It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan Medina questions any US role in 9/11 attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Texan Medina questions any US role in 9/11 attacks

www.dallasnews.com

A Republican gubernatorial candidate said Thursday she has questions about whether the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks — a statement she swiftly backed away from and one that drew immediate criticism from her better-known rivals in the race.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csmonitor.com

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What really kills me is as soon as Medina made these comments Beck, who is "influential among the Libertarian-leaning voters" according to the article, inferred that her campaign was over, forcing her to revise her statements and basically claim she has no questions about the OS.

Thanks Beck!!!

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think that this should clearly show who Beck works for. I like some of the stuff he says but this is almost a slap in the face for those that have listened to him. Is he getting $$ to put down a "People's" candidate.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think it's a pretty clever article title by the Dallas Morning News based on the actual content of the article.

There's something to be learned here.

Peace

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I think you could be right. The coverage by the Dallas News seems much less antagonistic or dismissive of Medina's campaign than the second sourc, from the Christian Science monitor. I chose the first article because I thought the title was a better explanation of the news story, but I think the CSM article is probably a much better analysis of the atrocius way Beck handled the incident, and is probably a much clearer example of his motives. I beleive he, along with the rest of the MSM, will take any opportunity to subvert politicians who are open to the truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Too bad for her and for Texas. Beck, Perry, and Hutchison are all tools! Why should she back away from this stance though? She obviously thought it was true, and a popular candidate could force the public, media, and gov't to discuss the subject. Then, the OS could positively be destroyed. Of course, you must put your life and the lives of all you know and love on the line in order to do so. Don't you just love all this freedom?

[edit on 2/11/2010 by budaruskie]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is a video clip from the interview that was broadcast, in case anyone wanted to hear it.

I truly detest Glenn Beck on every front.....a paid shill if ever there was one

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
that was awful....he had a good interview that could have made a breakaway.....instead he did that crap. Texas is the leader in this nwo battle. we'll not prevail, i know, but still.(biblical view of what has been prophecied)

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
She did great considering she was set up for a political character assassination. That much is obvious from the start of the interview when she has to correct Glenn Beck about being a TEA party person.

All over the news wires are OP ed articles and hit pieces taking Glenn Becks accusations as gospel. Lucky for her, her support base is not based off of television ads and editorials but off of REAL people that back her based on her politics and not off of infotainment.

Glenn Beck attempted to do a really nasty job here but all he really did was get her name out there. Many folks listen to Glenn Beck and not half of them are rabid nut jobs like her is. Going on to say "he would kiss a guy" and "she has no chance" he may as well of publicly endorsed Rick Perry with trival comments like that. At the end of the day all he did was make himself look foolish while getting Medina a few more votes.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Go back into my post history.

I was a defender of Glenn Beck.

Not anymore. I canceled my Insider and Fusion subscription, unsubscribed from his email list, and blocked the charges from buying tickets to his show here in TX.

That is how much this has opened my eyes.

I should have known from the FEMA camp flip flop.

I fee like an idiot.

I apologize to all the people I debated with. I was wrong.

On a high note . . .
Talk shows across TX were getting bombarded with Medina supporters, and this does not seem to be phasing Texans at all. It seems to be galvanizing them.

Check it out: Link

On a side note:

Here are some interesting facts . . .

9/11 Truther - Medina Link started with an avid Rick Perry supporter

Medina spokeswoman Nelda Skevington said Perry's campaign was using the interview in robo-calls to Republicans an hour after the show aired.

Glenn Beck has a new favorite band that he loves to to play and quote their lyrics on air. He actively endorses and advertises for the band Muse, who are hard core 9/11 Truthers

Explain that crap to me, please?

Anyone also want to explain WTF that has to do with a TX governors race?

[edit on 2/12/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Guess what? Play with the big boys and you get burned if you haven't got what it takes.

She faltered on the question and went blathering on... It seems a forgivable mistake but if Beck is going to french kiss Perry ewww that's just gross.

I can't believe he said that.

With Beck's rise to über-mega-popularity I can't blame him all that much for making what appears to be a mistake. Medina needs, in fact, MUST answer all the questions.

By the same token it's better to find out now whether or not Medina is good for the state.

It also wouldn't surprise me a bit that with all the resources at Beck's disposal that he didn't have a clue about her background...

They may have found enough in their basic research about her to find that she has something in her past that could be seriously damaging were it to come out full public. So, at that moment they dropped any idea of featuring her.

Anyhow, He came across as patronizing the people that want her on the radio... Radio time is still expensive.

Beck has already proved that he's the ONLY one that's out there in the media looking out for Tea Party's etc.

If he gets a big head and goes wrong headed he will certainly lose it.

Until then, keep an eye on him. Fame and popularity does strange things to people.

Having faith in one man ... LOL @ You ... Did you think Beck was a GOD??? at YOUR Beck and Call? He might just be doing her a favor.

Use some gray matter and do some extrapolation.

Are we going to trust Obama?

At least Beck seems to be on our side.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread, and wil add it here since I feel it is important...

I'm so glad you posted this thread, I was actually going to post one asking the ATS Texans to throw their support behind Medina! Perry and Hutchinson are too busy with their smear campaign to see that Medina is gaining support and it blows my mind that she did what would normally amount to political suicide (question the 9/11 OS). She WILL lose support by the brainwashed sheep who hate anyone who challenges the OS, so it is so important that we who think something else happened on 9/11 counter that with all of the support we can give.

Here is what she stands for...
Eliminating property taxes, protecting gun ownership, securing our borders, and restoring Sovereignty to Texas (sounds nice to me!)
www.medinafortexas.com

I think it is VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE TEXAS ATS MEMBERS SUPPORT DEBRA MEDINA!!!! If you really want your voice to be heard, get out and vote ATS!

-E-

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Guess what? Play with the big boys and you get burned if you haven't got what it takes.

Look at the facts. It seems to be a setup.

She faltered on the question and went blathering on...

Please listen to the next interview she did . . . especially the last two minutes.

www.youtube.com...

It seems a forgivable mistake but if Beck is going to french kiss Perry ewww that's just gross.

I can't believe he said that.

hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net...

With Beck's rise to über-mega-popularity I can't blame him all that much for making what appears to be a mistake. Medina needs, in fact, MUST answer all the questions.

Once again, please review the evidence. It makes no sense. Also . . . WTF does that have to do with being governor of Texas?

By the same token it's better to find out now whether or not Medina is good for the state.

How does whether she is a truther or not determine if she is good for a state?

It also wouldn't surprise me a bit that with all the resources at Beck's disposal that he didn't have a clue about her background...

They may have found enough in their basic research about her to find that she has something in her past that could be seriously damaging were it to come out full public. So, at that moment they dropped any idea of featuring her.

So they bring her on to ridicule and slam her?

Anyhow, He came across as patronizing the people that want her on the radio... Radio time is still expensive.

It was a slap in the face to all Texans.

Beck has already proved that he's the ONLY one that's out there in the media looking out for Tea Party's etc.

If he gets a big head and goes wrong headed he will certainly lose it.

Beck is a wolf in sheep clothing.

Until then, keep an eye on him. Fame and popularity does strange things to people.

Indeed

Having faith in one man ... LOL @ You ... Did you think Beck was a GOD??? at YOUR Beck and Call? He might just be doing her a favor.

I believed that he was for the people, just as millions of other Libertarians and Constitutionalists do.

Use some gray matter and do some extrapolation.

I have, hence my posting this

Are we going to trust Obama?

At least Beck seems to be on our side.

I do not think so.

top topics

join