It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pondering the Natural Course of Spiritual Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This thread is simply an idea of mine that I am presenting for discussion. I have often wondered about our concept of Religion and Spirituality and whether or not they evolved "naturally" or from tampering from higher evolved beings.

My idea is that if a planet was left alone from the beginning of its evolution with no outside presence interfering, that presence being extra-terrestrial or beings from another dimension; then the natural myths of the peoples of that planet would be very different from our own.

Now this question does take for granted the idea that mankind was tampered with in some way by an outside force, be it extra-terrestrial or other. The concept that the force we call "God" is something external from us, I personally believe, is because ancient man was witness to the presence of beings whom they regarded as vastly superior to us. Laying the groundwork for the very evolution of our religious structures as we know them today.

A planet that had never been tampered with by any outside forces would have evolved a spirituality that is far less dogmatic and more based in learning and experience when compared to our religious factions.

At least that is my hypothesis, your musings on the subject are certainly welcome, as this is just an idea that I have kicked around for quite some time.

I have always wanted to watch a planet evolve from beginning to "end" without interfering and just merely observing, and noting any differences and similarities with that planet's culture compared to our own.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I disagree.

It's useful for a better chance of survival to form groups.
The rules and demands to join make an unwilling member less possible to join or stay.

from here it's a small step. we believe everything if we hear it again and again.

new topics

join