It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran hails nuclear advance on revolution day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Iran hails nuclear advance on revolution day.

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday Iran was close to enriching uranium nearly pure enough for atomic bombs but the United States was dismissive, saying he spoke to rally government supporters on the Islamic revolution's 31st anniversary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So. Iran says it could produce weapons grade uranium if they wanted to. America it seems, does not want to acknowledge this or has reason not to believe them. Either way, as always, the Iranian government shows nothing but disdain for America and the UN as a whole.

I feel a war in the region is now inevitable. dark times.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Iran is an independent nation and has the RIGHT to enrich uranium for Nuclear Power purposes and for weapons if they choose to.

Israel, China, North Korea, United States, France, UK, Pakistan, India all of the have Nuclear Weapons

Why can't Iran?

Obviously they feel threatened by the Zionist regime and their lapdog the United States.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I agree. And I think the Iranian people deserve nuclear power.

What I don't agree with is a madman like Ahmadinejad being in charge of a nation and until Iran has a stable government, this should be viewed with suspicion. Unfortunately, western powers, I fear have other plans for Iran.

The people of Iran are the victims here I agree.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Iranians do have the right to Nuclear power, but we all have to remember; with great power, comes great responsibility. Yeah, so far we haven't destroyed each other with Nuclear annihilation, but who's to say that wont be tomorrow, or even a week from now?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComradeSubasic
The Iranians do have the right to Nuclear power, but we all have to remember; with great power, comes great responsibility. Yeah, so far we haven't destroyed each other with Nuclear annihilation, but who's to say that wont be tomorrow, or even a week from now?

As long as Countries have Nuclear Weapons it would be hypocritical to deny the access to Nuclear technology to other countries.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When a (for lack of a better word) "under developed" country like Iran has the capability to Nuclear energy, the rules to warfare and international war get thrown right out the window.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComradeSubasic
When a (for lack of a better word) "under developed" country like Iran has the capability to Nuclear energy, the rules to warfare and international war get thrown right out the window.

Under developed? HUH???

I think you´d better do your homework about the 17th most developed economy in the world...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Iran is an independent nation and has the RIGHT to enrich uranium for Nuclear Power purposes and for weapons if they choose to.

Israel, China, North Korea, United States, France, UK, Pakistan, India all of the have Nuclear Weapons

Why can't Iran?

Obviously they feel threatened by the Zionist regime and their lapdog the United States.

Why can't Iran?

Because they've publically stated that they want to wipe Israel off the map? That's like letting someone buy weapons you know has said they intend to shoot up mall or something...it's not smart.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do you often have these feelings of self-destruction being fair?

Originally posted by muse7

Why can't Iran?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Congratulations to Iran on their achievement and a bit CONGRATS to not backing down in the face of America and Israel.

Iran are 100% correct in their assessment that America is striving to take control over the Middle-East and therefore the world, and I sincerely hope Iran continue to be the spanner in the works of their corrupt goals.

to Iran for that. Now all they need to do is treat their people better

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The US government is trying to forestall the rich in the area trying to tie up the main trade routes connecting every other area to each other.

Take a good look at a map sometime. You think of this as some small insignificant area.

It isn't. It has all the same trade routes it has had for THOUSANDS of years. And men who want to control it personally for their personal benefit. The sort of guys that aren't into even a system where you get the possibility of getting money. Guys who LITERALLY make their toilets out of gold and whose people live in 800 year old stone huts.

You want to power share with people who think you are not just a useful body with skills - but guys who literally see you as less than nothing and indeed think you are in the way of the entitled God Promised position of World Dominance.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Iran gave up its "right" to produce nuclear weapons when it became signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

"The Iranian nation is brave enough that if one day we wanted to build nuclear bombs we would announce it publicly without being afraid of you," Ahmadinejad said, addressing Iran's Western enemies.

He told the crowd, "When we say that we don't build nuclear bombs, it means that we won't do that because we don't believe in having it." The United States does not believe Iran is capable of enriching uranium to that degree, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said in response.

"Iran has made a series of statements that are ... based on politics, not on physics," he told reporters.

Wow, what a radical madman. If he was at all civilized he would be trying to make weapons of mass destruction like the US with all his power.

Some of you people are so brainwashed by propaganda its sickening. And that statement about "wiping Israel off the map" is complete bogus and taken out of context by western spin doctors. A similar statement was made referring to the politics of the hardliners in the Israeli government. It had nothing to do with destroying Israel or its people.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Agreed why are they saying one thing and doing another. They are a threat and I hate to you sympathizers but they will draw no lines between me and you if you get my drift. We are in the same boat.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well its yet to be proven that they are
and second,
Israel didnt even sign it, and happily build their own nukes.

so which would you prefer?

The Israel approach, of not signing and building anyway?
Or the Iran approach, of signing and building anyway?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I was responding to this:

I would prefer that no more nations possess nuclear weapons than already do, which is the point of the NPT.

[edit on 2/12/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thats cool, apologies. In hindsight it probably did look like a direct response to ya.

But still, people harp on about the NPT and so forth.

You either stop all ME nations from having nuclear weapons, or you allow them all. picking and chosing creates enemies.

new topics

top topics

join