anger against the federal government is at record levels, with 54 percent saying they "personally are more angry" at the government than they used to be.

The poll also found that 16 percent of Americans speculate that secretly planted explosives, not burning passenger jets, were the real reason the massive twin towers of the World Trade Center collapsed.

Twelve percent suspect the Pentagon was struck by a military cruise missile in 2001 rather than by an airliner captured by terrorists.

The survey also found that people who regularly use the Internet but who do not regularly use so-called "mainstream" media are significantly more likely to believe in 9/11 conspiracies. People who regularly read daily newspapers or listen to radio newscasts were especially unlikely to believe in the conspiracies.

scrippsnews.com

That sure is a lot of kooks.

Answer their questions.

p.s. I'm a kook too.

Only 16 per cent of respondents say the government headed by U.S. president George W. Bush is telling the truth on what it knew prior to the terrorist attacks, down five points since May 2002.

Source: The New York Times / CBS News

angus-reid

[edit on 11-2-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

"I think anyone who says 9/11 was an inside job is a kook, and they owe the young men and women of the military an apology," said Perry.

Shouldn't it be the other way around ? lmao

Shouldn't the gov apologize to the people who serve by ridiculing citizens and some politicians that ask questions ? Should the gov not apologize to the people serving over seas for sending them in a war staged by a false flag if that indeed turns out to be proven ?

The truth will come out one day, it always does.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm so glad you posted this thread, I was actually going to post one asking the ATS Texans to throw their support behind Medina! Perry and Hutchinson are too busy with their smear campaign to see that Medina is gaining support and it blows my mind that she did what would normally amount to political suicide (question the 9/11 OS). She WILL lose support by the brainwashed sheep who hate anyone who challenges the OS, so it is so important that we who think something else happened on 9/11 counter that with all of the support we can give.

Here is what she stands for...
Eliminating property taxes, protecting gun ownership, securing our borders, and restoring Sovereignty to Texas (sounds nice to me!)
www.medinafortexas.com

I think it is VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE TEXAS ATS MEMBERS SUPPORT DEBRA MEDINA!!!! If you really want your voice to be heard, get out and vote ATS!

-E-

[edit on 12-2-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am so sick and tired of disinformation agents like Glenn Beck. I sometimes wish someone with some backbone would ask Glenn Beck if he supports the official story? Yes, someone should get in his face and ask him like he asks his guests....."Do you support the official story?". This one question if asked of Glenn Beck often enough will show Glenn Beck for what he really is which is a paid disinformation agent that got paid 50 million dollars to be the joker that he is.

Remember, when anyone uses the line do you think 911 was inside job, someone should immediately turn the question around and continue to ask........"DO YOU SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL STORY?" because if he says yes, then he will be seen for what he is. If he answers NO, then we could begin to ask why not.

The key to getting Glenn Beck to back down and shut up is to ask repeatedly...."Do you support the official story?

Glenn Beck is a traitor that better use his greed money to make plans for where he is going to hide when 911 truth comes to the surface. When the truth of 911 is known, Glenn Beck will be seen for what he is...A Benedict Arnold. On that day Glenn Beck will be earn the wrath of the nation and I presume someone will show him first hand just how much he isn't the American he so claims to be. On that day, Glenn Beck will be getting what he deserves and I for one hope when he reaches the end of the rope that he chokes on his lying tongue. When his hanging around is done, the executioner can then holler, bring up the next 911 Official story disinformation agent. There's no waiting today. Step right up and meet your maker you lying, murderous greedy bastards. Justice awaits the guilty, or at least it will as soon as you slip the rope over your head. The only mercy shown will be to ensure that death is final and without failure.

new topics

top topics

join